Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you don't think Eriksen is a better player than Pogba then we're done. I'm sorry but that's just bonkers. 

Turn FIFA off and watch some actual sport mate. 

The problem is that it's true. His performances in France and Juventus back up what I am saying.

I've spent years disliking Neil Warnock but I think I've warmed to him a bit this season. Partly because he reminds me of an older, more irate Pearson with the mutual respect he has with his players and the visible disdain he has for certain sections of the media and partly because of his very dignified response to the Sala tragedy.

He's absolutely spot on about everyone's favourite 'expert', Chris Sutton. 

https://www.football365.com/news/warnock-big-mouth-sutton-thrives-on-social-media-hits

Edited by Danizen

18 hours ago, MattP said:

United giving Ole the job on the basis of a caretaking honeymoon period/being an ex player was a worse decision than giving a new deal to Mourinho last season.

Poor manager and will get totally found out at that level.

Agreed. We made the same mistake with Shakespeare. Gave him the job after a successful honeymoon period. Ole is a poor manager and will likely be sacked by December. 

Fulham's season must be a contender for the worst ever in the Premier League. Derby's 11 point effort was slightly mitigated by the fact they could only attract has-beens and washed-up mediocrities like Savage and Danny Mills but Fulham spent over £100 million and got in some decent players like Mitrovic, Schurrle, Seri, Bryan only to manage half a point per game. If they lose their last two away they'll have managed two points in 19 away games which is worse than that Derby team.

Are they really that bad?

• Like 4

Just now, Corky said:

Fulham's season must be a contender for the worst ever in the Premier League. Derby's 11 point effort was slightly mitigated by the fact they could only attract has-beens and washed-up mediocrities like Savage and Danny Mills but Fulham spent over £100 million and got in some decent players like Mitrovic, Schurrle, Seri, Bryan only to manage half a point per game. If they lose their last two away they'll have managed two points in 19 away games which is worse than that Derby team.

Are they really that bad?

I think Mitrovic and Schurrle are on loan so don't count in that £100m. Seri aside I'm actually at a loss as to who they've bought as a lot of the players who've been playing recently seem to be on loan.

I like European football a lot and follow it fairly well but who the f uck is André Zambo Anguissa and why did Fulham spend £22m on him? Mental that on the back of a title winning campaign and our coffers swelled with the Champions league money our transfer record is only £5m more than some Netto brand Kante Fulham bought

Edited by Stadt

57 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I think Mitrovic and Schurrle are on loan so don't count in that £100m. Seri aside I'm actually at a loss as to who they've bought as a lot of the players who've been playing recently seem to be on loan.

Mitrovic isn't on loan.

OFFICIAL* COMMEMORATIVE POST in honor of today’s first PL match at New White Hart Lane  (aka No Wins Happening Lately)

NWHLDare.JPG.e098b3f5379c6176f97143cb42a6bc75.JPG

Was anybody else disappointed to see Spurs emblazon their dated (and inaccurate) TO DARE IS TO DO motto on the new ground?  Clearly someone could improve on that, and who better than their own fans. 

I only had to read a few pages of the latest post-match thread on the Fighting Cock to find a solid dozen upgrades. 

After eliminating several which might not work on a stadium facade (THE FOOTBALLING GODS HATE SPUDS, GOD WE ARE BANTER, IF WE WERE A COUNTRY WE’D BE SWEDEN, etc.) I decided THFC should pick from these finalists and change that sign ASAP.

Let me know if you have a better one ... and congratulations in advance to Jeff Schlupp for recording the first league goal at the magnificent new edifice.

motto1.JPG.2b001f0491286c9ac8938bc7dba30180.JPG

motto2.JPG.81544acd3025c9c3dd230cae56abb847.JPG

motto3.JPG.b6ace48ac4b1f84c9034464df588fac4.JPG

motto4.JPG.587f0e40f9fdb9c95bcd8c1f26a69db2.JPG

motto5.JPG.961e4eafa39a6eac372c1b423d35dec8.JPG

motto6.JPG.01e32bb65bffc2c77cbbe895ef589507.JPG

motto7.JPG.8e334ef24e27722e45cdd57a57b5b769.JPG

*  this is a lie

• Haha 2

This obsession with Spurs is really weird.

As if we (as fans) wouldn't act the same about a brand-spanking new stadium with all the crazy modern technology and having shit loads of money spent on it lol.

Having said that, it's tiresome constantly hearing about it in the media. Hopefully after tonight it dies down a bit.

(yes it will provide much amusement if they lost there tonight after all the fuss and time it's taken to build it!).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This obsession with Spurs is really weird.

As if we (as fans) wouldn't act the same about a brand-spanking new stadium with all the crazy modern technology and having shit loads of money spent on it lol.

Having said that, it's tiresome constantly hearing about it in the media. Hopefully after tonight it dies down a bit.

(yes it will provide much amusement if they lost there tonight after all the fuss and time it's taken to build it!).

Nah, they'll lose against Palace and we're good for 50  years of banter.

Edited by That_Dude