Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he will have done as he was good again today and got the assist for Maguire. Surely Southgate will also have seen the continual link up play between him and Chilwell and been thinking "that could serve us well in the future."

He's adapted well to starting on the left and drifting inside. It's probably not ideal for him, but it allows us to get Nacho, Vardy and Maddision all on the pitch at the same time, and you can't help but feel we've always got a goal in us when all three are playing.

In the article posted above he's gone on record saying he wants to play the full 90 every week and that Puel takes him off when he thinks his performance levels have been dipping. But he's lasting longer and longer and I think Puel is managing him quite well. Right now Maddison is one of our most important players but also has possibly the best potential out of anyone we've had in a very long time. I hope Puel can do an Henry / Trezeguet / Hazard on Maddison and take his game to the next level and so far the signs are very good.

For a 21 year old playing in his first season in the Premier League, his performance level is exceptional. Him and Ndidi are freaks! Shouldn't be that good at that age in positions on the pitch that can be the most technical and difficult to play.

Sums it up nicely :). And yes, we are so fortunate in having both of them 

• Like 1

Mentioned in Football 365. On their Top 10 players of the season so far at 9th.

https://www.football365.com/news/top-10-premier-league-players-of-the-season-so-far

9) James Maddison
Aidy Boothroyd reckons Maddison isn’t ready for the senior set up just yet. But if the 21-year-old maintains the form he has shown in the opening weeks of his maiden top-flight campaign then Gareth Southgate will surely be taking a look at the attacking midfielder before the end of the season.

Maddison made his debut at Old Trafford on the opening weekend and having climbed through the Football League to reach the top flight, the summer signing from Norwich for £25million looked immediately at home on the biggest stage. He is Leicester’s joint-top scorer with three goals and and two assists but the fact he has only finished one game suggests Boothroyd is right to suggest Maddison is ‘a late developer’.

Which begs the obvious question: how good could he be? Maybe he’s not the finished article, but with Southgate looking for a creative midfielder, Maddison must be one of the next in line for a call-up.

On 24/09/2018 at 16:10, Izzy Muzzett said:

The boy needs to sort his acne out or he ain’t gonna get the ladies.

You Jealous Bstard.

Shows what you know about women. Acne is nothing when you have loads of cash.

On 29/09/2018 at 18:31, rachhere said:

Sums it up nicely :). And yes, we are so fortunate in having both of them 

But what are we going to do without Mahrez?

On 29/09/2018 at 20:27, Vacamion said:

Love this.

Crazy picture. At first it looks like Maddison's getting past two players, then it looks like Iheanacho is trying to tackle Maddison, but then when you see the ball it looks like Iheanacho is the only one vaguely bothered about the ball and Maddison is trying to cripple Shelvey.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Crazy picture. At first it looks like Maddison's getting past two players, then it looks like Iheanacho is trying to tackle Maddison, but then when you see the ball it looks like Iheanacho is the only one vaguely bothered about the ball and Maddison is trying to cripple Shelvey.

When you zoom in it can change perspective, to me it looks like Nacho is anticipating the loose ball or a pass through and is probably 10 yards away from Madders, while Shelvey is post challenge on Madders and it looks like he got the ball.

You see loads of things in these types of images. What I used to notice years ago is whenever Iain Hume had a picture taken off him near the ball he'd have his tongue out

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Mentioned in Football 365. On their Top 10 players of the season so far at 9th.

https://www.football365.com/news/top-10-premier-league-players-of-the-season-so-far

9) James Maddison
Aidy Boothroyd reckons Maddison isn’t ready for the senior set up just yet. But if the 21-year-old maintains the form he has shown in the opening weeks of his maiden top-flight campaign then Gareth Southgate will surely be taking a look at the attacking midfielder before the end of the season.

Maddison made his debut at Old Trafford on the opening weekend and having climbed through the Football League to reach the top flight, the summer signing from Norwich for £25million looked immediately at home on the biggest stage. He is Leicester’s joint-top scorer with three goals and and two assists but the fact he has only finished one game suggests Boothroyd is right to suggest Maddison is ‘a late developer’.

Which begs the obvious question: how good could he be? Maybe he’s not the finished article, but with Southgate looking for a creative midfielder, Maddison must be one of the next in line for a call-up.

Good to see Maddison on that list and well deserved too. But is it now the law that no football article can be published without the author fawning over Wolves at some point within it?

I've no problem with Moutinho being on the list but the following excerpt from the article is a classic of its kind: "Singling out a Wolves player for inclusion was the hardest task in compiling this list. It was tough enough identifying which unit of Nuno’s side has been the most influential in their comfortable start to life back in the Premier League." Have i missed something or are Wolves actually 9th in the table having scored fewer goals than all but 5 teams? The first sentence above makes them sound like Man City from last season. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

9 hours ago, Jaspa said:

When you zoom in it can change perspective, to me it looks like Nacho is anticipating the loose ball or a pass through and is probably 10 yards away from Madders, while Shelvey is post challenge on Madders and it looks like he got the ball.

You see loads of things in these types of images. What I used to notice years ago is whenever Iain Hume had a picture taken off him near the ball he'd have his tongue out

Remember spot the ball? This would have made a good 'un.

• Haha 1

I've put in the songs topic... but though this could be a jolly one to bounce to for him!

James Maddison / Leicester - Walking on Sunshine tune,

(To the main chorus)

Watch Maddison shine - Woooooah 

Time to feel good!

(to the trumpet intro sound)

Oo la la la la la la la la lar LEICESTER!

Ooo

la la la la la la la la lar LEICESTER!

(repeat)

• Haha 1

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, berniethebolt said:

I've put in the songs topic... but though this could be a jolly one to bounce to for him!

James Maddison / Leicester - Walking on Sunshine tune,

(To the main chorus)

Time to feel good!

(to the trumpet intro sound)

Ooo

la la la la la la la la lar LEICESTER!

(repeat)

to many words

21 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Good to see Maddison on that list and well deserved too. But is it now the law that no football article can be published without the author fawning over Wolves at some point within it?

I've no problem with Moutinho being on the list but the following excerpt from the article is a classic of its kind: "Singling out a Wolves player for inclusion was the hardest task in compiling this list. It was tough enough identifying which unit of Nuno’s side has been the most influential in their comfortable start to life back in the Premier League." Have i missed something or are Wolves actually 9th in the table having scored fewer goals than all but 5 teams? The first sentence above makes them sound like Man City from last season. 

:D Correct it is the law

People need to chill a a bit over Wolves. If you look at it without the blue tinted glasses they look a really good unit, in the context of being a cut above the average promoted side. Its no wonder they are getting glowing reports and, again in the context of a promoted side, its justified and understandable.

Good luck to them, as long as we finish above them, which I'm quite comfortable on what I've seen that we will. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...