Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

lol Fair enough comment. Pretty balanced given you added the caveat about his coaching ability & tactical awareness. The jury is still out on that but your post does indicate you're prepared to give him a chance which many aren't. Personally, I'm right behind him but he most definitely has a lot of things to prove this season.

As for his interviews, I'm of a mind that if we learn nothing, the upcoming opposition learns nothing too. I don't even watch his interviews myself.

I do take your point about a bad patch though but you can go through a good patch and 50% of Foxestalk is on your back anyway.

Pearson was unquestionably a different animal (you choose the operative word in that sentence). No doubt he cared and it was written all over his face but that doesn't mean to me that Puel cares less. Pearson was great for the club, I just hope (as I'm sure most do) that Puel turns out to be good too.

You're totally right but people make their mind up through their sub conscious analysing a person without even thinking .

This is why the politicians are so big on their body language. I remember Cameron rolling his sleeves up when he went to visit workers in a supermarket to show the country he's a grafter, the various presidents and prime ministers battling to get their hand on the camera side to show strength or to be the last one to go through the door, patting the other on the back as they walk through first. This is all before they've said a word! Don't get me started on the recent Trump Kim meeting, it was Christmas come early for Trump as Kim hadn't obviously researched any of this stuff, it was like a teacher bossing a kid about at school... 

With the best will in the world, Puel will struggle to make us believe he cares in interview. 

Saying that, I love his touchline body language, he turns into a different person. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

You're totally right but people make their mind up through their sub conscious analysing a person without even thinking .

This is why the politicians are so big on their body language. I remember Cameron rolling his sleeves up when he went to visit workers in a supermarket to show the country he's a grafter, the various presidents and prime ministers battling to get their hand on the camera side to show strength or to be the last one to go through the door, patting the other on the back as they walk through first. This is all before they've said a word! Don't get me started on the recent Trump Kim meeting, it was Christmas come early for Trump as Kim hadn't obviously researched any of this stuff, it was like a teacher bossing a kid about at school... 

With the best will in the world, Puel will struggle to make us believe he cares in interview. 

Saying that, I love his touchline body language, he turns into a different person. 

Granted.

The highlighted part of your post is the key for me.

I'd rather have an undemonstrative Puel in interviews than a David Cameron style twat who rolls up his sleeves in an interview and then fvcks off and leaves his job at the first sign of hard work.

More seriously though, I do get your point about perception and body language, I'm just not so sure the importance people place on it constitutes certain failure of an individual in a role if they're seen to be lacking in that department. Undoubtedly it's a plus to look like you care, show outward confidence and look like you know what you're doing but I've worked with a few people who've done that and proceeded to be absolutely useless, workshy muppets. Ultimately I suppose, it's results that matter as it always is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm not a big fan. I think he should've been fired towards the end of the season or at least after the final game.

However, I sincerely hope he's brilliant and the team are brilliant this season and I'll be thrilled to bits because I support the team first and foremost.

There'll be no "I told you so" from me if it goes to shiit and equally there'll be no apology if he wins us the league.

That's because there's no need for either.

Exactly Geoff - I have no issue whatsoever with people not being a fan, or disagreeing, it is the mindset, the attitude, the repeated anger, the monotony of some that tires me (and it would appear others). And the absolute certainty that when the evidence piles up, those same people go missing, or fail to learn from it.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What about if Puel is a failure. Will you come back on here & admit you were wrong about him? Or will you pass the buck onto the players & owners?

No....!! Because its simply the principal..I must admit I support blindly..I will criticise /plaudit after the event,and

Not post just to get Browny points,and try to Prove what a great pundit,I am.

They all start with a clean slate,I will sit back and enjoy,or look back in Interpretation for the future progress.

Starting on the negative,just seems weird to me. Looking to possible positives,is far More exciting ANd

exhuberating,than kicking off aS a right hourable  grumpy...It doesnt make me better than others,

I prefer to be an happy clapper,than a misery guts

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

It’s amazing how much sections of our fanbase seem to actually despise Puel on a personal level. Bewildering. 

I have little feeling for Puel, one way or the other. I hope he does well cos I want us to do well. So I’m prepared to wait and watch.

But one thing is true. When I hear him interviewed he bores me to fookin tears. I guess he must be able to, but I find it difficult to imagine him motivating players particularly.

• Like 1

Puel has probably got the hardest job as a Leicester manager since I started supporting City. That includes McGhee when he took over from Little, Bassett when he took over from Taylor and is probably on par with Micky Adams first season. 

The side for the first time since Pearson in 2012/2013 needs to evolve. We’ve had a consistent squad since then for a few years. This is understandable but with the unprecedented success City achieved, it makes this evolution harder than any other in our history. 

