Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Well maybe he's our third or fourth best player after Vardy, Maguire and Ndidi, when he can be bothered.

I honestly don't know what some people are watching. :blink:

No one has more goals and assists in the Premier League over the last three seasons than Mahrez. We've seen him do countless skills on the pitch that only a handful of players in the world can do. If Mahrez wasn't bothered if he stayed or left £100m probably wouldn't buy him. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I honestly don't know what some people are watching. :blink:

No one has more goals and assists in the Premier League over the last three seasons than Mahrez. We've seen him do countless skills on the pitch that only a handful of players in the world can do. If Mahrez wasn't bothered if he stayed or left £100m probably wouldn't buy him. 

Some of you are living in 2015 still.

Never understood the opinion that Mahrez is taking us backwards or whatever. 

Going backwards would be going into the season without him, and having Albrighton hoofing the ball to nobody in the box and Gray going on a run and smashing the ball row z.. 

• Like 1

Just now, FIF said:

Some of you are living in 2015 still.

Last season only Sterling had more goals and assists than Mahrez.

Also nobody outside of Manchester City's squad had more assists than Mahrez last season.

I think people have your view that he's overrated because you see most of the minutes he plays and see all the times he makes a stray pass or lose the ball, etc. Then you'll see highlights of Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Coutinho, etc and mostly see their positive stuff and judge Mahrez to that standard. If we had Hazard or Coutinho here for the last three years I'd guarantee you'd be even more scathing of them than you are Mahrez.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Well maybe he's our third or fourth best player after Vardy, Maguire and Ndidi, when he can be bothered.

After reading your posts I'll take that as a compliment.

I like him but don't like his atitude or actions. From what I understand Mancity have only discussed scenarios with us they haven't actually made a bid - can you give me an ITK who states any differently? They didn't make an actual bid in January either.

Wow, third or fourth best player, just wow, he's the best player we have technically and probably one of the best players we have ever had.

Impact wise I'd say his only second to Vardy, without Marhez goals and assists we would have been fight relegation.

When Ndidi and Maguire have been here for 4 season and had as much an impact as Riyad then I may change my mind. 

The boy has served us very well for 4 season, he want to play in a side competing for the league and Champions League, he had a wobble when his move didn't come off, hes a young man.    

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Never understood the opinion that Mahrez is taking us backwards or whatever. 

Going backwards would be going into the season without him, and having Albrighton hoofing the ball to nobody in the box and Gray going on a run and smashing the ball row z.. 

Disagree with this.  However good he is, at the moment he casts a shadow over the club.  He needs to go before we can move forward.

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Last season only Sterling had more goals and assists than Mahrez.

Also nobody outside of Manchester City's squad had more assists than Mahrez last season.

I think people have your view that he's overrated because you see most of the minutes he plays and see all the times he makes a stray pass or lose the ball, etc. Then you'll see highlights of Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Coutinho, etc and mostly see their positive stuff and judge Mahrez to that standard. If we had Hazard or Coutinho here for the last three years I'd guarantee you'd be even more scathing of them than you are Mahrez.

OI! STOP BRINGING FACTS INTO IT!

Anyone else of the same cynical opinion that I am, that maybe this is done already and we're keeping it quiet until July 1st? This would allow us to get our business done early without the assumption we have loads of cash going, allowing us to get better deals! 

Just a thought!!

Find it amazing how Riyad overperforms his expected output. Analytics favor him a lot an there was another pic of him having the best shooting ability when calculating distance, pace and ball placement. Even better than Kane

8 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Anyone else of the same cynical opinion that I am, that maybe this is done already and we're keeping it quiet until July 1st? This would allow us to get our business done early without the assumption we have loads of cash going, allowing us to get better deals! 

Just a thought!!

We posted a profit of £92m last year - I’m not sure it’s a secret that we are  loaded ...........

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Sulky or not he's worth 90m. Still our best player.

He's worth what a club will buy him for, and unfortunately no one has tabled a bid anywhere near £90M. in fact I think the only bid that has been tabled was the p155 take one from Roma. in August of £32M (may have been another @ £40m later)

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

People talking about efficiency in front of goal. @FIF, check this out..

DgK7PKtXUAEgOjz.jpg

On last season's evidence then:

Question - How is a right midfielder with defensive responsibilities in a 4-4-2 low possession side expected to score 12 goals in a season?

Answer - By being the most lethal finisher in the Premier League.  

• Like 3

Just now, norwichfox said:

He's worth what a club will buy him for, and unfortunately no one has tabled a bid anywhere near £90M. in fact I think the only bid that has been tabled was the p155 take one from Roma. in August of £32M (may have been another @ £40m later)

Based on current market conditions and other transfers you're wrong 

I've also seen a few Man City fans thinking they should give up on Mahrez and buy Zaha instead. It's small time thinking like that which will get them knocked off their perch as the best team in the country. 

Zaha would be a great signing for us and absolutely mediocre for Man City. In Mahrez they'd be buying one of the best players in the league. I think Mahrez will go there and become their standout player and all we'll here in the media is Pep the genius has upped his game another level when the truth is he's already at that level but doesn't get the recognition he deserves playing for a club outside the elite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

What does this actually show?

There is metric which estimates "expected goals" from all the chances a player has.

Last season Mahrez's expected goal return from the chances he had was 6.61 goals and he scored 12. Mahrez was scoring almost at twice the rate which made him the most lethal finisher in the PL last season. 

29 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Based on current market conditions and other transfers you're wrong 

Can you point out which bit of what he wrote is wrong based on current market conditions? He's made three points AFAICS;

He's worth what a club will buy him for

No one has tabled a bid anywhere near £90M

Roma have made a bid (of up to £40m)

The latter two seem to be points of fact, which have nothing to do with 'market conditions'. 

The first point pretty much describes market conditions.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've also seen a few Man City fans thinking they should give up on Mahrez and buy Zaha instead. It's small time thinking like that which will get them knocked off their perch as the best team in the country. 

Zaha would be a great signing for us and absolutely mediocre for Man City. In Mahrez they'd be buying one of the best players in the league. I think Mahrez will go there and become their standout player and all we'll here in the media is Pep the genius has upped his game another level when the truth is he's already at that level but doesn't get the recognition he deserves playing for a club outside the elite.

you can't even compare Zaha with Mahrez ones a genius the other is just a bang average player

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

you can't even compare Zaha with Mahrez ones a genius the other is just a bang average player

A bit harsh on Zaha calling him "bang average", they're both steaks but Mahrez is fillet steak and Zaha is frying steak in comparison.