Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

End of season Puel poll

Should Claude Puel be given another season?  

506 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be given another season?

Wow that's turned around very quickly!

In my eyes whilst I do want him out I think it's going to be more harmful doing it now, really to give ourselves the best opportunity he should have gone after the Palace game. To recruit a new manager and a lot of new players in 1 window going through a World Cup year? I think that is going to be incredibly hard to do, I think he's kind of bought himself a few more games with the last 2 performances... let's just hope he doesn't revert and has turned a corner.

14 hours ago, Ricey said:

Madness that 35% of people have changed their mind to stick with Puel after a win against a team with 0 points away from home in 2018 (and 10 men for 85 minutes) and a 5-4 defeat.

If you voted out after West Ham, what has changed your mind?

I like goals and I'm scared of King, Slimani, Ulloa and Morgan/Simpson still being around next season. Puel seems to have at least identified most of those aren't required. I'm not convinced though, I have a feeling that the Arsenal game was the Man City of last season where we went 4-0 up, someone/something out of the managers control changed the tactics but it was just a one off game until Ranieri left. It felt like a similar situation where the players took control.

14 hours ago, Ricey said:

Madness that 35% of people have changed their mind to stick with Puel after a win against a team with 0 points away from home in 2018 (and 10 men for 85 minutes) and a 5-4 defeat.

If you voted out after West Ham, what has changed your mind?

I think you have to remember that voting isn't mandatory and a binary question is always misleading as it is never as simple as in/out. So some people don't  vote if they aren't sure. For example I was voting in until the Palace game then I started to lose faith so I didn't vote because I didn't know. I imagine a number of those that didn't know before the Palace game probably switched to out. After the Arsenal game those that started to doubt regained their optimism and so switched back to in. the trend went from "in" to "undecided" and back to "in" and "undecided" to "out" and back to "undecided". 

Me, I'm still undecided, only request is we make our decision soon and if it is in, then we make a clear statement of backing and not fanny around thinking we might sack him in November and have managers lined up/sounded out.

2 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

My theory is that player power has influenced these last 2 games, and hence we have played differently. An undermined Puel won’t quit as he won’t get his pay-off, and it’s all going to go to shit next season.

That is a possibility and if the manager isn't calling the shots he'll be sacked before the week is out.

I’m kind of thinking, if he was going to be sacked it would have happened by now - so that a new manager has time to prepare for next season ahead of a busy summer.

If that is the case, I’d rather support the lads as opposed to contributing to what is or could be a toxic atmosphere. Get behind the lads!

1 minute ago, bmouth_fox said:

I’m kind of thinking, if he was going to be sacked it would have happened by now - so that a new manager has time to prepare for next season ahead of a busy summer.

If that is the case, I’d rather support the lads as opposed to contributing to what is or could be a toxic atmosphere. Get behind the lads!

Maybe the powers at be at LCFC are as split as we are on foxestalk?

I'd have thought there would be a meeting with the powers that be and a meeting with Puel over the course of this week. The conclusion of those meeting will not be known until later in the week. If we hear nothing by the weekend we'll presume he's staying as the transfer window opens this Thursday.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that if they can get a new man in by last week of May then he will be sacked.

otherwise we will stick with him, recruit where we need to and see how we start next season - the recruitment is not specific to Puel - we (and he) know where we are short. If he isn’t up to it come September/October then he will be jettisoned but we will still have the new players for the next manager. 

I dont think we can truly judge a manager until the so called 'player power' culprits are gone as the manger will always be fighting a losing a battle. Apparently Kasper, Morgan, Simpson, Vardy.

Will be happy to keep Vardy obviously as the rest of them are replaceable. 

Edited by les-tah

3 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Fickle bloody lot!

First poll showed around 60 odd percent said keep him, second poll showed 92 percent wanted rid of.

We now almost have a 50 - 50 split!

Just shows how a difference in play or results can have an effect.

Let's have a poll after every game next season, could be interesting. :facepalm:

We literally do that anyway

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

What a ridiculous result. How do you shift from 66% to 48% out in the space of a win against 10 men and another loss. Deluded.

