Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Carragher saying this was the hardest game left for either liverpool or man city. Man city have Leicester and liverpool have wolves ffs, this was never the hardest game lol

• Like 2

I’m trying to like Liverpool but I just can’t.

The latest thing that irks me is Van Dijk having Virgil on the back of his shirt, unless you’re from South America that should be his surname. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

But its not in their hands? 

Im banking on us taking points on Monday (maybe only 1.) and If its down to us taking points and Liverpool winning then i can live with that. They will beat Brighton but if Man City do draw with us then i think Wolves are guaranteed 7th? so will Wolves have to play for v Liverpool? 

Like i said its just a gut feeling and its 1st time i've thought they will take the title, 

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Verdy’s gonna decide the league

6 minutes ago, Otis said:

Who?

The difference is simple to remember, Verdy is famous for four seasons whereas Vardy has managed many more than that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m trying to like Liverpool but I just can’t.

The latest thing that irks me is Van Dijk having Virgil on the back of his shirt, unless you’re from South America that should be his surname. 

Had it for Celtic,Southampton and Holland.

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Im banking on us taking points on Monday (maybe only 1.) and If its down to us taking points and Liverpool winning then i can live with that. They will beat Brighton but if Man City do draw with us then i think Wolves are guaranteed 7th? so will Wolves have to play for v Liverpool? 

Like i said its just a gut feeling and its 1st time i've thought they will take the title, 

I think Manchester City will edge a nervy 2-1 win against us on Monday.. But expect us to give them a scare. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

They're going to beat us comfortably 

Picture this, 1st minute at Man City, through ball pitches half way between Vardy, Kompany and Ederson, brave ref, red card, penalty, 10 v 11 for 89 minutes!

Was believable until the "brave ref" bit. Sorry Scousers, there's always the Cham......., oh well.

22 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Fair play to Klopp, to get 94 points and push Man City so close with this group of players is an incredible achievement. Very unfortunate for them that they live in the time of Pep’s Man City who have a far superior squad.

I remember people questioning Klopp in the past but Liverpool’s title challenge is all down to his style of play. They use space so much more effectively than most teams and it should be a lesson to all managers. 

The pace at which they play the game is what gives them so many chances to score. They remind me of us a little bit when we won the league in that way.

I'd give them more respect, on top of what you've just mentioned, had they not dived and got their way from it plenty of times this season..

Reckon some of the most-loyal, but down-to-earth and from Liverpool.., fans of that club would obviously be delighted if they go on to win the title but also guilty because of the diving Mane and Salah have done in particular.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest ttfn

The linesman’s view of the “foul” on Fabinho they showed in the post-match makes it all the more mind-boggling that he thought it fit to put his flag up for it.

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Time will tell.. Im sure i said the same on Boxing Day

We're a different animal at home as they are away. I'd back us to take points off them again here. 

They'll score earlier and beat us in cruise control at their gaff. Two nil. 

Then roll over Brighton. 

That Fabinho 'foul' has royally pissed me off actually.

Liverpool fans were up in arms when he fouled Messi and they claimed that wasn't a foul, yet he does that and obviously Fabinho isn't gonna get called out by him but it just smacks of typical hypocrisy from them.

Like seriously, where the fvck is the foul?! Ritchie does nothing wrong and yet Fabinho somehow has the ground from swept under him and feels the need to dive. Properly frustrates me how they get away with shit like that.

Just saw the incident that lead to the free kick for Liverpool which resulted in their 3rd goal. 

Liverpool players keep cheating and diving because they know they can get away with it. The linesman was just yards away and instantly puts his flag up, worst case of a free kick being given. The Liverpool player wasn't even touched, he decides to fall over for a free kick. 

Hope Man City win the title, just to shut the British footballing establishment up. 

Edited by Crispin LA

You have to give these two teams credit - Liverpool are the most efficient users of the football in the league and Man City are the best side at sustaining pressure and choking you into your own half. 

I don't like either team, but this Liverpool team deserve it this season - although they've spent big money, on a net basis it's nowhere near as much as Man City. 

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

You have to give these two teams credit - Liverpool are the most efficient users of the football in the league and Man City are the best side at sustaining pressure and choking you into your own half. 

I don't like either team, but this Liverpool team deserve it this season - although they've spent big money, on a net basis it's nowhere near as much as Man City. 

Table never lies. City will come top and deserve it imo