Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

End of season Puel poll

Should Claude Puel be given another season?  

506 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be given another season?

I'm not completely convinced, but we were in the relegation zone. We finished 9th and he will be great for our youth. I'd have to say give him a chance. I'm worried about negative football but I'll give him until Christmas and if we're still above the relegation zone then the full season.

Edited by Foxxed

Like a good lot of us, I've been really disappointed at times how we have played this season. I've often said before my preferred style of football is a passing game and when it is executed well, it is a joy to watch. Notwithstanding, it needs to be played at pace and not this dull, one tone type lethargy. 

Winning the league in 2015/16 was without doubt the best season our club has ever had and all of us will always be able to smile when we think about what we achieved. However, we missed a trick that close season with our recruitment and it ultimately was one of the downfalls of Claudio. He was his own worst enemy at times that following season but he will forever be King Claudio and have a special place in our hearts.

Puel however has inherited much of that same squad and has sucked the life out of their fast game. He has continued to chop and change the team every week and in the case of Dragovic, dropped a man in form, to put our Club Captain back in the team. A hard decision perhaps but the person who has earned the shirt should keep it.

I was willing him (Puel) to do well when he started as I felt he was harshly treated at Southampton but now I know why they did what they did. 

A major overhaul is needed this summer. A new manager with some pedigree or a growing reputation, Rudkin needs to be reminded he doesn't run the ship but above all else, that defence of ours has got to be the first priority when it comes to recruitment. 

Get it right and we can push for Europe again next season with confidence. Get it wrong and on the basis of the majority of games since late December and we will be in a relegation scrap. 

Edited by Robin JD Popley

...for the 2nd half of the season we are candidates for relegation.

Managers are judged by their results

Puel has failed the task.

His strange team choices and changes, dull communication and style and boring football merely compound the need for the owners to sack him this week. 

29 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Yes, but not by their results only during the period of time fitting your narrative.

Edited by yks

30 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Puel has failed the task.

His strange team choices and changes, dull communication and style and boring football merely compound the need for the owners to sack him this week. 

I've not listened to more than 2 of his interviews all season and those got switched off after 30 seconds I used to tune in to Pearson's and it was a good crack listening to what he had to say, similar with Claudio but not Puel the connection just aint there with the fans, do we sing his name?

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

No chance.  One result at home against Arsenal should not have any bearing on the crap weve been served up in the last 4 months.  Either way I'm pretty sure hes gone.  Cant see him staying.

Exactly a victory against a 10 man developement team that held their own for 80 minutes I don’t really think that papers over any cracks. 10 goals conceded in 2 away games and 5 in 21 victories the only place we are heading is down unless we make changes

I understand everyone has differing opinions but I just cannot see how people don’t see that we are so bad; I can only assume they do not attend the games. That dick on the radio after the game said it all for me, after the match I turned it on and as soon as I heard him say because of the last two games we should keep him the radio went off again and I went to five live  

44 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So we go from about 30 wanting him in to 154 just because we ripped through a shitty Arsenal defence :mellow:

It might be because people realised they were reacting emotionally, rather than trying to see that there might be longer term benefits to not getting rid of yet another manager who, whilst not really doing that well since the turn of the year, hasn't yet actually failed.

Edited by HighPeakFox
missed a crucial word out!

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

It might be because people realised they were reacting emotionally, rather than trying to see that there might be longer term benefits to getting rid of yet another manager who, whilst not really doing that well since the turn of the year, hasn't yet actually failed.

Nothing to do with emotion, its to do with the change of play for the last two matches, whether that's down to the manager or the players we do not know.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It might be because people realised they were reacting emotionally, rather than trying to see that there might be longer term benefits to getting rid of yet another manager who, whilst not really doing that well since the turn of the year, hasn't yet actually failed.

I will admit this characterises me well. I'm not proud of myself, but the games leading up to Palace I was Puel In, just...and then that game happened and I'd immediately had enough. It was the emotions. But a few days later, realising we had nothing really left to play for, I tried to take some perspective.

Football is an emotional game, we all get caught up in it sometimes.

And yes, the style of playing changing helped a lot too.

Edited by CloudFox

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Nothing to do with emotion, its to do with the change of play for the last two matches, whether that's down to the manager or the players we do not know.

....down to the players.....see Vardy's interview on radio Leicester, stating that the squad did not want to play just passing it around at the back.

These last 2 games have nothing to do with Puel, it is not his style!!!!

7 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Change of play?

Nothing has changed, we looked good going forward because Arsenal and Spurs allowed us the space to play football, how many teams have allowed us to do that recently? The answer is just those two.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Change of play?

Nothing has changed, we looked good going forward because Arsenal and Spurs allowed us the space to play football, how many teams have allowed us to do that recently? The answer is just those two.

Wrong, a lot changed, we moved the ball at pace, looked up for the games and pressed from the front and damn the defence.

Previous to that we looked sluggish, far to much back passing and cross field balls of poor quality and sitting back with the intention of holding the ball.

It's frustrating me...I'm still not sure.

The one player he's brought in looks very promising..if mahrez goes he'll need replacing along with a new rb cb and a lb.

Do we trust in him to bring in the right players..personally I'd see who he brings in and give him a chance.

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Wrong, a lot changed, we moved the ball at pace, looked up for the games and pressed from the front and damn the defence.

Previous to that we looked sluggish, far to much back passing and cross field balls of poor quality and sitting back with the intention of holding the ball.

We were allowed to move the ball quicker because the space was there mate, you look how much space the likes of Mahrez, Silva and Iheanacho were in compared to games against the likes of West Ham. The only considerable difference I've seen is a bit more energy.

Pressing Arsenal's defence was always going to happen because it's their biggest weakness. Spurs today weren't as bad but they did make errors that were there to be pounced on.

You then look at the games against Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth, Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham, all those teams didn't give us the space to play football, they were compact, well organised and came to frustrate, all their plans worked. It wasn't a case of being sluggish, all those teams didn't allow us to play at a high tempo. It was all too sideways and backwards because those teams didn't allow us the space going forward, they cancelled us out because they sat in, well organised and suffocated the likes of Mahrez, Iheanacho and Vardy, something of which the Arsenal and Spurs defences didn't do, hence why we looked better when going forward. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

It's frustrating me...I'm still not sure.

The one player he's brought in looks very promising..if mahrez goes he'll need replacing along with a new rb cb and a lb.

Do we trust in him to bring in the right players..personally I'd see who he brings in and give him a chance.

....the problem is, by then, it will have been too late!!!!