Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well Warnock and Hodgson are perhaps warning markers to suggest not writing anybody off yet...

Would he be bringing Roy Keane with him? ?

Roy Keane spotted by one of #ssn London reporters coming out of the #nffc owner’s offices in the capital.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

MON going to Forest just feels wrong in so many ways. 

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but can’t really blame him for taking the job.

I wouldn't describe it as wrong, but it feels "awkward" for those who follow Leicester. Normally would wish MoN all the best of luck in a new job, but for some reason I can't in this instance... even though I can understand why he'd be keen to make such a move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I wouldn't describe it as wrong, but it feels "awkward" for those who follow Leicester. Normally would wish MoN all the best of luck in a new job, but for some reason I can't in this instance... even though I can understand why he'd be keen to make such a move.

Yeah "awkward" is a better word. Thanks for putting it much better than I did :thumbup:

• Like 1

First reaction was M'ON can get in the bin.

After thinking about it though, they're welcome to each other, he's nothing more than a defensive hoofball merchant these days, the inspired M'ON we knew has long since gone and don't think he'll do anything at a club like Forest. It will end in tears!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

First reaction was M'ON can get in the bin.

After thinking about it though, they're welcome to each other, he's nothing more than a defensive hoofball merchant these days, the inspired M'ON we knew has long since gone and don't think he'll do anything at a club like Forest. It will end in tears!

Tears of joy I should imagine for those a few junctions down the M1  ...   :)

• Haha 1

Fair play to him, he's a legend there just as much here - in a different way of course. It does feel wrong though, being born in 1992 the core group of O'Neill, Lennon, Izzet, Heskey, Elliott defined our Club to me throughout childhood and even through the depressing years of 2000-2007.

He's never cut the mustard without his old assistant manager though, since his Aston Villa days a decline has become apparent since he also hasn't had John Robertson around - now he's got Roy Keane.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Very surprised. Not sure why he'd want to go there, especially with his legacy already being a legend.

Would have been a good appointment for them 15 years ago.

Why wouldn't he go there really? He's pretty much accomplished all he will at club level, and this will most likely be his last job in football. Makes sense for him to try and get the club he earnt his name at back into the prem, seems a rather fitting ending really

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why wouldn't he go there really? He's pretty much accomplished all he will at club level, and this will most likely be his last job in football. Makes sense for him to try and get the club he earnt his name at back into the prem, seems a rather fitting ending really

He always stood by not going back to somewhere where he's already a legend.