Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

The game had Puels hallmark of lethargy stamped all over it. God help us if he's still in charge next season. The errors were in his team selection from the start and his inaction until it was too late. Face it he's bloody awful.

Don’t even know where to start with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but ****ing hell mate! 

Players need to take more blame, I’m sick of it not happening. 

We were cautious in the first half to try and keep it to 0-0 (a great tactic) it was just undone by Kel’s mistake.

Second half we came out flying, equalised and were undone by a Kasper mistake. 

In my opinion... god help us if we haven’t brought in a decent back up/first choice keeper next season....

1 minute ago, Berlinfox said:

We're all disappointed, but there are some over the top reactions here. Of course there were some mistakes, but overall I thought we played pretty well. 

Overall we were second best to a poor Chelsea side today. It's probably just as well we have gone out it saves us the heartbreak of the inevitable loss in a semi-final

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheshfox said:

Not a great deal between the teams today, Chelsea are one of the best teams in the premier league and have more quality.

There are a few players who are not good enough, Kasper average keeper, Chilwell not premiership quality, Morgan past his best.

Puel needs the summer to sign some quality and we will be a decent team. Its dissappointing to lose but come on there was not too much difference in the teams today.

I'd say that knocking Kaspar is harsh, he's most definitely a top keeper and we won't get much better! Chilwell is premier league quality but just not the level we want right now, confidence/final ball issues - Although I'd put some of it down to Puels instructions to literally make our game plan to put balls in. It's not bens strength and he does not have that kind of quality and consistency. We all know that Simpson can't cross for shit but he can sure as shit defend better than Chilwell

• Like 1

Very frustrating.

I thought after Iheanacho scored against WBA that he'd probably start the next game and we'd regret it. The Chelsea defence must've been pleased he was starting over Shinji. Lad's got potential but his all round game is poor at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bfox said:

Agree that Simpson has rarely ever put in a good cross in his career but there's all round solidity to his game rather than just effort.

Yep you are right Simmo is a steady enough player but he is the square peg in a Puel round hole with his belief in overlapping and attacking fullbacks that are expected to assist. I don’t think Chelsea were up to much it was a shame we didn’t perform at 100% if we had we could have knocked  them out. 

Edited by oxtonfox

Just now, bfox said:

I'd say that knocking Kaspar is harsh, he's most definitely a top keeper and we won't get much better! Chilwell is premier league quality but just not the level we want right now, confidence/final ball issues - Although I'd put some of it down to Puels instructions to literally make our game plan to put balls in. It's not bens strength and he does not have that kind of quality and consistency. We all know that Simpson can't cross for shit but he can sure as shit defend better than Chilwell

Sorry but Chilwell is definitely not premiership quality and never will be.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Overall we were second best to a poor Chelsea side today. It's probably just as well we have gone out it saves us the heartbreak of the inevitable loss in a semi-final

Bollocks. We matched them for the most part but made two mistakes and got punished. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The lack of quality in Chilwell and Simpson relates completely to their final product. Both are keen, energetic, always give you 100%

But to anyone who knows at least a bit about football, their weakness, ironically, lies in exactly the thing that Puel wants them to do...to be able to get forward and to deliver some sort of ball with quality. Whether it be aerially or along the ground, the expectation of an attacking full back is to get in behind and to find either on on-running attacker or an advancing midfielder. Neither can do this with anywhere near enough regularity, so that a main component of how Puel wants us to play, becomes almost redundant.

I’ve said before, if Puel stays as our manager, I expect him to rectify this, on both sides.

The BBC commentator kept pointing out that Chilwell looks to scared to put the final ball in and passes back

My thoughts:

Think we were pretty decent, especially second half, separated only by a (now common) Kasper howler. 

Subs too late, Nacho should have been off at half time. 

Please don't give Gray anymore game time, I know he only had 5 mins but Diabate is clearly a better option from this point onwards. 

We need a RB, Simmo is EXCELLENT as a defender and I rate him highly at what he does, but going forward he has literally nothing. 

Some being harsh in Chilwell today, thought he had a decent game, however I am increasingly aware that he has limited ability, not sure why he kept refusing to swing a cross in today. 

Nacho isn't the player we all wished he could be, but I don't blame him for that, he's a poaching number 9. NOT A 10. 

Wes, had a decent game but he's a fecking lump when chasing back now and come on, he's knocking on. Get Draggo in - remember those 5 clean sheets we kept?

Puel - reluctant subs as always, slow start as is customary, hopefully he will rectify this next season's when he's had a chance to bring his own players in. People calling for his head are deluded. Imagine having Pardew in charge? 

Season isn't done, we should already have taken 7th but we love shooting ourselves in the foot. If we down tools now I'll be ****ed off. 

We need to start looking at keepers, sorry Kasper, you are a city leg-end and over the years have shown your worth but I think you may consider yourself better than you actually are. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Once again, absolutely no need to have a go at the Manager...

Our goalkeeper has yet again let us down

We’ve got a left back who hasn’t got a clue (perhaps a small amount on puels shoulders here...)

Simpson is a good defender but doesn’t work in this system. 

Thought it was a really good good game and we were two mistakes away from Wembley. Individual errors not manager error!!!

Good post but i do believe Puel has to take some blame for not making subs earlier. Puels biggest criticism has got to be not making subs at the right time to influence games. Chelsea were there for the taking and we didn't take the chance we had 

• Like 2

Thought we played well but we need to address the left back position urgently because Chilwell just isn't up to it I'm afraid. 

We've been done by him being too scared to put a foot in and foul Willian when he's breaking and a complete head loss from Kasper. Disappointing. 

Onwards and upwards though - think we've got some good performances in us from now until the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The lack of quality in Chilwell and Simpson relates completely to their final product. Both are keen, energetic, always give you 100%

But to anyone who knows at least a bit about football, their weakness, ironically, lies in exactly the thing that Puel wants them to do...to be able to get forward and to deliver some sort of ball with quality. Whether it be aerially or along the ground, the expectation of an attacking full back is to get in behind and to find either on on-running attacker or an advancing midfielder. Neither can do this with anywhere near enough regularity, so that a main component of how Puel wants us to play, becomes almost redundant.

I’ve said before, if Puel stays as our manager, I expect him to rectify this, on both sides.

Spot on.

41 minutes ago, Beliall said:

unbelievable, where has our leicester gone? words cant describe how livid i am with the end of that game. **** off puel with your white flag you cheese eating surrender monkey

Twat... (sorry)

• Like 1

Solid all round performance however we are a bit toothless at times and Chelsea were bang average. 

Puel really needs to start being more proactive as his decisions are always 15 minutes too late. 

Kasper howler (again) but he's been making howlers every season since we signed him, good keeper but he's not bailing us out as much as he used to and it's clearly starting to show. 

Defence were so poor for their goals.

• Like 1