Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It seems quite surprising that we're willing to let 3 CM's go and only have Ndidi, Mendy and Choudhury realistically available. James has been fit collectively for about 4 months in 4 years for us. Especially as we now seem intent on playing 4-3-3.

I think it's a bit shortsighted too. We'd have three defensive midfielders. Plus one who has about ten games before an injury. Maddison who could drop back but Puel's never played him like before. And then one academy DM, Sheif, who's doing okay in the u23. I'd at least keep one of Iborra or Silva, ideally Iborra. Edit, I guess there is Amartey but I'm not too convinced.

Edited by Foxxed

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah that's it, it's all Puel's fault. We have no idea what the contract actually says, whether there is a specific date the recall option becomes active etc.

There was an article about a Chelsea player the other day and his contract stipulated that the recall became active on the 14th.

Now you've gone and added common sense and implied that the club as a whole know a little bit more than the supporters in what they're doing!  You're going to cop for it now! ?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I think it's a bit shortsighted too. We'd have three defensive midfielders. Plus one who has about ten games before an injury. Maddison who could drop back but Puel's never played him like before. And then one academy DM, Sheif, who's doing okay in the u23. I'd at least keep one of Iborra or Silva, ideally Iborra. Edit, I guess there is Amartey but I'm not too convinced.

Whilst running a multi million pound business, they've  probably not even got the nous to have noticed or considered that or, just like Balderick,  they've probably got a cunning plan and just decided not to announce it on this forum. 

When it comes to injuries, a fully-fit James is like a 'fully-fit Wilshere' in that it seems like you're only ever going to get a good few games out of them before they're crocked again. They then become more of a liability to the team as you never know when they might pull up again or not be available. 

• Like 2

James doesn't offer enough even when he's not injured, he keeps the ball well but doesn't offer much going forwards at all. Not connived he's mobile enough to be a DM anymore either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I can't believe that, would surely be mental? I know Puel is Pearsonesque in liking a very small squad, but unless there is another option we don't know of yet in the squad he'd surely want 4 plus James who is clearly a risk.

He has been know to play albrighton there before and maybe Maddison could play CM too.

Not ideal for me, but you can clearly see his been give the task of reshaping the squad and reducing the wage bill. One of the reason I don't think he's under pressure as he's not only keep us in a health position, but also ruthlessly going about the task of sort out the mess left by messers Shakespeare and Ranieri.

I can see some heavy investment in the squad in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He has been know to play albrighton there before and maybe Maddison could play CM too.

Not ideal for me, but you can clearly see his been give the task of reshaping the squad and reducing the wage bill. One of the reason I don't think he's under pressure as he's not only keep us in a health position, but also ruthlessly going about the task of sort out the mess left by messers Shakespeare and Ranieri.

I can see some heavy investment in the squad in the summer. 

Premiership_trophy.jpg

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

14 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Premiership_trophy.jpg

Yes they were both key to the most amazing achievement, However their purchases post title win were pretty dreadful.

Ron-Robert Zieler           

Ahmed Musa.         

Nampalys Mendy

Bartosz Kapustka,

Islam Slimani 

Wilfred Ndidi

£75 million +  spent only two of whom are likely to be at the club post this summer. 

Harry Maguire 

Vicente Iborra Sevilla

Jakupović 

Kelechi Iheanacho 

Adrien Silva

£79 million spent + spent only two of whom are likely to be at the club post this summer. 

£154 million spent, not including signing on fees and wages 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’m being thick here who’s Seni?

Nickname for Diabate I think

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

Yet was always first choice ahead of Drinkwater when he was fit or not suspended.

True, but we were bottom of the league the entire time James was first choice over Drinkwater. 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’m being thick here who’s Seni?

Ayrton Seni I think, used to play for Mclaren. If I can be of further help, feel free.......

(Sorry, bored to tears after Shit Beasts and where to find them, last nights Luther, now Casualty)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes they were both key to the most amazing achievement, However their purchases post title win were pretty dreadful.

Ron-Robert Zieler           

Ahmed Musa.         

Nampalys Mendy

Bartosz Kapustka,

Islam Slimani 

Wilfred Ndidi

£75 million +  spent only two of whom are likely to be at the club post this summer. 

Harry Maguire 

Vicente Iborra Sevilla

Jakupović 

Kelechi Iheanacho 

Adrien Silva

£79 million spent + spent only two of whom are likely to be at the club post this summer. 

£154 million spent, not including signing on fees and wages 

Hmmmm.

Maguire value now is 75 Mill. 

Iborra leaving for 15.8 Mill

Jukupovic maybe 3 mill.

Adrian Silva 15 Mill.

Ndidi is worth 50 Mill +

Ihanacho bad season still worth 15 Mill.

Silimani. 8Mill.

Kaputska 5Mill.

Mendy 25 Mill.

Musa sold for 16Mill.

Robert Ron Zieler 3.5 Mill.

Total- 231.3 Mill.

It's not all doom and gloom it's business on let's not forget.

Mahrez 400k sold for 70 mill.

New total 301.3 Mill.

That actually leaves us with a profit of.......      

147.3 Million.

Absolutely fantastic business from the club.

Some work out some do not.

All in all we have had better success at buying players and selling players.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1