Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Not sure why Man City fans are scapegoating Mahrez. Did they forget John Stones first season? Man was a total disaster. Awful positional sense, lost possession easily, couldn't defend etc. A full season under Pep and he improved ten fold.

Watch Mahrez improve drastically next season. 

Bernardo Silva hardly got any game time last season and he’s one of their most picked starters this season. Some players need more time to fit in something we should think about at LCFC.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Both champions league and prem related. But this guy is very right.

Southgate to resurrect Vardy's England Career!!!  After Harry.K suffers CL & Euro blow...s

I am tellin'   ya'all

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What's your thoughts on this? For me it should be equal punishment for both, if any at all. It's an in game incident, if anything Kane is more at fault for the reaction. 

But obviously BT can't go against "King Kane"

Equal punishment lol

I know everyone on here loves to hate Kane but an elbow to the back of the head is not the same as the reaction that Kane gave. That isn't about BT Sport going or not against Kane, it's just common sense that Fernandinho's actions are worse. 

Fernandinho should have seen red just as much as Salah should have in the other game. The fact both weren't reviewed by VAR and then subsequently players given reds is quite surprising. 

20 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Both champions league and prem related. But this guy is very right.

You can see why Puel was always wary with Vardy's injury about playing him too much or rushing him back. It is a fine line.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Equal punishment lol

I know everyone on here loves to hate Kane but an elbow to the back of the head is not the same as the reaction that Kane gave. That isn't about BT Sport going or not against Kane, it's just common sense that Fernandinho's actions are worse. 

Fernandinho should have seen red just as much as Salah should have in the other game. The fact both weren't reviewed by VAR and then subsequently players given reds is quite surprising. 

The action you find worse doesn’t change the face both could have and probably should have walked 

10 hours ago, davieG said:

Bernardo Silva hardly got any game time last season and he’s one of their most picked starters this season. Some players need more time to fit in something we should think about at LCFC.

davieG you got that so wrong. 

If a player can't settle in five minutes he's crap and never will. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

davieG you got that so wrong. 

If a player can't settle in five minutes he's crap and never will. 

You might mock the FT reactionary nature but it seems that it's true.  I think that Vardy is the only exception to this and he climbed a mountain in terms of non-league to PL.  Perhaps Chillwell but he was a kid, making his way into the first team not an established player.

Look at the players we bought in this season.  Maddison and Tilemans hit the ground running.  Evans and Ricardo took a handful of games.  Going back further, Ndidi came from Belgium and slotted straight in.  Fuchs, Kante?

Then look at the flops.  Silva, Musa, Inler, Nacho, Iborra .. not one of them improved with time.  They started poorly and stayed poor.

If you're good enough you'll hit the ground running.  If not, you probably never will it seems.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, murphy said:

You might mock the FT reactionary nature but it seems that it's true.  I think that Vardy is the only exception to this and he climbed a mountain in terms of non-league to PL.  Perhaps Chillwell but he was a kid, making his way into the first team not an established player.

Look at the players we bought in this season.  Maddison and Tilemans hit the ground running.  Evans and Ricardo took a handful of games.  Going back further, Ndidi came from Belgium and slotted straight in.  Fuchs, Kante?

Then look at the flops.  Silva, Musa, Inler, Nacho, Iborra .. not one of them improved with time.  They started poorly and stayed poor.

If you're good enough you'll hit the ground running.  If not, you probably never will it seems.

Vardy has not escaped anything. Middlesborough away 13/14 first game of the season. Pearson was slagged off the minute the thread opened for picking Drinky and Vardy. Start of the ear cupping. 

Both where being slagged off the end of the previous season. The reason Vardy nearly quit football. 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

There were plenty of comments calling Ricardo shit at the start of the season.

Kasper should have been replaced by the likes of Hamer, Zieler and every other number two that’s been here since he arrived.

Morgan had always been to old and slow

Maguire and Chilwell are thick

Madison is too much of a pretty boy and a  young Paul Gallagher.

Every one of our players has been slated on here at some point or other it’s laughable if a players not a 10/10 in the first 2 mins they’re shit and then people look for shot constantly to hit them with.

Find me the last match thread where Kasper and distribution wasn’t mentioned...

Yes, lots of players get unwarranted and ott criticism on here but I think you're missing the point I'm making.

I did say that Ricardo took a handful of games but the point I am making is that those that cannot step up and slot in pretty quickly never seem to get there.

I would say, based on the evidence that I gave that you really can judge whether a player will be a success here within in his first 10 games.  

Time has nothing to do with it.

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Vardy has not escaped anything. Middlesborough away 13/14 first game of the season. Pearson was slagged off the minute the thread opened for picking Drinky and Vardy. Start of the ear cupping. 

Both where being slagged off the end of the previous season. The reason Vardy nearly quit football. 

I know.  I think you've misunderstood what I am saying.

I said that based on recent evidence, players that come in and don't hit the ground running don't seem to improve when given the luxury of time.  It seems you really can judge a player pretty quickly.  FTers get mocked for making knee jerk reactions on new players.  Some of the calmer heads say 'give him time'.  I'm saying, that never seems to work.

Vardy is the exception because he really did improve over time, however, his is an exceptional case as he was stepping up multiple divisions.from non-league.

10 hours ago, murphy said:

Most of those flops were never given a decent run in the team, that's not to say they would have turned out ok. 

But I'll stick by my premise that some players need more time and a decent run in the team to acclimatise.

On a slightly different angle some players despite excelling at the highest level at club football flop in international football and vice-versa with some players appearing a bit above average excelling at international level.

Football is not just a simple equation surely the Silva, Tielemans turn around in form with a change of clubs shows that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I know.  I think you've misunderstood what I am saying.

I said that based on recent evidence, players that come in and don't hit the ground running don't seem to improve when given the luxury of time.  It seems you really can judge a player pretty quickly.  FTers get mocked for making knee jerk reactions on new players.  Some of the calmer heads say 'give him time'.  I'm saying, that never seems to work.

Vardy is the exception because he really did improve over time, however, his is an exceptional case as he was stepping up multiple divisions.from non-league.

So Ricardo has not improved from his first few games and some on here claimed he was not good enough. Chilly last season to this. Ndidi has been brilliant shite and brilliant. Vardy should have been sold to West Brom for £5m.

Albrightons been brilliant shite brilliant passed it brilliant. 

One mistake and some on here turn. 

• Like 1