Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

You've gotta be a good team to win things. We really didn't have enough to get through their solid defence and made serious errors in both both goals conceded. Chelsea weren't anything special bar NG

Wes kept Morata onside needlessly for the first and Kelechi sloppy after winning possession and pushing us forward. Chilly a complete mess for the second and Kasper going over the top of the trench at the wrong time.

It's not only disappointing that we got beat but I really want this trophy which is the kicker. Up to the lads for the rest of the season, let's kick off and play like we're still after something

2 minutes ago, YesNdidi said:

Are you having a laugh? Acting like it was an extremely poor performance just because the final score isn’t in our favour. We were definitely the better team. I mean I know this website is filled with quite a few morons but fvck me you people know how to overreact.  

This this this 

How can people say we were the better team?  Chelsea barely got out of 2nd gear and Hazard had the night off.  Despite that with a bit more clinical finishing they could have knocked 3 or 4 past us.  

How many clear cut chances did we create?

Passing it sideways for 30-40 seconds before losing it trying to lump the ball forwards does not make us the better team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just lack something when it comes to creativity. Subs should have come a lot sooner but I understand why he doesn’t want to replace Mahrez who is our only hope of creating something or Albrighton who was having a good game and his crucial when we play against the best sides. 

Overall we did alright but I never felt we’d win. 

Bar about ten minutes in the second half we were crap. We deserved to go out and it would have been an absolute travesty if we had gone through.

I'm bored of saying it all really. 7th most money spent on the squad but we are nowhere near the 7th best side in the league.

Rudkin Out. Donkeys that have had their day out. Big changes needed. Bye bye Mahrez. Fvck this dogshit season, which is all over in March. Good stuff.

Edited by ealingfox

Don’t think we should criticise Chilwell too much he tries very hard but needs more from the right foot and some confidence. Simpson had many opportunities to put in a telling cross but failed every time. I don’t think Chelsea even worried about him in the end cos he presented no danger. Kasper made.a mistake but hey he’s a keeper and they all make mistakes. Disappointed that Puel brought the cavalry on when it was too late

I thought we were unlucky not to take it to pens. Quite happy with the performance, and I don’t think Puel could of done anything different. Nobody played bad as far as I could see anyway. I was a little disappointed with chillwells contribution to the game but other than that I thought we gave a solid game. All that said, I’m gutted not to be in the next round?

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Our mistakes cost us dearly. Lost against a wobbling Chelsea side that got thumped by Barcelona and had less time to recover than we did.

And Claude - thanks for being such a negative-minded manager once again! Your substitution policy is a joke.

MOTM goes to Marc Albrighton.

Schmeichel will have nightmares of today's performance for a while to come, to let Pedro (!) head it in is a sign of very poor judgement for a goalkeeper.

Chilwell and Simpson two other players I'd like to give a stern talking to. Shaky going forward and hardly to be seen in defense. They are no wingbacks and never will be.

We were missing creative input coming through the middle AGAIN! Iborra mostly anonymous and Ndidi the only one with any goalscoring threat whatsoever.

Summer can't come quickly enough. I just hope we somehow magically improve our PL standing, it can only get better from hereon.

on a positive note - we are not in a relegation scrap. Very relaxing feeling or?