Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

Chelsea only went through thanks to our own mistakes both in an attacking and defensive sense.

We easily matched them the whole game.

Some people on here need to chill out and realise that despite losing out, we're the best team outside the top 6.  Just need to show this over the remaining games.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Bollocks. We matched them for the most part but made two mistakes and got punished. 

Is that not the story of our season? I think it is a little worrying that we keep losing to our mistakes - and on the other hand missing out when our opportunities come up. We have "f..... up the season" because of this and Puels and the players inability to iron out these errors. He is much to defensive and cautious for my liking and it seems to rub of on the players. So we have repeated these mistakes time after time and that is not ok.

10 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Yep you are right Simmo is a steady enough player but he is the square peg in a Puel round hole with his belief in overlapping and attacking fullbacks that are expected to assist. I don’t think Chelsea were up to much it was a shame we didn’t perform at 100% if we had we could have knocked  them out. 

Yep I agree, something with this system isn't working. Also noticed how often a good splitting pass is too easily dismissed for a ball across the midfield or back to Maguire/N'didi. Completely puts the breaks on any kind of urgency we want to create. 

Edited by bfox

Why keep playing Chilwell? He's been at fault for many of our struggles in games. He has poor decision-making in challenges, he gives away so many poor passes. Yes, maybe he can make some attacking left wing-back type runs occasionally, but generally he isn't up to the required standard.

Bin him or put him out on loan to give him some experience which wont cost us a game.

Edited by Parafox

3 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

Kante man of the match?? Typical pundit bias. Albrighton was immense and clear MOTM. Played for the wrong side though.  Overall thought we were the best team and just plain unlucky to not go through. Simple. Well played lads.

N'Golo was the best player on the pitch.

Thought we played alright, without really ever threatening to win it. Think you can see we are a bit more cautious these days, last 5 mins of normal time we sat back rather than exerting pressure.

Diabate should have been on earlier, even if Albrighton had a decent game, would like to have seen us attacking their backline with more pace.

Also, we wouldnt necessarily have drawn Southampton if we'd got through, so no need to be extra disappointed because of that.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

Highly frustrating and disappointing, especially in light of the semi final draw. The game was there for the taking.

We played some neat controlled football but it was all too toothless for much of the time and lacked the real urgency needed to unsettle Chelsea from a rhythm that suited their style.

Kasper's mistake was poor and cost us ultimately although I have my doubts we would have won on penalties. Puel's substitutions were too slow to happen for me. Diabate I think would have added some much needed earlier menace. Simpson, despite all his defensive effort,  cannot cross for toffee and so we lack any threat wide out on the right. Chilwell gets forward well but lacks that final confidence still to create with a killer ball.

All in all, a major missed opportunity. We should use the rest of the season now to experiment with a more attacking set up whilst developing our possession game. Will Puel do it though?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Don’t even know where to start with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but ****ing hell mate! 

Players need to take more blame, I’m sick of it not happening. 

We were cautious in the first half to try and keep it to 0-0 (a great tactic) it was just undone by Kel’s mistake.

Second half we came out flying, equalised and were undone by a Kasper mistake. 

In my opinion... god help us if we haven’t brought in a decent back up/first choice keeper next season....

Fair enough good points.

• Like 1

Unlucky.

Thought we played well on a whole, we actually attacked, went forward, gave it a go, quite refreshing under Puel at home.

We didn’t quite give it enough though, Chelsea were poor, there for the taking and we didn’t show enough urgency or intent when it mattered, silly mistakes cost us at the worst possibly times, that keeps happening and it’s got to stop, players being everywhere but where they’re supposed to be, I mentioned this the other week, especially regarding Vardy, it’s like watching him for England.

Subs took an age again aswell.

Improved certainly regarding how we play at home under Puel but must do better and far from ‘perfect’ as Puel said in his post match comments - literally the only part I understood/woke up and heard.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Can't understand the negativity. We were the better team for most of the game. We are a couple of attacking full backs away from being a very good team. Chilwell is not the answer.

Depends on how you look at it. We were only the better team because we were forced to do so. 1-0 down and only got back into the game 15 minutes before the end, thanks to a series of defensive mishaps in the Chelsea box and a deflection by Caballero.

Our initial setup is wasteful, unbalanced and unspectacular to watch. Heck, I don't need to be entertained on a weekly basis, but at least get the basics straight and avoid falling behind during what I can only describe as atrocious first halves on a regular basis. We've done it in the league under Puel many, many times and also in this season's cup competitions.

We tend to need a kick up the arse before we start playing. THAT is unforgivable and amateurish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Unlucky.

Thought we played well on a whole, we actually attacked, went forward, gave it a go, quite refreshing under Puel at home.

We didn’t quite give it enough though, Chelsea were poor, there for the taking and we didn’t show enough urgency or intent when it mattered, silly mistakes cost us at the worst possibly times, that keeps happening and it’s got to stop, players being everywhere but where they’re supposed to be, I mentioned this the other week, especially regarding Vardy, it’s like watching him for England.

Subs took an age again aswell.

Improved certainly regarding how we play at home under Puel but must do better and far from ‘perfect’ as Puel said in his post match comments - literally the only part I understood/woke up and heard.

We are over cautious though, until we go the obligatory goal down, I’d like to see us a little more attack minded from the off especially at home. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

"We would have played Southampton"

Future3.jpg

No we wouldn't. You know it would have been different if we'd qualified. Manure or Spurs.

Don't we need to hope that Chelsea win it now?

Just now, dayday said:

Felt sick leaving the game and made worse knowing we would of been playing Southampton, this was our year, 2 awful bits of defending cost us.

This shouldn't really need explaining but we would not necessarily have drawn Southampton.