Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Ricardo Pereira

If the whispers a deal for Pereira coming in are true, then I think that signals the club's intent to stick with Puel. I'm confident if he can bring players in that suit his system then we will begin to move forwards again. From what I've heard in the media Pereira seems like a good start to that sort of recruitment, as well as being a bit of a coup for us, in a position that we need to shuffle up most readily to play Puel's football.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

If the whispers a deal for Pereira coming in are true, then I think that signals the club's intent to stick with Puel. I'm confident if he can bring players in that suit his system then we will begin to move forwards again. From what I've heard in the media Pereira seems like a good start to that sort of recruitment, as well as being a bit of a coup for us, in a position that we need to shuffle up most readily to play Puel's football.

We can only hope to get him in early doors; get him time to settle, even if hes at the WC, him and Silva would know each other from the squad

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

£25m for a full-back ??

Blimey, what have we become :rolleyes:

The sort of player we should be after. He will come in and be a fantastic upgrade on the player we already have in that position whose skill set is what Puel wants in that role. 

At 24 there is a good chance we make a profit on the player as well. I'm all for following the Dortmund model by buying the best youngish players you can and end up probably selling them on for a profit 2-3 years down the line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I've not seen him play myself but he does tick a hell of a lot of boxes.

1) Played under Puel at Nice so he knows what he's buying.

2) Rated 10th best right back in the world by 442 magazine.

3) Previously linked with Tottenham and Juventus which although pretty meaningless it can only be a positive.

I like to look at a player I know little of Futhead card just to get an idea of their perceived strengths and weaknesses and according to that he's Jamie Vardy quick, with very good stamina and can defend and attack well. https://www.futhead.com/18/players/48877/ricardo-pereira/

Either you buy young and developing players or better than what you have and looks better than what we have and fits the style Puel wants. It's something we've failed to do often enough since we won the title.

We've spent £115m on the below and none of these are a definite upgrade on what we have which is criminal:

Mendy 

Musa

Slimani

Iheanacho

Silva

Iborra

I disagree, Iborra and Silva are definitely an upgrade on James and King.

Iheanacho has shown his goalscoring qualities and could work well behind Vardy in an Okazaki role or in a 4-4-2, provided we finally see some support from central midfield starting next season.

The longer I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that Slimani and Musa were a sort of panic buys and should be offloaded at a reasonable price asap. In the case of Mendy, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because he's still only 25 years old (26 in the summer) and he and Puel know each other from their OGC Nice days, so who knows? Maybe he could come good in 2018/2019.

However, I concur with the notion that we've had an unbelievably naïve scattergun approach to transfers ever since our PL title. There's little reason, no system, no strategy behind it when seen from the outside. Having three different managers in three years doesn't help, either.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I disagree, Iborra and Silva are definitely an upgrade on James and King.

Iheanacho has shown his goalscoring qualities and could work well behind Vardy in an Okazaki role or in a 4-4-2, provided we finally see some support from central midfield starting next season.

The longer I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that Slimani and Musa were a sort of panic buys and should be offloaded at a reasonable price asap. In the case of Mendy, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because he's still only 25 years old (26 in the summer) and he and Puel know each other from their OGC Nice days, so who knows? Maybe he could come good in 2018/2019.

However, I concur with the notion that we've had an unbelievably naïve scattergun approach to transfers ever since our PL title. There's little reason, no system, no strategy behind it when seen from the outside. Having three different managers in three years doesn't help, either.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. 

My point is especially about the Iborra/Silva point is that none of the players on my list that cost around £115m are certain starters for us. I would have liked us to sign players who start every week without thinking like Schmeichel, Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy. Iborra and Silva have both ended up being a much of a muchness so far. I'm sure we'd all trade them both in for a player who makes that CM midfield place his own alongside Ndidi and supplement those two with the likes of James, King, Choudhury, Amartey, etc.

Pereira on paper at least looks like he would slot in here and immediately become one of the best players in the team which our big buys have failed to do much too often in recent years. 

We're playing poor atm but Puel is playing the system he wants without the main transfer window to implement what he wants.  For example he wants flying full backs kyle walker style but laughably we still only have Danny simpson. This period reminds me of the time pearson came back and struggled for months with what he was given! and look what happened next.  This short mindedness of fans after poor performances is ridiculous and we need to stick by dull puel.  Maybe he's the french version of dull pearson.  Can only find out by giving him a chance

• Like 4

Shopping list 

Gk from ukrane weve been linked with

pereira

drago

ben arfa 

elynoussi

shaqiri

new GK coach

new set piece coach 

new defensive,midfield and attacking coaches that are well versed in possetion football.

Edited by Fightforever

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Him a centre back and a left back would be a great start.

Him, a centre back, a centre midfielder and a number 10 would be a great start.

9 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Shopping list 

Gk from ukrane weve been linked with

pereira

drago

ben arfa 

elynoussi

shaqiri 

Plus a defensive coach.  Maybe a new Goal-keeping coach?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Just imagine how good mahrez could of been with quality attacking full next to him.

We will never no!

You could kind of see it with Amartey, he provided Mahrez with so much room with his runs down the wing

10 hours ago, les-tah said:

Just imagine how good mahrez could of been with quality attacking full next to him.

We will never no!

And just think how bad we would be defensively on the right... also considering Morgan plays on the right side of defence... lol

• Like 1