If someone can tell me a manager that chomping at the bit to take over at us that is better than Puel then I may change my mind ( I have always been a Puel in BTW)

I'm honestly not sure, but we've played some brilliant attacking football over the last couple of games.

I feel you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's finally realised that's how we should he playing and given the players the licence to attack. If we had a proper defence, we would have hammered Spurs away yesterday.

Say what you like about the previous 2 months (it was horrendous, and I wanted him out), but if we set up like we did against Arsenal and Spurs next season with a proper defence, we'll have a great time.

On top of that, we are actually developing a reputation of not treating managers well- we know that's not the case, but the media are still looking for any excuse to have a pop at us after Ranieri. Getting rid of Puel after he led us from a relegation scrap to 9th wouldn't put us in a good light for potential candidates.

I have my doubts, but I think we're better off sticking rather than twisting on this occasion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

I dont think we can truly judge a manager until the so called 'player power' culprits are gone as the manger will always be fighting a losing a battle. Apparently Kasper, Morgan, Simpson, Vardy.

Will be happy to keep Vardy obviously as the rest of them are replaceable. 

....why keep Vardy if he (allegedly) is part of the problem!!

Guest MattP

Very surprised so many have changed their minds on what are two effectively glorified friendly matches.

I have a strange feeling they might keep him though, I just get the feeling it would be done by now if they wanted to get rid.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....why keep Vardy if he (allegedly) is part of the problem!!

Because, unlike the rest, he’s really really good. 

It’s not totally clear to me that Vardy is one of the anti-Puel players anyway. He stuck up for Puel in a recent interview, and I noticed yesterday he was intently taking instruction from Puel when Silva was down for a bit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Because, unlike the rest, he’s really really good. 

It’s not totally clear to me that Vardy is one of the anti-Puel players anyway. He stuck up for Puel in a recent interview, and I noticed yesterday he was intently taking instruction from Puel when Silva was down for a bit. 

.....morally wrong and hypocritical!!!!

The inference is like Donald Trump, Vardy could walk into the city centre shoot and kill someone in broad daylight and not be arrested. You can not ignore wrong doing because the person doing the deed is famous and therefore deigned to be above the law.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm honestly not sure, but we've played some brilliant attacking football over the last couple of games.

I feel you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's finally realised that's how we should he playing and given the players the licence to attack. If we had a proper defence, we would have hammered Spurs away yesterday.

Say what you like about the previous 2 months (it was horrendous, and I wanted him out), but if we set up like we did against Arsenal and Spurs next season with a proper defence, we'll have a great time.

On top of that, we are actually developing a reputation of not treating managers well- we know that's not the case, but the media are still looking for any excuse to have a pop at us after Ranieri. Getting rid of Puel after he led us from a relegation scrap to 9th wouldn't put us in a good light for potential candidates.

I have my doubts, but I think we're better off sticking rather than twisting on this occasion.

How can so many fans be blind at the fact that nothing has changed.

He hasn't realised anything in a matter of two games, the players had licence to attack not because of Claude Puel, it was because of the opposition we faced. Arsenal and Spurs gave us the space to play, that's why there was a considerable difference of how we attacked, you then look at us against the likes of Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle and it was an entirely different story for a reason, when teams sit in against us the football is slow and boring and we struggle to break teams down, if Arsenal and Spurs were defensively organised then I'm sure we would've struggled to break them down too.

We set up exactly the same against Arsenal and Spurs as we did against West Ham, the only thing that was different was the space the opposition gave us.

Do you really give a shit what the media think? Every time we've acted it's been in the best interests of the club. The position we finished in was satisfying, the football on display wasn't. We are an ambitious club but Puel from what we've seen is not an ambitious manager, especially in terms of his footballing philosophy, I fully believe we need and can do better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

Very surprised so many have changed their minds on what are two effectively glorified friendly matches.

I have a strange feeling they might keep him though, I just get the feeling it would be done by now if they wanted to get rid.

It’s worrying if they have faith Puel

still as I have always said I will back him 100 per cent whilst he is still Leicester manager even if I don’t agree as he isn’t the right fit for Leicester