Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Rafa Silva

His technical ability looks nothing short of brilliant, the way he helps the team transition from defence into attack suggests to me he'd be perfectly suited to us.

It's a shame we've got numerous players already playing in his position, but suppose if we sold someone or as is suggested he comes in on loan for an option to buy, it can't exactly hurt us to sign him?

Oh and obviously we've been linked with him before, so must be something in this???

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

Now this is the type of player I could see Puel go for. Seems a bit like a more cultured version of Demari Gray and capable of being another option in the Albrighton / Mahrez / Gray combination behind Vardy. He seems a bit like the reverse version of Mahrez in that Mahrez plays on the right hand side but almost always uses his left foot, whereas this guy plays on the left but uses his right foot almost exclusively. I love the outside of the boot passes he made in a few of those clips!

I think we have to be careful with making signings as we have too many new players that have been brought that have done nothing, and young players who need game time in the first team (Chilwell, Barnes, Kapustka if he ever comes back). But a player in this mould I could see fitting into Puel's system very well. I assumed we would get Ben Arfa, but this might be a better alternative. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Might be just me, but i get nervous when we start to get linked with wingers as it might mean we lose Mahrez and this is the replacement.

It’s a loan move so no, it’s more a replacement for the inconsistent Gray. 

4 hours ago, Callabinho said:

It’s a loan move so no, it’s more a replacement for the inconsistent Gray. 

Or a stop-gap until we can find a long-term option for Mahrez. Can't imagine there are many players of Riyad's ability and dynamism walking around waiting to come here. That search could take time.