Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

23 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This is forum where we can voice an opinion.

I don’t slate the players at games, but it’s perfectly justifiable to have an opinion that isn’t one that suits the happy clapper bandwagon on here ffs.

Deal with it.

Im no happy clapper and everyone having an opinion is fine. However the over reaction is pathetic. He cant be a world beating future england player one Day then total shite the next.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Heading and jumping are one of his best strengths.

How about Palace's first goal, when they pumped it long to him, he was totally unchallenged but has piss poor heading strength so he just nodded it straight out of play, which he did on a number of occasions - uncontested. Puts pressure on us and they score from the throw-in - Amartey had an identical scenario against Man City and headed it properly back to one of our players, not just out of play, Fuchs would do the same.

Edit: I think he has good attributes and he's developing well, I think he should start at LB and we're lucky to have him, but it frustrates me when he puts pressure on us from weak, unchallenged headers, and he has some defensive positioning to learn too. Great dribbler and a hard worker though, although his crossing is poor.

Edited by theessexfox

Example of Fair Opinion = "I don't think he is of a high enough quality and I doubt he ever will be, maybe he is not cut out at this level."

Example of not a fair opinion = "He's a useless cvnt who's shit and lazy and might end up in gangs and is stupid."

If the second "Not a fair opinion" is expressed and someone disagrees this does not = "happy clapper bandwagon" as far as I can see?  Surely it = decent human being?

I love the type of person that feels they can abuse/slag off people willy nilly then cry when someone disagrees with them.

This forum = a bit depressing at the minute.  Where's all the compassion?

X

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Im no happy clapper and everyone having an opinion is fine. However the over reaction is pathetic. He cant be a world beating future england player one Day then total shite the next.

Yes I agree with that; he can’t be both. 

Two years ago he looked to have great potential, which sadly hasn’t materialised and made him into a good player.

I just happen to think he’s not very good. The fact that he can’t defend or pass a ball can’t be overlooked just because Fuch’s legs have gone.

13 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

That's not what I said.  Saying he needs to learn more about defensive positioning isn't the same as saying he can't defend.  Maguire needs to work on his positioning too, and Morgan and Simpson need to work on their passing.  All our defenders have strengths and weaknesses.  

yes you are correct and Chilwell cant defend

He's developing fine so far.

If he continues to develop well and is able to guarantee a regular first-team place, we would save quite a bit compared to if we had to try and get a decent left-back in for probably an over-inflated fee.

On 12/11/2017 at 07:49, Col city fan said:

Yet another bizarre thread on FT.

Chilwell has the makings of a LWB but defensively remains naive. But that's understandable, given his age and lack of experience.

I said to my son during the game..a lot of people seem to want to replace Simpson at RB. For me, what we really need is a really good LB replacement, and to keep introducing Chilwell over time. Fuchs is past his best

:thumbup:

Yayy a defender that can't defend yet everyone wanks him off because he's English, yet Amarty whose nearly the same age who is Ghanaian gets loads of shit but can arguably defend better.

How long are we going to persist with the clown at left back when we have one of the best (Fuchs) on the bench.

By all means give chilwell a run in the team towards the end of the season when there's nothing to play for, but right now we can be pushing for Europa and we are playing this little boy?! 

• Haha 1

I am all for bringing the youth team players through and giving them a chance, but I've  yet to be convinced by him and actually wonder how he is getting in the team. All those that think he brings more to the team than Fuchs must be seeing something i'm not, he's incredibly lightweight and easily bullied , not good enough for prem football yet needs to go out on loan to toughen up a bit....

1 minute ago, Bozman said:

I am all for bringing the youth team players through and giving them a chance, but I've  yet to be convinced by him and actually wonder how he is getting in the team. All those that think he brings more to the team than Fuchs must be seeing something i'm not, he's incredibly lightweight and easily bullied , not good enough for prem football yet needs to go out on loan to toughen up a bit....

What does Fuchs offer other than long throw and crossing tho. He gets rinsed every week even with Albrighton playing as another LB most of the time. If he couldn't cross he would be useless.

Chilwell was fine first half, put in two great balls. Second half he was crap but at that age, when your experienced defenders and keeper are all shitting the bed, then you do as well.

23 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

What does Fuchs offer other than long throw and crossing tho. He gets rinsed every week even with Albrighton playing as another LB most of the time. If he couldn't cross he would be useless.

Chilwell was fine first half, put in two great balls. Second half he was crap but at that age, when your experienced defenders and keeper are all shitting the bed, then you do as well.

Spot on re Chilwell, I don't know what they put in his tea at half time but the difference from the first half with him and Albrighton posing a real threat as they linked well and very little defensive concern to the 2nd half where he really did fall apart was incredible, one of the problems was when he had the ball there were no options for him and he got himself in a tangle.

Re Fuchs tend not to agree,he is obviously in the twilight of his career but personally thought he had an excellent game vs Man City recently and hardly looked like his legs had gone.Re throw ins, we were totally lost without them yesterday which is a worry as we seemed totally incapable of keeping possession from them without the option of Fuchs bombing one down the line or into the box.

Chilwell looks a natural wing back, but needs to improve his final ball.

He's young and still learning. 

I personally don't mind him having a couple of bad games if it means one of our own becomes better for it. I find it baffling so many appear to want to bin off one of our most promising academy products in years. It's absolutely bizarre. Show the lad a bit of support. 

• Like 1