Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Man City v THE City scoreline prediction thread

Everyone expects us to get beat but after many years experience of watching City,(The only City of course) this is how it will pan out.

We will take a surprise lead from an unexpected source, Silva or Simpson or something daft.They will throw the kitchen sink at us, great saves, close shaves, and the odd hitting of the woodwork.Then in about the 80th minute they will score from a mistake by a City player,who, up to then has had his best game for city ever.

We will hold out valiantly in a mad scramble until the last minute of injury time which for no logical reason has been extended to 8 minutes.yes 8 minutes!.....then they will get a goal that is 15 yards off-side, or the luckiest deflection ever seen, or the stupidest penalty for hand ball blasted at a City player from 6" away......or the biggest cheat dive by Sterling that you have ever seen......and boy we`ve seen some of those haven`t we!

A valiant defeat in the face of massive adversity and the M.O.T.D. pundits will only talk about how we might have got a draw if Mr Mahrez had turned up.

From many years of experience that`s  how it will be......so to answer the question a hard fought, valiant, backs to the wall honourable defeat..................BLOODY CHEATED!!:scarf:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hope we get dominated all game like 100000000 Man City shots then we go and win it 0-1. 100% I'll end up next to them who stand next to the away end so I'd love to shut them up again.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Until this morning I thought this could be embarrassing for us... 5-0 maybe...

But if Mahrez is back in training (even if he doesn't play tomorrow) the atmosphere and team spirit will be back up again. Still don't see anything other than defeat, but maybe restrict them to 2 goals and nick one ourselves.

I'll go with a spirited 2-1 defeat, which, away to Man City will be nothing to be ashamed of.

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I hate it when 'player's are up for it', as they should be up for every game. But given the current situation at the club, and that Man City are part of the cause, I hope that the team pulls together and really go for it.

However, we'll lose. Hopefully only 2-1.

When Anelka was at Man City (when they were a mid table team), he did not given a shit against small teams but been up for it against bigger teams. A few of his teammates at the time said even his pre match routine was more focused against the bigger teams.

• Like 1

Diabate to score a hat trick, leading us to a 5-2 romp at the Etihad.

In the summer Pep will then bid £200mil for him on transfer deadline day after Du Bruyne gets injured in a friendly in America. He gets his move whilst mahrez stays.

Edited by oadby.fox
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Everyone expects us to get beat but after many years experience of watching City,(The only City of course) this is how it will pan out.

We will take a surprise lead from an unexpected source, Silva or Simpson or something daft.They will throw the kitchen sink at us, great saves, close shaves, and the odd hitting of the woodwork.Then in about the 80th minute they will score from a mistake by a City player,who, up to then has had his best game for city ever.

We will hold out valiantly in a mad scramble until the last minute of injury time which for no logical reason has been extended to 8 minutes.yes 8 minutes!.....then they will get a goal that is 15 yards off-side, or the luckiest deflection ever seen, or the stupidest penalty for hand ball blasted at a City player from 6" away......or the biggest cheat dive by Sterling that you have ever seen......and boy we`ve seen some of those haven`t we!

A valiant defeat in the face of massive adversity and the M.O.T.D. pundits will only talk about how we might have got a draw if Mr Mahrez had turned up.

From many years of experience that`s  how it will be......so to answer the question a hard fought, valiant, backs to the wall honourable defeat..................BLOODY CHEATED!!:scarf:

I hope the actual game will live up to that.. at least to some extent!  lol COYL :scarf: 

Silva to open his Lcfc account with a screamer 1 for Vardy as he runs back sticking 0-2 fingers up to the Manc Tw@s then Mahrez comes on in the second half dribbles round the whole defence slots a magical curler into the top left !!

And then I woke up !!??

There not as prolific as they have been they seem to be going off the boil a bit so I’ll go for a Cheeky 0-1 last 30 seconds of the game a sweet curler from Mahrez if he does actually play if not a Vardy super strike ??

Edited by justfoxes

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

When Anelka was at Man City (when they were a mid table team), he did not given a shit against small teams but been up for it against bigger teams. A few of his teammates at the time said even his pre match routine was more focused against the bigger teams.

Mind boggling. You'd think a professional player would want to win every game. I'd have thought to get where they are, they'd be very competitive.