Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

They'd have been better off with Karanka or Jokanovic, O'Neill's best days are gone I'm afraid

Well Warnock and Hodgson are perhaps warning markers to suggest not writing anybody off yet...

Would he be bringing Roy Keane with him? ?

Always loved MON so it’s a good luck mate from me ....   going to be very interesting to see if he can adapt to the more modern style of play and tactics.   If I were him I wouldn’t want Keane around ...   he’s toxic.   

Edited by Countryfox

Just now, Izzy said:

MON going to Forest just feels wrong in so many ways. 

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but can’t really blame him for taking the job.

It's not really wrong at all. As a former player during their most successful spell as a club, he would have far more affection for Forest than us, especially considering how some of our mouthbreather 'fans' treated him early on in his tenure here.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

MON going to Forest just feels wrong in so many ways. 

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but can’t really blame him for taking the job.

He's a legend at both clubs and it's nearly 20 years ago he left us. Wouldn't mind him getting some success with Forest. Would be fun with a local-ish derby in the Prem :) But I have my doubts as to whether he's still "got it".

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's not really wrong at all. As a former player during their most successful spell as a club, he would have far more affection for Forest than us, especially considering how some of our mouthbreather 'fans' treated him early on in his tenure here.

Well it feels wrong to me.

I know he's a former player but it's like your wife deciding to go back to her first husband.  

I think it will be a disastrous appointment for both him and Forest. As others have said, his best days are behind him but it's obviously still in his blood.

• Like 1

Last chance for a bit of club success for him. 

He’s a legend here despite what happened under Ranieri - I grew up with him at Filbert St and he’s a huge chunk of my childhood. Leaving for Celtic was a big step up at the time but I’m sure we all felt he was destined for bigger things in England. 

He was a huge success at Villa and while he could have done better at Sunderland, those two clubs current status seems so inevitable due to the way they’re run off the pitch and the way they treated O’Neil.

With ROI - well, just look at Claudio for how some managers do at clubs versus how they do at international level.

If MON is going to succeed at Forest then they will have to treat him with the respect he deserves. I wish him all the best, personally. 

Also, can’t believe he left us NINETEEN ****ING YEARS AGO. 

I can't begrudge O'Neill returning to Forest, particularly as this could be his last shot at a good league job in England.

On the side of this call, is Aitor Karanka the Basque Puel or is Puel the French Karanka?

22 hours ago, baker11 said:

But it would only be on social media. We won’t be seeing much nationwide action on the matter id imagine.

Like everything isn't it. People in this country like to moan but don't actually do anything about it.

Lets all sell out and pay prices but take a banner to the game just to show people how unhappy we are. Spurs fans other day - great banner I thought, but what's the point in them all going and then moaning. A boycott shows much more than a banner would.