Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

If I was naming just centre forwards he’d be at number 1 every time. But I was basing it more on skill, taking on players and winning a game out of nothing. 

Suarez has to be there with that criteria. And even Torres

Edited by foxfanazer

47 minutes ago, brucey said:

I feel (somewhat) sorry for the guy. He litterally destroyed the rest of his career when he went to Chelsea, although it was crystal clear that he just wouldn't cut it and just be a squad player at best. That's more than likely his last season there

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

If one of the Cardiff players had come out and made fun of Kermorgant and called him a loser after his chipped penalty a few years ago, then presumably you'd all be fine with that? 

Yes. Most of us thought he was a cvnt for doing it. 

Who is your Premier League player of the season outside of LCFC so far?

I'd go with Salah, although it's hard to look past Agüero's 19 league goals and 29 goals overall this season.

And Hazard is up there, too. Closing in as we speak.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'd go with Salah, although it's hard to look past Agüero's 19 league goals and 29 goals overall this season.

I always prefer to pick out an unsung hero personally. Man City have consistently struggled (as much as they can “struggle”) without Fernandinho. And Liverpool the same without Trent Alexander. Would have to throw Van Dijk in there too! 

I know it’ll never happen but I’d like to see those two get Player and Young Player. 

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Probably Sterling tbqh. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Salah?! 

Even Liverpool fans would probably say he's been pretty poor or even just normal. Last seasons achievements really overstate his quality as a player. Salah looks fatigued and while I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a one-season wonder, there's not a chance he's been Liverpool's best player this season, let alone the Premier League's.

In answer to your question, I'd say Sterling. 

After that probably Aguero or Van Dijk. The latter because of the clear effect he has has on that Liverpool defence. Aguero is just on another level when it comes to prolific, out and out striker. 

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Can't excuse drink driving at all, but it sounds like he needs some help.

He's a pro footballer not allowed to do his job. He's clearly lonely with the amount he's going out, picking up loads of women and using Bumble.

From what we know about Drinky being described as a 'different' kind of character in the dressing room, it sounds like he needs some assistance in finding direction and purpose again. 

But then again, I could be wide of the mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Salah?! 

Even Liverpool fans would probably say he's been pretty poor or even just normal. Last seasons achievements really overstate his quality as a player. Salah looks fatigued and while I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a one-season wonder, there's not a chance he's been Liverpool's best player this season, let alone the Premier League's.

In answer to your question, I'd say Sterling. 

After that probably Aguero or Van Dijk. The latter because of the clear effect he has has on that Liverpool defence. Aguero is just on another level when it comes to prolific, out and out striker. 

Third-fastest player to reach 50 Premier League goal, still an amazing player and an amazing achievement.

He's had a bit of a dry spell during six matches without a goal, and I agree he looks tired. I suppose it's the pressure that's gotten to him.

Still, there's five matches to play and he's very likely to break through the 20-goal barrier soon.

For what it's worth, I think Agüero will win it.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Third-fastest player to reach 50 Premier League goal, still an amazing player and an amazing achievement.

That's all well and good but we're talking about this season alone when it comes to Player of the Season.