Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Maybe we should be looking at a loan deal to cover us for the rest of the season.  Pinch Abrahams from Villa maybe?  I'm sure Chelsea would prefer him to be playing in the Premier League.

A loan deal, if it can be arranged, has to be a consideration. There'll be someone out there in January, not having a great time at their club, that may be invigorated by a new environment. Or a player who's parent club want game time for. It'll be a risk, whoever it is. 

However, if, for the sake of argument, we do have a very poor run of results in December, I wouldn't want to go into the 2nd half of the season with the current options we have. I know the rebuttal to that is that we've scored in almost every game but our options really appear paper thin. This league is big business, can we afford not to have further back up if Vardy were to be out for a sustained period? I'd suggest not.

31 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree, it looks like we need a new striker.  The trouble is, how do we buy anyone good that is happy to sit on the bench when Vardy is fit?

Maybe we should be looking at a loan deal to cover us for the rest of the season.  Pinch Abrahams from Villa maybe?  I'm sure Chelsea would prefer him to be playing in the Premier League.

Its a tough one .. someone that is already performing is not going to come to us and be benched. Would be lovely to find someone off the radar who is young and up and coming, but tough ask. 

A loan deal would be good.. in fact a really good option. 

Iheanacho is awful. Sell.

Man City completely had our pants down here. I bet he's on ridiculous money as well.

Players obviously develop over time but Iheanacho hasn't even shown signs he'll come close to me. He is more often than not absolutely awful.

We won't shift him in January but fingers crossed we get an alternative in. He's such a comedown from Vardy it is unbelievable.

• Like 2

Iheanacho Situation is really hard to manage. Last season we successfully develop the likes of gray and Chilwell by play them week in week out. Chilwell did made mistake, but there's kasper, maguire, who will cover so not all of the mistake result goal concede

Gray, also made some mistake but we have vardy and mahrez. 

This season, if nacho didn't do well, we didn't have another goal getter. Vardy is struggling with finishing couple times, madison score some but surely more creator than goal scorer. Both winger aren't goal. Scorer as well. 

We can't afford to give him week in week out game like the previous 2 without directly affect our team performance unfortunately. 

He need to get loaned out, but then, we have no adequate goal getter targets atm. 

I wish we could find one then loan nacho out but it's seems unlikely 

7 hours ago, treer said:

you making me laugh now, we are a top 10 side at worst, Abraham is nowhere near the standard required. Jesus wept.

Oh I don't know, there's a player in there somewhere.

(shudder)

The thing is, I'm just talking about a short term loan to cover to the end of the season, we're not likely to get top quality unless we buy it .  Abrahams, seems to me a fair choice.  I'm not sure he is "nowhere near the standard required"  but I suppose all we need to ask ourselves is whether he is up to Iheanacho's standard.  I'd say, at the moment, he is at a higher standard.

Anyway, I don't think Chelsea would uproot him for a bit part role here anyway.  Happy to hear any better ideas?

Edited by murphy

Just now, murphy said:

Oh I don't know, there's a player in there somewhere.

(shudder)

The thing is, I'm just talking about a short term loan to cover to the end of the season, we're not likely to get top quality unless we buy it .  Abrahams, seems to me a fair choice.  II'm not sure he is "nowhere near the standard required"  but I suppose all we just need to ask ourselves whether he is up to Iheanacho's standard.  I'd say, at the moment, he is at a better standard.

Anyway, I don't think CHelsea would uproot him for a bit part tole here anyway.  Happy to hear any better ideas?

The thought of a 4-6 week injury for JV after a poor December for the team is extremely concerning. I'd take a chance on a loanee but I guess I wouldn't be spending my money so that's easy to say.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

The thought of a 4-6 week injury for JV after a poor December for the team is extremely concerning. I'd take a chance on a loanee but I guess I wouldn't be spending my money so that's easy to say.

Well that's just it, it is the best value for money solution IMO.  What I don't want to see is another Ghezzal type situation where we spend £12m on mediocrity to fill a hole and then end up having to buy again further down the road.

11 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Loaned out? We have 2 forwards and Shinzi to play one position? Lol 

hopefully people mean 

loan or sign someone in ? 

Why does this keep happening? We're looking for more forward options, not less.

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well that's just it, it is the best value for money solution IMO.  What I don't want to see is another Ghezzal type situation where we spend £12m on mediocrity to fill a hole and then end up having to buy again further down the road.

Yeah, the Ghezzal one seemed strange at the time  and still does. 

Edited by Max Wall

Big worry at the moment. Low on confidence, doesn't appear to work that hard and his first touch has either deserted him or he simply never had one.

He was a big money signing who at present is failing to deliver. Whilst the top sides can afford a big money signing not to work, we can't.

As it stands we have no cover for Vardy who looks like they can score goals reliably. We are currently 2 attacking option injuries away from a crisis.

I don't think we should write Iheanacho off. He needs games to get better. At the minute, I feel he doesn't suit a lone striker role when service is almost non-existent. Vardy doesn't look much better in the same role. The only thing Vardy offers on top of Iheanacho is pace and probably slightly better finishing.

