Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

To give Puel credit, where credit is due, from what I seen this pre-season he  ‘appears’ to have banned aimless hoofing from the keeper and out of the defensive back line.  In the last Friendly even Wes seems to have gotten the message.  It will interesting to see if this continues over the next weeks.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

You are vehemently anti Puel but have little to offer as to why. What is your major qualm with him?

Big Sam please...non of this walking the ball in...#puelmustgo..! #waterloo

Edited by The Wizard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, KJT said:

All those anti Puel, I ask you who would rather have?

Cos no body exciting was interested in the job except the usual suspects - Pardews, Coleman's etc

As if curbs wasn't linked.

On 22/07/2018 at 20:56, foxinsocks said:

When things don't go well i don't expect a manager to highlight every short coming.... however i do like it when they say they're dissapointed and will assure the fans tjat the team will work their socks off to sort it out.

Matty james was great... really honest in his interviews during the great escape season (before the escape).  While pearsons wariness of the press often made me think we'd watched different games... in fact his assessments improved once he sat in the stand and could see problems unfolding.  

I find puels flannel  (intensity etc) insulting. .. ok i don't expect him to drop his pants. . But acknowledging there is work to do would show he is not in denial

I mean, surely the fact that the Pearson interviews weren't great immediately before the results went ballistic kinda makes you less worried about Puel? At least the interview bits? No??

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

It's not as if Allardyce's football is much or indeed any worse than Puel's though is it?

fat Sam's football at Bolton was great. never had the time anywhere else just been saving a sinking ship then moved on. signed some great creative players in his time.  you have too give managers 3 years at least . then you will see his team players moved in and out . nigel got that and built a whole ethos . puel should get the same and it think our owners know that better than anyone . that's why Nigel has been given a job twice when sacked they needed to help him learn.  . they don't  hold grudges they make decisions and move forward. and they are smart enough too make the decisions based on experiences . when they get things wrong the realize it and move forward with the experience  . amazing where we have come from and where  we are going with these owners .  just need a steady start too grow in confidence . and the fans too back the team and manager. oh and city 8-1 too beat utd first game .:whistle:

1 minute ago, waylander said:

fat Sam's football at Bolton was great. never had the time anywhere else just been saving a sinking ship then moved on. signed some great creative players in his time.  you have too give managers 3 years at least . then you will see his team players moved in and out . nigel got that and built a whole ethos . puel should get the same and it think our owners know that better than anyone . that's why Nigel has been given a job twice when sacked they needed to help him learn.  . they don't  hold grudges they make decisions and move forward. and they are smart enough too make the decisions based on experiences . when they get things wrong the realize it and move forward with the experience  . amazing where we have come from and where  we are going with these owners .  just need a steady start too grow in confidence . and the fans too back the team and manager. oh and city 8-1 too beat utd first game .:whistle:

Sam was at west ham for 4 years and played some of the most dire football i have seen, but i agree Puel should be given more time to build his squad, Pep could spend 50m on two players in his first season, one of Klopp's first signings were 35m, one of Mourinho's at united was Pogba for 89m, even West Ham are spending 50m on Felipe Andersen, Puel doesnt have that kind of money to spend, so we have to give Puel time

2 hours ago, Choppalcfc said:

Sam was at west ham for 4 years and played some of the most dire football i have seen, but i agree Puel should be given more time to build his squad, Pep could spend 50m on two players in his first season, one of Klopp's first signings were 35m, one of Mourinho's at united was Pogba for 89m, even West Ham are spending 50m on Felipe Andersen, Puel doesnt have that kind of money to spend, so we have to give Puel time

He got them promoted and established them in the premier league again . not bad in four years and in the last few month's the team was starting to play some great football . signed some really good technical players too. valencia, amalfitano,zarate,downing,vaz te, morrison,bentlley .so was still work in progress but the west ham fans were protesting .they  think they are a big club like some of our fans do  hence left by mutual agreement. but if this doesnt work out for them they might look back and see sam started there recent rise like nigel did here. mind you still don,t like the dodgy git. and will settle for top ten improving football. but have had a silly bet on top 4 and 6 and to beat utd . i,m forever the eternal optimist even in the darkest hour,s . be miserable of course but do it with a bloody big grin. 

