Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

28 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Some of our lot want him to fail more than they want the squad to succeed. Blasphemy. 

It doesn't matter what we want, he will fail all on his own.

121 pages ......

...and he is still here with the backing of the owners and his new 'non-event, who-are-they'  team in place.

Its time to get behind him for the start of the season just weeks away and hope we are about to witness the start of an improvement in team performance.

Clearly I'm not optimistic but if Claude has had some  language lessons that might be a start!  

I wish people would stop kidding themselves. We'll go down to Man Utd after a hard fought 2-1 defeat and people will be calling for his head.

It's a shame we can't bin fans like we've binned managers.

• Like 3

I think it's clear that we have been quietly trying to replace Puel throughout the summer and end of last season (links with Rogers, Wagner, Silva) but with no success.  So, in effect, the owners have had no choice but to back him.

From the evidence, it seems very hard to appoint a top manager!

I hope I'm wrong but I predict a mediocre season but will back the manager until we lose at home to Huddersfield. 

7 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I think it's clear that we have been quietly trying to replace Puel throughout the summer and end of last season (links with Rogers, Wagner, Silva) but with no success.

Or - to put another slant on this - it's clear that lots of rumours have been shoved out in various media with little or no substance whatsoever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

I wish people would stop kidding themselves. We'll go down to Man Utd after a hard fought 2-1 defeat and people will be calling for his head.

It's a shame we can't bin fans like we've binned managers.

Shame we can't bin fans who thrive on blind faith either.

• Like 1

As much as I want puel to be a success I just see us repeating the cycle from last season. We will get off to an indifferent start imo and will look for a new manager by mid October. We will then go on a decent run with fans hailing the new manager as a tactical genius then we will have a trademark bad run and fans will be calling for the managers head again. I hope I'm wrong. 

11 hours ago, LestaAl said:

121 pages ......

...and he is still here with the backing of the owners and his new 'non-event, who-are-they'  team in place.

Its time to get behind him for the start of the season just weeks away and hope we are about to witness the start of an improvement in team performance.

Clearly I'm not optimistic but if Claude has had some  language lessons that might be a start!  

In Portuguese?

When I see the impact LCFC players have been having for their various World Cup teams - and see so many participating - and then you factor in Mahrez who of course is not there - my only conclusion is that this club under-achieved in a major way in 17-18.  I would assume that ownership is thinking the same thing.  For that reason I think Claude's rope is still pretty short heading into the new campaign.

Just been on the LCFC site and came to post that Puel's English seemed a lot better but see that someone else already mentioned it.  I know some of you are praying for him to fail but we have to give him a chance and get behind him and I am impressed that his English has improved, it has to help with getting his point across.  I think Iborra, in addition to looking absolutely smoking, also sounds like his English has improved and a nice video highlighting Gray and Maddison's good relationship.  Iborra also noted this pre-season much better than last.  Let's do this sh1t.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

still love the irony of people who can only speak one language and most likely end up shouting 'CHIPS' and 'BEER' at foreigners in their own countries when on holiday; have the ****ing balls to call out Puel on his ability to speak English. 

try getting off your arse and undergoing the challenge of working in a high pressure job in a different country whilst learning the language. don't fancy it? didn't think so... 

Yeah, that high pressure job that pays a lot of money, maybe try a high pressure job where the moneys not so good and if you cant learn the language in a country you choose to work in, no sympathy :P

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Iborra also noted this pre-season much better than last.  

I think Suzie TF has something to do with his better frame of mind........  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

still love the irony of people who can only speak one language and most likely end up shouting 'CHIPS' and 'BEER' at foreigners in their own countries when on holiday; have the ****ing balls to call out Puel on his ability to speak English. 

try getting off your arse and undergoing the challenge of working in a high pressure job in a different country whilst learning the language. don't fancy it? didn't think so... 

Well, what do we have here...? Comparing apples to oranges, by pitting a well-paid, highly international job that depends on proper communication skills against a regular one-week vacation where most people spend their time at the pool or in the bathroom. 

And it‘s not as if Puel hasn‘t had more than a year to prep up, looking at his time at Southampton and the high-pressure jobless period leading up to last fall...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

He seems to have mastered the words quality and intensity.... 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1