Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Premier League 2018/9 Fixtures - (Released 14th June)

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not sure certain posters try and be edgy and make out the order of the fixtures makes no difference.

Of course it does.

Not sure how you play everyone twice. If our season relise on points from the last three games we've been crap and deserve what we get. 

To me the only bit of the draw that benefits anyone is playing the big six after a European game.

Last 3 games are horrendous.

Hopefully we will be well clear of any danger by then and actually pushing for 6th/7th! 

Away at Man U to start is a pain but I'd prefer them than Man City, Liverpool or Spurs. At least you know we aren't going to get a thumping with Mourinho defensive as ever!

Actually confident we can pick up wins in our next two against Wolves and Saints. Think Wolves are in for shock at the jump in level.

So, could have been better but could have been worse too. As long as we are not desperate for wins in the final month to stay up, which we really shouldn't be! 

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure how you play everyone twice. If our season relise on points from the last three games we've been crap and deserve what we get. 

To me the only bit of the draw that benefits anyone is playing the big six after a European game.

The start of the season sets the tone. After 10 games, if you have played the top 10 and lost 7 games, whether you've played well or not, the squad will be low on confidence and frustrated, the manager will be under pressure and the owners are probably thinking about pulling the trigger.

If you've played the bottom 10 and won 7 games you will be near the top of the table, the players will be happy and will be more prepared to back the manager and work as hard as they can.

If you accept that an average team are more likely to beat the worse teams than the better teams it's really not a difficult concept to understand.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

Always think it's best to play the bigger sides at the start before stars have settled and they've got form. They usually have a shit pre season too. If they've got nothing to play for then end of season can be ok too, the worst is march/April time. 

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Always think it's best to play the bigger sides at the start before stars have settled and they've got form. They usually have a shit pre season too. If they've got nothing to play for then end of season can be ok too, the worst is march/April time. 

Except Man City, they tend to have great starts.

In past few seasons we had the hard fixtures first and an easier run in whereas this season its the other way round with the added bonus of man utd away first game, so if we get off to an horrendous start and find ourselves near the bottom with 10 games to go it could be touch and go, i think people looking at us been top 6 been very optimistic. 

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Id say old Trafford is one of the worse starts you could have, for them a convincing win is only acceptable thing to make a statements to the rest they are serious title contenters. 

When I saw Burnley's first few games, I thought for a split second we had been relegated.

All three promoted clubs in the first 8 games which also include Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield & Southampton.

Only fixture against a top-half team from last season is Man United at home in game 4.

Quite the opposite from last season when we had Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton & Man City in the first 5 away games.

Edited by lancyclaret

41 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Id say old Trafford is one of the worse starts you could have, for them a convincing win is only acceptable thing to make a statements to the rest they are serious title contenters. 

Perhaps but I don't think José has ever sought a convincing win in his career. But yes it's generally never a good time to go to old Trafford. 

Alot of negative twists,(again) before a ball is even Kicked....

Ffs...we are a good Team and Club,playing in the PL, noted as one of the 

top League in the world.Our Club Just finished a "good" ninth and recognised

as a Stable quality club. 

Stop running Scared,and topping up on Your foreheads worry lines.   

Sit Back and enjoy our Journey and success of competing in the PL.

The Last 3 Games,is a good Omen...easy Games If we are warding Off  relegation,

Exciting If we are chasing top 6, magical If we are rubbing shoulders with top 4,

Points to make If WE are in moaners-paradise and Holding our midtable Routine.

Today is to let loose our wildest Dreams,hopes for another season,trying to be clever,

reasonable,or keeping rational,..is Not I repeat Not !!!  Doing Your City AS a Football Fan!!!

ITS simples....

53 minutes ago, aefevans said:

See you guys on the 1st December!

(Sorry about the intrusion, but the Watford forum is currently spilling over with cheese jokes and puns, so I've just popped over here until it blows over. Hope you're well.)

Tread Caerphilly  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aefevans said:

(Sorry about the intrusion, but the Watford forum is currently spilling over with cheese jokes and puns, so I've just popped over here until it blows over. Hope you're well.)

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Tread Caerphilly  :rolleyes:

I camembert-lieve it, edam well better get back to the Watford forum.   How dairy?

Gouda here! 

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aefevans said:

:cheers:

• Like 1