Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford (A) pre-match

11 hours ago, brucey said:

Not sure messing about with a new back 3 formation with little preparation time is a great idea?

Surely Albrighton can slot in as a regular RB, although with Gray and Mahrez as wingers it might not be strong enough defensively.

Puel has got history for changing midfielders into full backs. Looking at Albrighton's skill set he has everything offensively you would want in your marauding full back especially his crossing, stamina and work ethic. This might be a blessing in disguise and the full back Puel wants is right under his nose and can save us £20m. 

I wonder if he would put Chilwell ahead of him for extra protection? If not maybe this team for Watford?

----------------Vardy---------------------

Chilwell------Gray------------Mahrez

------------Ndidi--Iborra----------------

Fuchs Maguire Morgan Albrighton

-------------Schmeichel----------------

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Puel has got history for changing midfielders into full backs. Looking at Albrighton's skill set he has everything offensively you would want in your marauding full back especially his crossing, stamina and work ethic. This might be a blessing in disguise and the full back Puel wants is right under his nose and can save us £20m. 

I wonder if he would put Chilwell ahead of him for extra protection? If not maybe this team for Watford?

----------------Vardy---------------------

Chilwell------Gray------------Mahrez

------------Ndidi--Iborra----------------

Fuchs Maguire Morgan Albrighton

-------------Schmeichel----------------

Once again v utd... grey drifted to hold hands with albrighton.  It is better with ryhad in the hole (like 4 vardys goal)  and grey and albrighton in the wings

Edited by foxinsocks

Anything but Chilwell or Fuchs at RB - can't have one of two very left footed players playing a position where you need a right foot. 

Would strongly consider playing King instead of Iborra. king did well at Southampton and Iborra has been awful vs Man City and Utd, looks tired and could do with a rest before Liverpool 

• Like 4

Albrighton is the obvious choice as an emergency right back, unless Dragovic has history of playing there? The option of having Fuchs or Chilwell moving to the right. 

I wouldnt be suprised if he went with a back 3 with Fuchs at left centre back. Mahrez maybe playing as one the central 3 with Okazaki and Vardy up top. 

3-5-2

Simpson out for weeks not days with a hamstring tear.

Dragovic in and Wing backs although the midfield will be tweaked with King coming in - expect Vards to be on the bench for Slimani 

Hope we have enough to win this as Pool away will be a tough game.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

3-5-2

Simpson out for weeks not days with a hamstring tear.

Dragovic in and Wing backs although the midfield will be tweaked with King coming in - expect Vards to be on the bench for Slimani 

Hope we have enough to win this as Pool away will be a tough game.

Silmani getting the start? That’s bold.

11 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I really am beginning to think that Marc Albrighton will stick at RB; it just makes sense. 

Some posters have been clamouring for a right-sided Chilwell to support Mahrez.... i.e. a RWB. Makes total sense, I hope Marc gets a decent run and does well so we can avoid buying any overpriced spuds. :unsure:

Does mean we need to get in new wingers though. Not sure if Thomas/Barnes are at a good enough level for winger backup off the bench.