Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

How was Milner not booked twice near the end? Two clear yellow cards and he also did the twattish thing of pointing at the ball when he was nowhere near it (isn't that deceiving the referee?).

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're a different animal at home as they are away. I'd back us to take points off them again here. 

They'll score earlier and beat us in cruise control at their gaff. Two nil. 

Then roll over Brighton. 

Maybe now we are,  but when we played Man City back on Boxing Day we were wining shite at home under Puel.

We probably will get smashed but i will remain optimistic and since we done it once this year, there is no reason we cant do it again. Yes we need to play our A* game and perhaps they will be more knackered/nervous with all the other shit thats going on for them atm, but its certainly possible.

• Like 1

the amount of decisions that favoured liverpool tonight was mental. 

still hope we play iheanacho up front on monday. guaranteed 5-0 loss. blue moooooon. 

1 minute ago, lcfcfoz said:

Table never lies. City will come top and deserve it imo

Cannot deny them that if they win it. They are a phenomenal team that has spent their money well.

I just like the gradual improvement and more organic growth Liverpool have shown. Embedding youngsters such as TAA, Gomes...etc  Some absolute bargains in Robertson, Shaquiri...etc. It's more satisfying when a team does that.

Although money doesn't buy success, it goes a long way towards it and Man City now have two top class players in every position. You cannot say they don't deserve it, but for me the way they've got to the top is not so satisfying.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

still hope we play iheanacho up front on monday. guaranteed 5-0 loss. blue moooooon. 

It's been the same all season. Never seen a team have so many lucky breaks in one season.  

I think we can get a draw on Monday.

Which whilst I don't want us to lose and I don't want Man City to win the league, one of Man City or Liverpool have to and Man City is the slightly lesser evil.

The thought of Liverpool winning the league, their fans, I dread it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Couldn't care less about their points total, I really don't think Liverpool are anything special at all.  Manchester City are a significantly better side IMO.

The amount of points Liverpool have absolutely shithoused this season has been unbelievable.  

Glad you've said this, I had a 'debate' with someone, he isn't a Liverpool fan but clearly likes them, I said I didn't think Liverpool were anything special and that for large parts they have been average, certainly overhyped and had many lucky breaks* he couldn't understand what I was saying.

I've since asked others and a fair few have agreed with me, nice to see someone else say it unprompted.

*All teams get lucky breaks go for and against them but Liverpool seem to have more than most go for them, many a blind eye turned in their direction, yet they still have so much sorrow for themselves and entitlement, what's the saying? Outraged by everything, Ashamed of nothing.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

You don’t really support Leicester do you?

Fancy wanting us to lose 5-0.

• Thanks 1

I live near Mainz,so supported Klopp and "his" Mainz. Yes I was ecstatic when he took over at my only real German team BVB,saddened when he left...

I met him and spoke to him on a few occasions,first when he was still a player....

I can only speak positive over him,and the then Mainz-players. Uwe Stover,was a neighbour,and he invited my son and I over a few times,Stover knew S.Freund,and always said he would like to play in a lower PL or championship team,unfortunately he took some late heavy career ending injuries.

Even then Klopp,made a joke and said their own small clique were too old to contemplate going over & Stephan had a good strain and 2nd release of career,and it Opened up for him...A couple of lads  including klopp already,taking interest in taking their coaching-badges.

Klopp said,he wants to stay in Germany and see if he could cut it,then if the chance came,he would love to eventually coach in England...but was humble enough to say,there is a long,long learning path before he could consider it.!!!

Funny thing is Uwe Stover and Klopp,came around and knowing I was always yapping on about BvB got me 2 tickets for Mainz-BVB when Mainz got promoted...

Seen him once more,after he became BVB boss,and he greeted us,in the stadium...but life goes on....

In those few moments of sharing his and a clique of Mainz players company a group of fine lads,with a good sense of humour.

Now it's been  interesting to see him climb the footballing ladder..A guy I didn't know from Adam,and was a decent lad who I and my son just shared some quiet moments with...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Just switched MOTD on and Murphy is on, have they discussed the free-kick for the winner yet?

No doubt Murphy has called/will call it a world class bit of play to get his side a goal.

45 minutes ago, shailen said:

Cannot deny them that if they win it. They are a phenomenal team that has spent their money well.

I just like the gradual improvement and more organic growth Liverpool have shown. Embedding youngsters such as TAA, Gomes...etc  Some absolute bargains in Robertson, Shaquiri...etc. It's more satisfying when a team does that.

Although money doesn't buy success, it goes a long way towards it and Man City now have two top class players in every position. You cannot say they don't deserve it, but for me the way they've got to the top is not so satisfying.

I keep reading this argument that Liverpool have got to where they have by spending less money but the facts don't stand up. £60m on Keita, £66m on Allison and £75m on van Dijk. One equals Man City's record transfer fee and the other two surpass it. Liverpool have spent their fair share which is why if they don't win the league this season it should be viewed as a failure, even if they have played some great stuff along the way.

I saw Klopp was already laying the foundations last week in case they don't win it by claiming they have been the 'team of the season'. Sounds like Spurs in 2016.

I hope Man City win it.

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know I'm late to it, as I've been out all day, but is the Bournemouth goalie making acrobatic showy saves which should be simpler, or is he having a blinder? 

Watched that game earlier and in fairness thought he played very well and did pull of some cracking saves