Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Needs to go out on loan

....he might just find his feet in a different system, but what happens when he comes back?

Coming back to a system that does not suit him would just put him back at square one. His perceived style of play is nothing like what we are playing and after all this time he has not changed his style to accommodate the way we set up (4-2-3-1) to play.

He needs to either change the way he plays or stick to what he believes is his natural style (which he will need to find a club who will embrace his attributes). I think he will  justify his value away from us and as long as we can reclaim the majority of his fee, it would be best for all concerned. With the "clause" in situ, Man. City technically has first refusal but I doubt they will be rushing to give us our money back.

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

4 goals over 2 seasons is diabolical (the end of season games against Arsenal and Spurs are almost irrelevant).

It says it all that Slimani seems like a viable option.

...those too games are important, as they were played in a different way in contrast to the previous games that season. High tempo and attempted to squeeze the opposition with support coming from midfield with additional players getting into the box, occupying defenders allowing him to poach in the box as that is his forte.

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

The last time we bought a prolific striker that has been successful with us was 2012 lol 

Ulloa, whilst maybe not prolific as such, was very successful for us. But I take your point, our track record of striker purchases in the last few years makes for grim reading.

I dont know how you light a fire under his ass but the petulant workrate bothers me far more than the egregious first touch. 

Mercurial personalities for strikers works when the results excuse them, that's not happening here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree, but if he can neither play

as a lone striker or have the ability to play off the main striker, then his chances are going to be seriously limited anywhere as not many teams play a traditional 442 and there's no guarantee he'd be any good then unless he's at a Man City where the players are so good, they can put the ball at his feet without him having to use any energy or god forgive, his brain to get in an appropriate position. Realistically,  the  Man City's of this world are now light years beyond needing a player of his lowly capabilities. He doesn't look as if he's even trying and that makes me doubt his attitude and commitment. 

This is why I expect he will be sold or loaned out at the end of the season and will drop down to a smaller club. Very frustrating to see and it has to be especially galling for the manager who sold two other strikers to ensure a young player got his chance!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is why I expect he will be sold or loaned out at the end of the season and will drop down to a smaller club. Very frustrating to see and it has to be especially galling for the manager who sold two other strikers to ensure a young player got his chance!

Finally we got same opinion, although I want him to get loaned out this january. 

I was excited when we first signed him. However Nacho really does offer nothing for a team like us. He doesn’t come short to take the ball, he doesn’t hold the ball up and he doesn’t offer to run in behind or down the channels. He seems to literally stand next to centre backs for the whole game. I’d love to ask him what he thinks he does well and what he offers the team.

Maybe he can finish as his Man City stats suggest but he isn’t going to get 10 passes across the goal like that with us. We need to sign a new striker, who though is the question.£55 million down the drain with him and Slimani. 

Afraid that was it for me,he's had long enough now and to play like that against the bottom team,its his attitude and laziness that doesn't help him.

In all the strikers defence who have come it must be a hard show to follow Vardy.We are a bit like Tottenham with Kane,who will ever go in there and live in his shadow.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly and nacho has pissed that away.

No point is wishing it were different. .... his first touch is poor so he is always rushed and struggling. He don't run with the ball he kicks it 10m and then races after it. .its like shuv hapenny.  And doesnt draw the tackle.

Its a no.... we all know it.

We should never buy any player without these skills... they are compulsory in the pl.

22 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Afraid that was it for me,he's had long enough now and to play like that against the bottom team,its his attitude and laziness that doesn't help him.

Agreed. Shinji is loved because he runs his arse off and tries his best and of course has the best smile ever!

Nacho has none of these things ?

• Like 1

I’m not sure what he’s shown that would justify him ever starting another game for us. Sometimes you have to admit a player isn’t willing to adjust their game to your system and bin them. I was excited at his signing but it seems I paid as much attention to his all round game as the scouts did because he isn’t suited to a team that needs to work for their chances. 

That buy back clause must have had City laughing all round Manchester because Pep clearly knew this guy had no work ethic and they would never buy him back. All it did was increase the price to us amd try and drum up interest from other clubs to do the same

the saddest thing is he doesn’t seem able to look within himself and see he isn’t affecting games at all with his current style of play  

But of course he’s young and does loads on Instagram so we have to retain faith in him 

On 19/11/2018 at 11:10, Crispin LA said:

Pep Guardola found out he wasn't that good for Man city and got rid, if Kelechi doesn't want to put the elbow grease in, he may come come to regret it several years down the line when he becomes a nobody. 

But hay he's still young and I hope he bulks down and improves his attitude and football touch.

Edin Dzeko was deemed not good enough for Man City and that's a man that has 50+ goals in the Bundesliga, Premier League and now the Serie A.

Their level of 'not good enough' is completely different to everyone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I really don’t like scapegoating players but even so, I’m struggling to say anything positive about him. 

There are a lot of things you could point to regarding the negative performance last night but the way Nacho lumbered around for 90 minutes was almost unforgivable and I don't know how Puel kept him on the pitch. Midway through the second half I would've literally preferred to see any other player replace him (Gray, Iborra, Ricardo, even Danny Ward!). 

You would think that he would be keen to impress and at least put a bit of a shift in for ten minutes or so... he was just walking in between the two centre backs for the entirety of the game. It clearly wasn't working and not once did he think to try and drop deep to affect the game, or make a run in behind. 

I really want him to do well but I think he should be loaned out in January if possible and we should bring in a cheap striker to replace him, don't really care who it is as long as he's willing to work a little bit.

Really want it to happen for him, but he's just not coming close to doing anything. 

Had another huge chance to impress last night against a dodgy back 4 and would not put himself about. The one-on-one he wasted set the tone for his performance. Hardly touched the ball after that and it was like the 3rd minute.

Edited by RonnieTodger

He is a support striker, he hasn't the game for the line striker role. This season he's made a number of assists but we badly need a more dynamic forward. I'd not be opposed to selling him. In the summer we could well need 2-3 new forwards and a winger.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

He’s an attacker. If he doesn’t get any service, it’s up to him to make something happen. Go and get the ball! Make an effort! He can’t spend his life hoping the ball drops to him. He’s just a lazy cvnt.

It always amazes me how certain players are called lazy because of their style and so often it's black players - There seems to be a racist slant on that.

Over the years our biggest excuse for Vardy has been his lack of service, strange how that can't apply to Iheanacho too.

To me it's clear that Iheanacho is a class player. He's just turned 22. so very young and nowhere near his best years yet, however he's already playing and scoring in the highest level of football. I'm sure even you will agree that the messiah partnership of Vardy and Mahrez were NOWHERE near his level at age 22. They couldn't even get into the professional leagues at this stage of their careers.

Perhaps look at the bigger picture.

12 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Look at Harry Kan, he makes his own chances and scores regularly! 

but he didn't when he was 22.

He was right shit at Leicester.

Still if the golden boot world cup winner is the standard that players have to be held to, what chance do any of our players have. Apart from Shinji who is obviously better than Kane.