Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Vardy got flagged for offside yesterday when he did the same except he had 4 or 5 defenders behind him was nearer to the halfway line than the goal and was running towards his win half.

The offside law is crazy there was no way he was gaining any advantage by having been off side just prior to the incident.

But then if the can’t be consistent what’s the point of having such a complex law..

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Vardy got flagged for offside yesterday when he did the same except he had 4 or 5 defenders behind him was nearer to the halfway line than the goal and was running towards his win half.

The offside law is crazy there was no way he was gaining any advantage by having been off side just prior to the incident.

But then if the can’t be consistent what’s the point of having such a complex law..

If the defender leaves him offside behind him then he can’t be seen as the ball is played back into their area of play .......so vardy does have an advantage as he nips back infront to beat the defender to the ball 

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Can't remember the last time a refereeing performance in a non-LCFC match boiled my piss quite like this.

Chelsea deserve nothing from this.

I feel exactly the same... im disgusted now... its just so unfair... i really am lost for words. 

• Like 1

Cardiff robbed and cheated from very poor Ref and linesman descisions...and here VARS would have helped,and the high % of reason,why it should be introduced....The normal,average, poor missed decisions in the everyday PL norm.

This poor Game management from officials,may have sent Cardiff down...the officials just couldn't get the easiest of decisions right...even when you say 98%

Of the game they had a good game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I dare the post-match interviewer to suggest to Warnock that "you win some, you lose some" 

Didn't Cardiff get a clear offside winner earlier in the season? Brighton I think?

Today's was a bad decision, I know.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If the defender leaves him offside behind him then he can’t be seen as the ball is played back into their area of play .......so vardy does have an advantage as he nips back infront to beat the defender to the ball 

But not because he was technically off side. The offside rule is there to stop goal hanging the current interpretation just stops play unnecessarily.

Guest seanfox778

He should be able to call them out post match without punishment. He'll be speaking the truth. You can't say a bad word about "the officials" or you'll be in trouble. Very weird rule.