• Like 1

My thing with big Sam is that he doesnt play very good football in my opinion but always gets results, he should of been given more time i agree, and what you're are saying there is correct, West Ham fans do think theyre a big club in the same way some of our fans do, the fact of the matter being patient is the most important thing, the best team to look at is Spurs imo, they stayed midtable for years, then they brought Redknapp in (who was a decent manager at the time), they bought very smartly, by bringing in the likes of a young bale, modric, on top of that t the likes of kyle walker and danny rose through the youth academy, the started progressing year after year and ended up finishing 4th twice in that amount of time, then eventually Redknapp went, they then bought well again with Lloris and Vertonghen, but they also sold Modric for 30m and then sold Bale for 90m a season and bought Eriksen on the cheap, they free'd up space for young talent and bought well, developed there young talent, got a great manager like Pochettino, signed Dele Alli for 5 f*kin million, Alderweireld for 11m, gave Harry Kane a chance to be there starting striker and look at them now, there fans were patient, they bought well and didnt waste money, and now they're one of the best teams in the league, but these deluded fans who think we are a top 6 team ruin it by poisoning peoples minds into think the opposite way, that we should be an instant success when football doesnt work like that.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I mean, surely the fact that the Pearson interviews weren't great immediately before the results went ballistic kinda makes you less worried about Puel? At least the interview bits? No??

The interviews of any manager dont reflect what they are saying to or doing with the players. .. so i dont think you can link it with future performance  any more that the colour of his pants.

What the interview can do is send a hopeful message to fans to engender thir support and positivity.... the extra player

1 hour ago, Choppalcfc said:

My thing with big Sam is that he doesnt play very good football in my opinion but always gets results, he should of been given more time i agree, and what you're are saying there is correct, West Ham fans do think theyre a big club in the same way some of our fans do, the fact of the matter being patient is the most important thing, the best team to look at is Spurs imo, they stayed midtable for years, then they brought Redknapp in (who was a decent manager at the time), they bought very smartly, by bringing in the likes of a young bale, modric, on top of that t the likes of kyle walker and danny rose through the youth academy, the started progressing year after year and ended up finishing 4th twice in that amount of time, then eventually Redknapp went, they then bought well again with Lloris and Vertonghen, but they also sold Modric for 30m and then sold Bale for 90m a season and bought Eriksen on the cheap, they free'd up space for young talent and bought well, developed there young talent, got a great manager like Pochettino, signed Dele Alli for 5 f*kin million, Alderweireld for 11m, gave Harry Kane a chance to be there starting striker and look at them now, there fans were patient, they bought well and didnt waste money, and now they're one of the best teams in the league, but these deluded fans who think we are a top 6 team ruin it by poisoning peoples minds into think the opposite way, that we should be an instant success when football doesnt work like that.   

Top post oh for more sensible and realistic fans . Enjoy the journey whatever it brings. The bad helps us appreciate the good things all the more . The only thing that is constant is change and Puel likes to change things. So sit back and watch the thorn bush grow into a rose bush and smile ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waylander said:

Top post oh for more sensible and realistic fans . Enjoy the journey whatever it brings. The bad helps us appreciate the good things all the more . The only thing that is constant is change and Puel likes to change things. So sit back and watch the thorn bush grow into a rose bush and smile ??

Very keen on the bush analogy but am unsure if his style of football will create the chances we need to win games. Hopefully we’ll see something different this season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

For Puel, the proof will be in the pudding or eating so to speak, basically, win and win well or follow in the footsteps of Shakey.

I'm not convinced but we will see soon enough.

Is that criteria not the same for every manager in all leagues?

58 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Is that criteria not the same for every manager in all leagues?

Sure but the way this thread is going you either are supposed to love or hate him and it is all a bit silly to be honest.

6 hours ago, waylander said:

i know mate, i will be here no matter what, born here, raised here i just love this club