Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

How can Kane claim that as a goal? Would it not be Loftus cheeks first for England? Surely he should let him have it and be proud of the youngsters? 

Arrogant self centered pig.  

On the flip side Vardy never gets passed to. He's made 3 runs in behind and the midfielders have chosen to shoot all 3 times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

How can Kane claim that as a goal? Would it not be Loftus cheeks first for England? Surely he should let him have it and be proud of the youngsters? 

Arrogant self centered pig.  

On the flip side Vardy never gets passed to. He's made 3 runs in behind and the midfielders have chosen to shoot all 3 times.

You can't not 'claim it' if you touched you last!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Not a single pass to Vards, when goal difference is important. England rubbish in second half, we wil be destroyed by a half decent team. BBC totally talking crap.

This! 

Makes me cringe listening to the BBC pundits waxing lyrical about England... We've beaten Tunisia and Panama FFS!! 

...and only scraped past one of those. 

Belgium will be a non event game. 

As you said,  when we meet someone half decent..  We're out! 

By the way... 

Fvck off Harry Kane.. You gormless twat!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

This is why vardy wouldn’t leave us,

hes god at Leicester,

our style is worked around him,

hes the top dog,

at international level and had he gone arsenal this is exactly how I expected to see him played,

im glad for him personally that he’s got a World Cup appearance on his cv,

but he looks wasted with England through no fault of his own,

and I think he knows this

I agree with this and I think he’s happy enough to be part of the experience. He’s one of the older players in the squad and even if we don’t like him, you can’t take anything away from Kane. 5 goals in your first two World Cup matches puts Rooney’s record to shame. 

JV is unfortunate that his career started so late but he’s already achieved something spectacular and still has a chance to pick up another trophy with us. 

Also in the knockout stages if we get ahead and play on the break he could yet have his World Cup moment when it matters. Would love for it to happen for him. 

33 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Not a single pass to Vards, when goal difference is important. England rubbish in second half, we wil be destroyed by a half decent team. BBC totally talking crap.

??? - Game management. England dropped the pace went out more conservatively in the second half and allowed Panama to come at them. 

There were however some worrying errors in both halves that would have not gone unpunished by quality opposition.

The main difference under Southgate is that unlike Roy's stewardship, the players link well and play to each others strengths. Playing them in their natural positions helps.

Regarding Vardy, it's a shame that Trippier came off. He would have loved to have got on the end of some of those through balls behind the defence. 

54 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Forgive my naivety but what is the reason the other England players don't pass to him?! And why doesn't Southgate rectify this if it's true? *Which of course it is*

Edited by Kendal Fox

8 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Forgive my naivety but what is the reason the other England players don't pass to him?! And why doesn't Southgate rectify this if it's true? *Which of course it is*

Vardy never drops to deep to try and receive and get on the ball, he's always standing next to one the opposition CBs. It's the same for Leicester, he's link up play is okay but isn't great. That's why he never touches the ball. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

By the way... 

Fvck off Harry Kane.. You gormless twat!! 

This is beyond belief.

I couldn't give two shits who the opposition is, those two penalties were the product of hard work and self-belief. Hard and high into the top corner. Doesn't matter which way the keeper goes, he's not getting there. Klinsmann-esque. 

Forwards thrive on confidence and as one of the best strikers in the world that confidence is contagious and lifts the team. England may well be beaten by Belgium, but they will not capitulate as we saw two years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Far as I’m concerned, it ain’t Spurs and Leicester players, it’s england players and I’ll support them on and off the field till season 18/19 starts. 

I'm fully supporting England and happy for Kane to score, doesn't mean i don't still think he's a gormless knob. 

• Like 1