Yes Iheanacho was pretty poor on Wednesday and certainly should have scored. With a bit of game time under his belt and confidence I am sure he can become a good option for us.

Vardy was awful when he first played for us and people have eaten their words since.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Iheanacho is awful. Sell.

Man City completely had our pants down here. I bet he's on ridiculous money as well.

Players obviously develop over time but Iheanacho hasn't even shown signs he'll come close to me. He is more often than not absolutely awful.

We won't shift him in January but fingers crossed we get an alternative in. He's such a comedown from Vardy it is unbelievable.

I was delighted when we were first linked with him - he really looked like someone to take us to the next level and all the hoo ha about image rights and buy backs just fuelled that expectation. What a complete let down , that move in the first couple of minutes against Fulham was well crafted and he showed no strikers instincts at all . He just seems slow moving and slow thinking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think we should write Iheanacho off. He needs games to get better. At the minute, I feel he doesn't suit a lone striker role when service is almost non-existent. Vardy doesn't look much better in the same role. The only thing Vardy offers on top of Iheanacho is pace and probably slightly better finishing.

Yes Iheanacho was pretty poor on Wednesday and certainly should have scored. With a bit of game time under his belt and confidence I am sure he can become a good option for us.

Vardy was awful when he first played for us and people have eaten their words since.

You missed desire, intelligence (most underrated Vardy trait, his runs are so smart), selflessness, hard work and pressing.

I hate the last comparison as well, are we going to harp back to Vardy every time we have a shit striker in the hope he might come good? Vardy came from the non league, it isn't comparable to relate his start here to Musa, Slimani or anyone else unless they are from the same situation.

Iheanacho came from Man City after being coached by Pep Guardiola with all the facilities and expertise that the advantages of that will give you, Vardy came from Fleetwood Town.

Someone summed his situation up perfectly not so long ago.... basically he hasn’t worked here, and he will never work. He’s not the type of striker we need. Best thing to do is offload him in the summer, unless we can somehow bring a striker in, in January who is worthy of a first team place. You’ve seen players in Kalechi’s position before, when they don’t work at a club they simply don’t work... we don’t have the quality, luxury or time to attempt to build a team around him.

3 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Someone summed his situation up perfectly not so long ago.... basically he hasn’t worked here, and he will never work. He’s not the type of striker we need. Best thing to do is offload him in the summer, unless we can somehow bring a striker in, in January who is worthy of a first team place. You’ve seen players in Kalechi’s position before, when they don’t work at a club they simply don’t work... we don’t have the quality, luxury or time to attempt to build a team around him.

How is that a perfect summation?  Its a bog standard stock argument people toss out to most new signings.  Pretty sure its been said of Mendy

Nacho is not an out and out striker anyway.  Plays so much better when not asked to lead the line like Vardy does.  He has said before he prefers the number 10 role and the promising signs from him show that he can pick a pass and can finish.

It may actually be that Nacho doesnt work out here, but I dont think selling him in the summer is necessarily the right thing to do, still so young, still so much potential

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

You missed desire, intelligence (most underrated Vardy trait, his runs are so smart), selflessness, hard work and pressing.

I hate the last comparison as well, are we going to harp back to Vardy every time we have a shit striker in the hope he might come good? Vardy came from the non league, it isn't comparable to relate his start here to Musa, Slimani or anyone else unless they are from the same situation.

Iheanacho came from Man City after being coached by Pep Guardiola with all the facilities and expertise that the advantages of that will give you, Vardy came from Fleetwood Town.

Whilst I agree with you in the main, Vardy also came into a lower division and whatever the circumstances, it did take time and I think the lesson is to not judge too quickly.  It's hard with Nacho, it looks to me like it is a confidence thing, he seems to be one of those that needs encouragement rather than harsh words.  I am not saying blindly keep him forever no matter what but he is still young and has shown flashes of promise.  He also has more assists than anyone else in the squad this season.  The problem is we literally have one first choice striker and if he is out all the pressure is on Nacho.  If he were third choice and could be eased in I think we might be more patient.  A loan might be a good idea.  I want him to succeed.  We'll see.  X

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 09.13.27.png

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

How is that a perfect summation?  Its a bog standard stock argument people toss out to most new signings.  Pretty sure its been said of Mendy

Nacho is not an out and out striker anyway.  Plays so much better when not asked to lead the line like Vardy does.  He has said before he prefers the number 10 role and the promising signs from him show that he can pick a pass and can finish.

It may actually be that Nacho doesnt work out here, but I dont think selling him in the summer is necessarily the right thing to do, still so young, still so much potential

That's the trouble.  He's not a new signing anymore. 

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's the trouble.  He's not a new signing anymore. 

Thats true. But he's not had a proper run in the team, and at times he has looked like he is improving, just never quite kicked on. With his injury at the start of last season he's really only had about 1 season with us.

Seeing as he's been in and out of the team there are still lots of question marks around him