Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Watford play Fulham and Wolves play United on Tuesday. It'll probably look like this then:

46 - Watford 

44 - Wolves

44 - Leicester

43 - Everton

But looking at the fixtures - Huddesfield, Newcastle and West Ham - we could be seventh by the end of the month with some good performances.

Wolves and Watford's semi final should help us vis-a-vis them too.

Then it'll be crunch time against Arsenal, and Man City and Chelsea.

Brendan hasn't played any of the big teams yet - time for a new tactic or keep with a hopefully winning formula?

Wolves' goal difference is only one better than ours, and we've scored more. So even a 1-0 defeat for Wolves will see us go above them.

Bournemouth are such a streaky team. Gabby Logan was right that yesterday personified Bournemouth's entire existence in the PL. Win 1 in 8 followed by 5 wins in 6. 

4 years in the PL for Bournemouth and I still have mixed feelings about Eddie Howe. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Bournemouth are such a streaky team. Gabby Logan was right that yesterday personified Bournemouth's entire existence in the PL. Win 1 in 8 followed by 5 wins in 6. 

4 years in the PL for Bournemouth and I still have mixed feelings about Eddie Howe. 

Their away form is disgustingly bad. 

Edited by StanSP

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't think he'll go much higher than Bournemouth. Won't get a top six club- ourselves, Everton, West Ham are probably the level he'd go to.

I don't think he has the defensive set-up required for a top six team- look at their defensive record compared to the teams below them, although his attacking style would be attractive.

9 hours ago, surrifox said:

So Huddersfield have nothing to worry about next week , just playing for pride . Let’s hope we don’t get a backlash 

Well we're a team challenging for 7th and they have 17 points from the entire season. I can't believe that playing for pride or playing without pressure is going to make them a level or two better players. If we don't beat them it will rate as bad as any Puel match.

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Sounds familiar. At least you ain't bitter lol

I'm sure I looked at the stats after about 70 mins and you'd had 1 shot on target. You were hardly on top 

It was 2. Didn't count one which was blocked for some reason. 

And yeah we didn't create anything really clear cut, but were well on top. 

Tarkowski was the MOTM. Seemed to be in front of everything, a bit like Ake when we played Bournemouth. 

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It was 2. Didn't count one which was blocked for some reason. 

And yeah we didn't create anything really clear cut, but were well on top. 

Tarkowski was the MOTM. Seemed to be in front of everything, a bit like Ake when we played Bournemouth. 

Sounds familiar. Wonder how much his 20 million fee will have gone up... 

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Watford play Fulham and Wolves play United on Tuesday. It'll probably look like this then:

46 - Watford 

44 - Wolves

44 - Leicester

43 - Everton

But looking at the fixtures - Huddesfield, Newcastle and West Ham - we could be seventh by the end of the month with some good performances.

Wolves and Watford's semi final should help us vis-a-vis them too.

Then it'll be crunch time against Arsenal, and Man City and Chelsea.

Brendan hasn't played any of the big teams yet - time for a new tactic or keep with a hopefully winning formula?

I think we'd probably need 56 points to get 7th, so that's 4 wins from the last 6. Not impossible, but definitely a tough task especially as'd probably have to beat West Ham away as they are in the mix for 7th too. Arsenal and Chelsea are well beatable IMO, if we put in a good performance.

I don't think we will get 7th, but will be quite close. Next season there are no excuses though, given how strong the team and squad look right now.

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think we will get 7th, but will be quite close. Next season there are no excuses though, given how strong the team and squad look right now.

I'd say not keeping hold of Tielemans would be a reasonable excuse not to expect 7th.

I'd be happy with top half and actually getting to the bloody semis of a cup competition next year, they're like our kryptonite.

• Like 1

I'm looking at Chelsea's bench today and wondering how many of them don't just walk into our starting lineup, then I trealise just how bad Sarri and that team are doing when I seriously believe we can beat them in our last meeting of the season.

Just now, FIF said:

I'm looking at Chelsea's bench today and wondering how many of them don't just walk into our starting lineup, then I trealise just how bad Sarri and that team are doing when I seriously believe we can beat them in our last meeting of the season.

We'll probably cane 'em 3-0 on if yesterday's performance is anything to go by!!

57 minutes ago, FIF said:

Kante & Hazard on the bench ... Two of the best players in the world ... What a luxury that is 

Chelsea are total crap today.  Pawson is doing more to keep them in it than their players.

This is winding up some of the Burnley support over on the Bee Hole End  :cool:

Cardiff should have a penalty, why do refs don't give the smaller teams a penalty when they are up against a top 6 club. Do the refs feel sorry for the top clubs when they are losing and want to give them a chance to get them back in the game.