Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Absolutely delighted Spurs have gone through, no chance of winning the thing!!

Yet had they dropped into the Europa they would have actually had a reasonable chance of putting an actual trophy in the cabinet.....next to the dvd....and the possesion stats

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolutely delighted Spurs have gone through, no chance of winning the thing!!

Yet had they dropped into the Europa they would have actually had a reasonable chance of putting an actual trophy in the cabinet.....next to the dvd....and the possesion stats

Lol

I know we love to slate Spurs but I feel that playing (and getting a result) against a European giant like Barca was the one minor thing missing from our Euro adventure. Dont get me wrong, Atletico and Sevilla are great teams and Sevilla were a great scalp but still...

Just now, Nalis said:

I know we love to slate Spurs but I feel that playing (and getting a result) against a European giant like Barca was the one minor thing missing from our Euro adventure. Dont get me wrong, Atletico and Sevilla are great teams and Sevilla were a great scalp but still...

Meh, they didnt beat them. And it wasnt full strength Barca in a game that mattered for Barca. Its a very Spursy way to get a result against a great team

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

**** off Mane.

got Liverpool -1 and you've missed about 13 sitters.

Talented, but the IQ of a gnat. His decision making is worse than Nacho.

Misses chance after chance then tries and score a meaningless goal In injury time. Should have rounded the keeper and gone into the corner with the ball, that would have shown a bit of nouse. He scores and gives Napoli possession for one last Hail Mary, which if they score knocks Liverpool out.  The scouse fans in the pub were not impressed with her m. 

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

The same Seville side that had won the Europa cup three seasons on the trot previously and dismantling Liverpool in the process.  Please don't belittle your clubs progress in the Champions league.  Spurs drew with a weakened Barcelona team that had already qualified.  If Coutinhos two shots had gone in instead of hitting the post Spurs would be out.

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

Atletico Madrid would be one of the giants of this decade though.

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

The same Seville side that had won the Europa cup three seasons on the trot previously and dismantling Liverpool in the process.  Please don't belittle your clubs progress in the Champions league.  Spurs drew with a weakened Barcelona team that had already qualified.  If Coutinhos two shots had gone in instead of hitting the post Spurs would be out.

don’t think he was belittling it by saying we didn’t beat anyone good, just merely pointing out that considering we got to the last 8 we didn’t quite manage a tie against a full on “giant”. 

didnt take anything away away from the experience for me, but could see why there would be a better “story” to tell kids and grandkids if we’d have put up a fight with wes morgan marking messi and suarez or vardy skinning chiellini and slotting one past buffon etc. 

but had that draw happened we’d have gone out a lot earlier like spurs do every year, so swings and roundabouts 

19 hours ago, Nalis said:

Atlético at the time were a fantastic team, actually they still are.

It was a great Champions League campaign, with some great games against Sevilla and Atlético towards the end.

13 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Kramaric :wub:

They had him off us as a strugling Bundesliga side didn't they? Looking to save their 15/16 season, three years later he's banging them in away at Man Chitty and also being one of the main men for a World Cup Final international side