We we have a lot of anomalies going into this season. Guys like Diabate, Kelechi, Silva, Perreira Chilwell, Chowdhury and Barnes are all players who in patches (albeit one of them at another club) shown moments of brilliance. The question is after a pre-season implementing Puel’s style how they respond. If they find that consistency, we could be in for a really good season - it’s a big IF. 

To add to that Gray is probably embarking on the biggest season of his career. No more patches of good form, he has had the bedding in time and needs to show it consistently. If Ndidi and Maguire progress how they have been, we’ve got some real gems there. Maddison could be a very important player too.

Last seasons collapse was not acceptable. However, the last we collapsed like that, it definitely made the squad stronger. If Puel gets these players to have a good pre-season and gets them to buy into his philosophy, we should be on our way. 

He needs the time time and I think he will get it. Changing a squad and style takes time. If it works, we could be in for another great 5/6 years.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have little feeling for Puel, one way or the other. I hope he does well cos I want us to do well. So I’m prepared to wait and watch.

But one thing is true. When I hear him interviewed he bores me to fookin tears. I guess he must be able to, but I find it difficult to imagine him motivating players particularly.

Was exactly the same with Claudio - his English wasn't great. His interviews got very annoying in the 16/17 season where he's just spout rubbish every week about 'fighting' & 'concentration' only for us to be rubbish the week after. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

It’s amazing how much sections of our fanbase seem to actually despise Puel on a personal level. Bewildering. 

There is nothing likeable about him. Crap manager, boring personality, boring football, ugly face, boring interviews. I used to watch every interview of Nige, Ranieri and Shakey. Before then I’d listen to Sven, Sousa, even wankers like Holloway and Mad Dog on the radio. I leave the room when I see or hear this cvnt. Can’t stand the bloke.

10 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Was exactly the same with Claudio - his English wasn't great. His interviews got very annoying in the 16/17 season where he's just spout rubbish every week about 'fighting' & 'concentration' only for us to be rubbish the week after. 

At least Claudio was a laugh. Footballs supposed to be a laugh. The only thing funny about Puel is how tragic a manager he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I’m amazed so many people give a flying one about a manager’s post match interviews 

Especially when dealing with ridiculous questions that reporters ask post match. I'm not all together sure what people expect.

If he explains at great length what he's trying to achieve and 'outs' himself as a tactical genius with a full and frank discussion on the teams performance, that just gives a heads up to every club we subsequently play.

I understand other arguments against him to a certain degree but this one just leaves me baffled.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

There is nothing likeable about him. Crap manager, boring personality, boring football, ugly face, boring interviews. I used to watch every interview of Nige, Ranieri and Shakey. Before then I’d listen to Sven, Sousa, even wankers like Holloway and Mad Dog on the radio. I leave the room when I see or hear this cvnt. Can’t stand the bloke.

Would love to see an interview with you...

11 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

At least Claudio was a laugh. Footballs supposed to be a laugh. The only thing funny about Puel is how tragic a manager he is.

Football is about winning, not 'having a laugh'. Players don't get paid tens of thousands of pounds to 'have a laugh' and neither do the fans pay their hard earned money to watch a jolly up on a Saturday. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You're lying to yourself now 

Every manager interview is boring as ****. Didnt even watch Ranieri's during the title win because its all the same media dribble unless you have a nutter in charge.

Think people just dont like puel cus hes french

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

At least I’m good looking.

According to my Mrs, Beckham was good looking. Wouldn't want to listen to him being interviewed or let him manage the club though.

It's quite clear you don't like anything about Puel and you will eventually get your wish, it's just a matter of when I suppose.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

The only post match interviews I particularly cared about were Pearson's.

Walked past Puel earlier on Market street 

Even Pearson was boring until he lost the plot. Everyone used to moan about how monotone he was and you could tell he didnt want to be there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Even Pearson was boring until he lost the plot. Everyone used to moan about how monotone he was and you could tell he didnt want to be there.

Let's face it. How many of the more talkative managers make sense anyway? Klopp, possibly. Poch, possibly, but that has to be balanced out with the utter shite Jose goes on about post match. Add to Mourinho the likes of Pardew, Dyche and, from the past, Redknapp. Most managers who talk a lot speak utter drivel.

I just find it incomprehensible that this is used as a stick to beat Puel.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 4

Every manager & players interview is a template. Their vocabulary consist of about 15 words that they recycle every week. 

Reminds me a lot of the Key & Peele skit. 

"100%, execute, game plan"

46 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Would you say the same if he won a up this year or got us into Europe