Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

it's not about snobbery - it's just disbelief that people choose to spend £3 on a pint of shit instead of spending equal on a drink in the same vein that is miles ahead in terms of taste and quality. 

it's not about ale tasting shit. 

there's plenty of 'craft' lagers out there now, not ales; that are in exactly the same family of beverage as your carlsbergs, carlings, fosters, etc. but just significantly better tasting.

I don't give a shit tbh - I barely drink myself but when I do I'm not wasting my time / calories / money on a large tinny of carling lol. 

Is taste not an opinion now? 

39 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Not had my last one yet

I have. Mine. not yours that is.

A pint of Butty Batch around 10 days ago. And that was a farewell pint. Thing is, I can't drink (alcohol) these days. It just ****s me up. I feel like carp after a couple of pints. Not just physically, it messes with my head too. Just not worth it any more, sadly. And I mean that, it is with a real sadness. I used to love having a few pints. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

it's not about snobbery - it's just disbelief that people choose to spend £3 on a pint of shit instead of spending equal on a drink in the same vein that is miles ahead in terms of taste and quality. 

it's not about ale tasting shit. 

there's plenty of 'craft' lagers out there now, not ales; that are in exactly the same family of beverage as your carlsbergs, carlings, fosters, etc. but just significantly better tasting.

I don't give a shit tbh - I barely drink myself but when I do I'm not wasting my time / calories / money on a large tinny of carling lol. 

But isn't the point that essentially it's about what you like? Some people like Fosters, Carling, Coors/Bud Light etc.

I don't like the "weaker" stuff, but equally I really don't like the taste of Brooklyn (too bitter) or any of the stronger ales out there. I've tried them but I don't like them. People disparage and mock those who don't drink "craft" and "ales" but seem to conveniently forget that, low and behold, some people might not actually like the drinks that are "miles ahead in terms of taste and quality." You do realise taste is subjective?

By all means some may never have strayed from the "piss water," but humans are creatures of habit about many things, not just the alcohol they drink.

I'm very much an Estrella, Amstel, Singha, San Miguel, Export man myself when I drink at home. When I'm out though, I'm more than happy to have the best beer I can find. Gutted Tuborg has gone from Spoons tbh.

• Like 2

Guest Harrydc

So sorry , I didn't mean to cause all of this! But I have just enjoyed a refreshing pint of Fosters if we're going back on topic .... lol 

• 1 month later...
Guest MattP
On 31/05/2018 at 21:51, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Mine was in the Post Office Vaults in Birmingham, some porter.

Spent the afternoon in the jewellery quarter which is becoming one of my favourite little areas to booze now

Is the Hen and Chickens still around? Loved that boozer.

2 hours ago, baker11 said:

Finnished off a mini keg of Everards Sunchaser

Me too. Not usually a fan of 'golden ales' marketed to lager drinkers, but in the heat last night it was absolutely superb. 

Edited by bovril

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oakham Ales Citra this afternoon 

EC0E5D55-5E5C-45F6-BEC9-0C2221081069.jpeg

Old Thameside Inn?

Oakham have their own place in Kennington that sells all their beers and Thai food. Bit of a trek and the food is so so but worth it for a pint of JHB and the only place in London I've seen with Everards on. 

On 01/06/2018 at 14:35, Footballwipe said:

But isn't the point that essentially it's about what you like? Some people like Fosters, Carling, Coors/Bud Light etc.

I don't like the "weaker" stuff, but equally I really don't like the taste of Brooklyn (too bitter) or any of the stronger ales out there. I've tried them but I don't like them. People disparage and mock those who don't drink "craft" and "ales" but seem to conveniently forget that, low and behold, some people might not actually like the drinks that are "miles ahead in terms of taste and quality." You do realise taste is subjective?

By all means some may never have strayed from the "piss water," but humans are creatures of habit about many things, not just the alcohol they drink.

I'm very much an Estrella, Amstel, Singha, San Miguel, Export man myself when I drink at home. When I'm out though, I'm more than happy to have the best beer I can find. Gutted Tuborg has gone from Spoons tbh.

This is fair enough. I was a proper beer snob at Uni but I remember the first week I lived in Palermo, 35 degrees, having a pint of Moretti in a glass that had been left in a freezer and it was by far the best beer I had (and still have) ever tasted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Old Thameside Inn?

Oakham have their own place in Kennington that sells all their beers and Thai food. Bit of a trek and the food is so so but worth it for a pint of JHB and the only place in London I've seen with Everards on. 

I think that was the name of the place yeah