Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield (H)..up next!

6 hours ago, rn9013 said:

If we are serious about pushing for 7th, we have to win this, it’s as simple as that. 

Personally I think we will, I think we have to remember we’ve had a tough run of games in the form of Manchester United, Watford away (who are mid table let’s not forget) and then Liverpool away all in a very short space of time. 

Not time to panic yet. 

True. The palace and Watford games were very concerning though in terms of our performance and even attitude in the palace game. Actually managed more possession than United though with only 10 men which I found quite funny. Definitely not time to panic and if anything, our recent run will only hit home even more with Puel the need to improve the squad and clear out all the shit. It is clear when we have a few injuries/suspensions/lack fitness that our back up options in most positions are pretty poor!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

True. The palace and Watford games were very concerning though in terms of our performance and even attitude in the palace game. Actually managed more possession than United though with only 10 men which I found quite funny. Definitely not time to panic and if anything, our recent run will only hit home even more with Puel the need to improve the squad and clear out all the shit. It is clear when we have a few injuries/suspensions/lack fitness that our back up options in most positions are pretty poor!

Agreed. The palace game was the one game out of those that I did find worrying. But again, they were on a six game unbeaten run and have a good team (they’re in a false position in the league for me), not that that should excuse the performance of our boys in that game. 

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Convincing home win

2-0 no worries

We'll win. 

Keeping a clean won't happen though. You were right about the LB problem, Chilly needs a bit of time and Fuchs is gone. FBs should be our absolute priority this january.

I think this is a huge match in the context of how our season shapes up from here. From us down to the bottom there is little to choose between the sides and we are far from safe yet. The last four games have clearly brought an end to Puel's honeymoon period and he has some questions to answer.

I have to be honest here and say I am yet to be convinced by him. I'm especially concerned by the fact that he does not seem able to address our defensive frailties. Currently we need to score 2 or 3 goals just to have a chance of getting something from the game. I have to question what goes on on the training pitch in this regard.

A couple of weeks ago I would have felt confident we would win this but the dismal performance against Palace and the disappointing result at Watford have tempered my expectation.

I acknowledge that Puel is trying to change things and though our possession percentage has inproved, but so much of it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I think this is a big game for him. He needs to get them fired up and playing on the front foot, something he doesn't seem especially good at to me.

Going to be a nervous afternoon and for me too close to call.

8 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

We'll win. 

Keeping a clean won't happen though. You were right about the LB problem, Chilly needs a bit of time and Fuchs is gone. FBs should be our absolute priority this january.

So how do you expect Chillwell to make it if we buy a new LB and replace him?  He needs to play in order to develop and everybody needs to accept that mistakes will happen with a young defender in the short term.

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

So how do you expect Chillwell to make it if we buy a new LB and replace him?  He needs to play in order to develop and everybody needs to accept that mistakes will happen with a young defender in the short term.

The top flight is pretty unforgiving with young players having to be exceptional to survive.

My concern  with Chilwell is his natural defensive instincts are lacking and am not sure be will be a reliable left back defensively. Very good coming onto the ball and attacking wing back maybe. Compared to Gomez, Kenny who are youngsters who look better defensively imo - time will tell but two areas which could  improve our starting eleven are definitely full back  and i think CP will move to improve  these positions now and in the summer especially if Fuchs heads to the States.

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I think this is a huge match in the context of how our season shapes up from here. From us down to the bottom there is little to choose between the sides and we are far from safe yet. The last four games have clearly brought an end to Puel's honeymoon period and he has some questions to answer.

I have to be honest here and say I am yet to be convinced by him. I'm especially concerned by the fact that he does not seem able to address our defensive frailties. Currently we need to score 2 or 3 goals just to have a chance of getting something from the game. I have to question what goes on on the training pitch in this regard.

A couple of weeks ago I would have felt confident we would win this but the dismal performance against Palace and the disappointing result at Watford have tempered my expectation.

I acknowledge that Puel is trying to change things and though our possession percentage has inproved, but so much of it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I think this is a big game for him. He needs to get them fired up and playing on the front foot, something he doesn't seem especially good at to me.

Going to be a nervous afternoon and for me too close to call.

As much as I understand your worry. We are three wins away from the average safety total and have half a season left.

The four wins in a row ensured our safety IMO, the rest of the season is all about aiming for 6th but more than likely settling for 8th. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

The reverse fixture was a total abomination. Parking the bus against a newly promoted team and fluked a 1-1 draw. 

What do you expect?! I think you're overreacting a little bit, we're 8th because of draws and form like that...:whistle:

12 hours ago, Humbofox88 said:

Based on what? How come van dijk could possibly play?

If van dijk could play, he'll be registered as an emergency loan, like we did a few years back with Chris wood. Silva can't be an emergency loan, we own his registration, but the transfer of it from the Portuguese FA to our FA didn't meet the deadline. So his registration will be transferred to the English FA when the window opens, but that'll be too late to allow him to play tomorrow - van dijks registration doesn't have to move internationally.

Leicester lost but do did Everton and watford and burnley got one point only so Leicester can narrow to 4 points when burnley will face Liverpool Leicester have to win and gray must grow ( we are not in Texas anymore)

and the the good news Leicester will face Chelsea after the break with Adrian silva and time for Chelsea to be afraid of the new foxes 

hsppy new year 

7 hours ago, filthyfox said:

He's been playing with himself a lot lately.

I’m not surprised really By the state of his wardrobe especially wearing his wife’s clothes to the Hospital visit at Christmas all the squad have been taking the pi ss out of his clothing range !!

Edited by justfoxes