Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think if we add Pereira or maybe Gray to that front 3, we have a front 4 that has a lot of potential to **** up teams. Because unlike when we were totally dependant on Mahrez and he would have 4 people on him because everyone else was shit, these 4 can all cause equal amounts of trouble. Especially if they swap around.

This along with tightening up our defence is what we need to get to the next level. We are capable of controlling the game for long periods of time, having done it in patches in every game this season, including versus Liverpool and Man U. If we can stop shipping so many stupid goals then we will already gain a lot more points over the season, and then the finishing touch will be our attack. For the last 3 seasons we've basically relied on Vardy and Mahrez to get the bulk of our goals. We've lost Mahrez but Maddison and Nacho seem to have that clinical edge to their game that players like Albrighton, Okazaki, Ghezall and Gray currently do not have. Those players are still good and can be important to the team, but they don't seem to have that killer instinct (yet).

Actually having just three players who can do this could be enough (see Liverpool), but then we need the other attackers to drag players around to make space and open things up. Gray didn't score or assist against Huddersfield but he made quite a big difference in stretching the game. However, as you say if Gray, Ricardo or Ghezall could add a consistent goal threat or assist production to their game it would massively improve the team. Even if you kept one player quiet, the others would get you!

Thinking about it, how many goals would you expect each of our players to get, give or take?

Vardy - 20?

Maddison - 10 ?

Nacho - 10?

Gray - 5?

Ghezall - 5?

Albrighton - 5?

Others - 10?

That would be 65 goals which is a lot more than last season (49) but 3 less than when we won the title (68). I don't think we will be anywhere near that number but will probably end up being a bit better than last season, so probably around 50-55 goals scored. But many of our players are young so give them a few seasons and that's the sort of return I'd like to see from our players and team. I don't think we will ever see Leicester hit the sort of attacking numbers that teams like vintage Man United, Man City, Arsenal and even Chelsea have pulled off, but I do think that a team that can retain possession well which has clinical finishers could and should be capable of 60+ a season. So far we've scored in every game, which is a good sign.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I know Norwich fans used to just sing ‘maaaa-dison’ like Liverpool fans sing ‘Li-verpool’ 

bit boring though

There is a song for him now, but I found it kind of boring. But these things will probably develop as time will go by. 

"James Maddison, James Maaaa ddiiiii  son, nah nah nah nah" Something like this was being sung around K1. 

It's pretty hard to do a song justice when typing it out LOL :sweating:

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

There is a song for him now, but I found it kind of boring. But these things will probably develop as time will go by. 

"James Maddison, James Maaaa ddiiiii  son, nah nah nah nah" Something like this was being sung around K1. 

It's pretty hard to do a song justice when typing it out LOL :sweating:

There's a better one going round SK1 to the tune of Don't Look Back in Anger. 

James Maddison came

From Norwich to play

In the old blue and white.

Oh cov sigh away,

'cause Maddisons at Leicester

I heard you say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lcfcdave15 said:

He comes across well in this article, grounded and sounds like he is enjoying himself here.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-maddison-says-england-call-13328114

Sounds like he's really got his head screwed on, which is good to see. Him saying that, and Chilwell putting in the extra effort over the summer, makes me really optimistic for our current crop of youngsters coming through.

Fingers crossed the injury for Gray gives him some thinking time and added impetus to put in similar effort to come back stronger, and we could have a very adept trio knocking on Southgate's door.

• Like 1