Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Fans already in the stadium, two and a half hours before kick-off. I wonder if they'll have Peters and Lee on a loop for 20 minutes like we did?

One of the more cringeworthy visits to a match listening to Welcome Home blaring out at the first match at what was then the Walkers Stadium in 2002...

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Stadium does look brilliant, lets be fair.

....still want Jeff to score first goal...

Shame that the club forgets that there's residents there who are likely to be affected by it (such as extra traffic issues etc), alongside some small business owners that could be likely to struggle to trade.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

United yesterday didn't have a system, they didn't have anything. It was probably the worst starting eleven I've ever seen them put out. 

Even Puel was never that negative. It had three defensive midfielders, two right backs, then Lingard floating about in a free role and Lukaku up top. 

And Tielemans has looked noticeably better than Pogba since he's been here. He works harder defensively, his passing and decision making are exceptional, his vision is world class. 

Pogba is paradoxically one of the most over rated and under rated players in Europe. His critics are far too harsh and his fans (and agent) are delusional.

He's got amazing technique. Technical aspects of the game that require good control of the ball he's fabulous at, in particular his long range shooting and passing are frankly majestic and his touch and dribbling for a big guy are nuts. Coupled with his obvious physical power and he can be formidable. 

But his brain is a piece of shit. His vision and awareness in and around himself isn't a patch on Tielemans, neither is his ability to make the right decision at the right time. Tielemans has the same range of passing but makes better use of it. 

He also works a lot harder in attack and defence to get involved in the game. I'd have him in my team ahead of Pogba on current form. 

Every now and again Pogba gets an injection of effort and absolute dominates a match in a way Tielemans probably never will. He'll smash in a few worldies, shrug off the opposition midfielders and completely own the middle of the park. But he'll do it for two or three games then vanish for ten or twelve. That's not just a blip under Mourinho, either, he's been doing it his whole career. 

People mocked United for letting him go but Ferguson knew a bad egg when he saw one, he was very rarely wrong when he judged a character. The real embarrassment was that they paid what they did to bring him back. 

He's a decent top 6 player with a world class publicist and agent and a really marketable image. There's plenty better centre mids just at Tottenham let alone the whole Prem where as Tielemans is, frankly, too good for us and will be up there with them if he keeps his current form consistent. 

Edit. My autocorrect really doesn't like the extra e in Tielemans. 

You're twisting the truth here deliberately, Ferguson has said several times that he wanted to keep Pogba but the only reason he left was purely down to raiola, who I'm sure he labelled after some kind of profanity