Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:17, Devonfox1884 said:

D’you reckon there’s a chance we might say to WBA pay us an extra £XXXX and we won’t recall him? Could be a ploy to get more money out of them? Cynical I know but I just don’t see us actually recalling him again while he’s developing so much there... 

Actually we’re Leicester, of course I do lol 

WBA paid a £400k loan fee up front for Barnes and I am led to believe that the contract states they will owe us a further £1m if he stays put there all season and they get promoted.

Personally, I don't think Barnes will be overly keen to come back in Jan and sit on the bench for another 5 months after last seasons "fall out" with Puel so unless he is actually going to be playing, I suspect he would rather be staying put at West Brom until the end of the season...or potentially even moving on to a PL club for the 2nd part of the season to help in their relegation fight (unconfirmed rumour!). 

11 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

WBA paid a £400k loan fee up front for Barnes and I am led to believe that the contract states they will owe us a further £1m if he stays put there all season and they get promoted.

Personally, I don't think Barnes will be overly keen to come back in Jan and sit on the bench for another 5 months after last seasons "fall out" with Puel so unless he is actually going to be playing, I suspect he would rather be staying put at West Brom until the end of the season...or potentially even moving on to a PL club for the 2nd part of the season to help in their relegation fight (unconfirmed rumour!). 

Hmmmmm....

Could shoot ourselves in the foot there :ph34r:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Harvey would do well for Newcastle if he went there. I think he would suit their style of play. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

34 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Harvey would do well for Newcastle if he went there. I think he would suit their style of play. 

Would he? They have very little of the ball and Benitez wants grafters, I think the opposite is true.

• Like 1

Baggies fan on their forum reckons they should offer us 10 million to keep him there for the rest of the season.

Sounds absolutely ridiculous but shows how important he is to them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Baggies fan on their forum reckons they should offer us 10 million to keep him there for the rest of the season.

He's one of the best number 10s in the Championship at 20. Probably worth more than 10 million anyway. Edit, the rest of the season???! Haha. Jesus. 

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:59, Tuna said:

10 million to remove a recall clause from a 1-year loan deal that's already halfway through, when it would already be mutually benefical for us not to recall him?

If they offer even a tenth of that we should absolutely snap their hands off. Free money.

6 hours ago, Xen said:

10 million to remove a recall clause from a 1-year loan deal that's already halfway through, when it would already be mutually benefical for us not to recall him?

If they offer even a tenth of that we should absolutely snap their hands off. Free money.

I wonder if we'd threaten it to get more money out of them. It'd be a dick move. But such are business deals sometimes.

It's been said before but if we really did use him I wouldn't mind him being recalled: recall Benkovic to give Maguire a new partner, buy Clyne to shore up right back and recall Barnes for a better attacking threat. 

If he reaches a plateau of improvement at West Brom by January then sure recall him for a Prem loan or if we think we will use him ourselves over our already fairly decent attacking players.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I wonder if we'd threaten it to get more money out of them. It'd be a dick move. But such are business deals sometimes.

It's been said before but if we really did use him I wouldn't mind him being recalled: recall Benkovic to give Maguire a new partner, buy Clyne to shore up right back and recall Barnes for a better attacking threat. 

If he reaches a plateau of improvement at West Brom by January then sure recall him for a Prem loan or if we think we will use him ourselves over our already fairly decent attacking players.

Some very good points made here.

In theory, recalling these two could save us Millions.  Clyne may be worth adding, but no one else 'new' needs to come in the next window which we all know is always extremely difficult.  Need to shift a few out though.

Benkovic he must surely be recalled as we need CB's that are mobile and stick around the for the whole 90 minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Langston said:

Not sure I get the clamour in some parts to recall him and give him a Prem loan. Surely he'd develop more in an attacking West Brom side, that play to his strengths, he's clearly settled and playing week in, week out – than move to a Huddersfield, Newcastle or Cardiff, lose most weeks and play pretty turgid football.

A lower level sure, but he'll be full of confidence.

It's a fair point. He'll only make a decent prem loan if he goes to a club that are decent defensively, are making chances but are sorely missing a decent attacking midfielder.

5 hours ago, Langston said:

Not sure I get the clamour in some parts to recall him and give him a Prem loan. Surely he'd develop more in an attacking West Brom side, that play to his strengths, he's clearly settled and playing week in, week out – than move to a Huddersfield, Newcastle or Cardiff, lose most weeks and play pretty turgid football.

A lower level sure, but he'll be full of confidence.

Still doesn't sound right lol

• Haha 1