Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford (A) pre-match

Much more likely to pick up points in this than against Liverpool so play the strongest side.

As always I suggest 3 at the back with Albrighton and Chilwell as wingbacks, particularly now with Simpson out, but I suspect that’s too obvious.

Anyway, there’s a reasonable chance that Puel knows a bit more about football than me so I’ll leave it to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

No we didn’t 

According to the way it was presented in the match coverage, yes we did. However, I will say that it didn't seem that way to me as we defended in two banks of four. But they put the lineup as 3 at the back, Morgan, Fuchs and Maguire on the official match coverage and specifically called it out.

14 hours ago, davieG said:

Broadcast Schedules: Watford vs. Leicester City

FIRST TEAM

1 hr 40 mins ago

1 Minute

Leicester City’s clash at Watford on Boxing Day is available on television across the globe (3pm kick-off).

While LCFC Radio will provide the team news first, live commentary and exclusive post-match reaction, you can also follow the action on the following TV stations…

Argentina – Direct TV 
Brazil – ESPN 
Canada – TSN 
China – Tencent 
Germany – DAZN 
Hong Kong – LeSports 
New Zealand – beIN Sports 
United States – NBC & Telemundo

Is your country not listed above? Click HERE to access the Premier League’s website.

Flying to Croatia on Boxing day -  arrive around 2.30 so hoping i can find a stream for my phone;.. Will be pestering the match thread for links if not ... will make a change as i am usually one pm'ing everyone else

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think Claude will promote from the U23's. Would rather someone played their natural position however inexperienced they are rather than a square peg. From what I understand, that is how Claude prefers to operate.

Unless we have a right back in the U23's who would be better than Albrighton, Dragovic, Fuchs or Chilwell in that position then it's not going to happen. As far as I'm aware don't we play CB's in the RB position in the U23's? Isn't it usually Darnell Johnson who is naturally a CB?

Personally I'd love to see Albrighton in that role and it's the ideal opportunity for Puel to try it with both our RB's being out. Puel has form for turning midfielders into full backs and he wants his full backs to play a bug part in the attacks. You just have to look at Simpson under Puel and a lot of the time he is further forward than Mahrez when we have possession. I think Albrighton has all the attacking ability and work ethic you could possibly want from an attacking full back. The big question is can he defend like a full back? 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Anybody remember Albrighton at right back against Chelsea , then it’s a massive no, he looked so lost.

He works as a wing back, just not a right back/full back.

And to be honest, I wouldn't want his crossing ability pushed that far back - it's a major threat for us when he's on form.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Unless we have a right back in the U23's who would be better than Albrighton, Dragovic, Fuchs or Chilwell in that position then it's not going to happen. As far as I'm aware don't we play CB's in the RB position in the U23's? Isn't it usually Darnell Johnson who is naturally a CB?

Personally I'd love to see Albrighton in that role and it's the ideal opportunity for Puel to try it with both our RB's being out. Puel has form for turning midfielders into full backs and he wants his full backs to play a bug part in the attacks. You just have to look at Simpson under Puel and a lot of the time he is further forward than Mahrez when we have possession. I think Albrighton has all the attacking ability and work ethic you could possibly want from an attacking full back. The big question is can he defend like a full back? 

I believe Darnell Johnson has played there before. I think Josh Knight has too but he's primarily a centre-back. I'm not totally sure but I think Alex Pascanu is mainly a right-back, although I don't know whether he's highly thought of in the U23 set-up or not. I like Puel's tendency to bring the young players through but I can't see it happening at right-back for us currently.

I think we'll go 3-5-2 with Albrighton at RWB. Unless Puel thinks Chilwell or Fuchs could fill in on that side and we stay with 4 at the back?

Edited by ALC Fox

23 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Flying to Croatia on Boxing day -  arrive around 2.30 so hoping i can find a stream for my phone;.. Will be pestering the match thread for links if not ... will make a change as i am usually one pm'ing everyone else

If your on an android phone would recommend an app called mobdro. I managed to watch the west brom friendly on it in Croatia in the summer.

• Thanks 1