Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Can I ask how it’s clear he’s a class player ? 

I think the fee and his former club totally skews some people’s view of him. I appreciate you must have talent to come through the ranks at city but they obviously deemed him to be surplus to requirements. If say we hadn’t of signed him from city, we signed him from the Portuguese or any other league I’m sure this perception of class wouldn’t be felt.

i really struggle to see what he offers to the team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Can I ask how it’s clear he’s a class player ? 

I think the fee and his former club totally skews some people’s view of him. I appreciate you must have talent to come through the ranks at city but they obviously deemed him to be surplus to requirements. If say we hadn’t of signed him from city, we signed him from the Portuguese or any other league I’m sure this perception of class wouldn’t be felt.

i really struggle to see what he offers to the team. 

I think this is spot on, he's no good at hold up play, he's meant to be a grand poacher but his finishing is usually off, I really struggle to see what his good qualities are

The general consensus is he is either lazy or he is young and needs more time. My perspective is its the latter. But the problem is and its why he is getting so much stick is he isnt an out an out striker. Thats fine, but when Vardy is injured or perhaps will need resting, we pretty much have no one else. So he gets stuck in the hole doesn't score & the forum is up in arms.

Our options currently are limited.

• Shinji who can do a great job as impact sub but it never seems to work when he starts.
  • Gray, well we have all seen that this isnt what he is best at.
  • Slimani recall (if its even possible) he started well, decent stats to game time to goal ratio, but i dont think there were many that was dissapointed in the summer when he went out on loan.
  • Barnes recall.. Doing great at West Brom, but isnt he best left there and is he even any good in this position?
  • A new striker in January.

FWIW, the last option for me really is a must. We get a new striker (target man if you like) and we slowly bring on Nacho in his preferred position. Whether that means loaning him out or playing him in a 2 with the new guy, i dont know. Sadly thats not going to help us now :( 

Edit;- we could always try Shinji and Nacho together, have we done that before? 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
to add last paragraph
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

I remember when Vardy first arrived and everyone claimed he’s the cr@pest player ever to sign for the club because he couldn’t control a bag of cement. He didn’t turn out too bad

One was coming up three divisions from the non league.

One came from being coached by Pep Guardiola.

If we hadn't paid 28 million for him everyone would have given up by now.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

One was coming up three divisions from the non league.

One came from being coached by Pep Guardiola.

If we hadn't paid 28 million for him everyone would have given up by now.

I think the fact that Pep was more than prepared to let him go speaks volumes.

I know I'm floggin' a dead horse but we don't seem to do our homework before buying players. Nacho looks to be another example of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

I remember when Vardy first arrived and everyone claimed he’s the cr@pest player ever to sign for the club because he couldn’t control a bag of cement. He didn’t turn out too bad

Not saying nacho will become great like Vardy but if we’re patient he might be awesome.

We can't keep using Vardy for comparison for every player that fails here.  For every Vardy, there are dozens of flops.

Iheanacho is young, but he came here as an international with a reputation and was signed to play.  He continues to frustrate and his body language is not good.   Maybe he just has a languid style and maybe the accusations of laziness are unfair, but maybe they're not.

He needs to make something happen or else a promising talent might see his career start to fizzle out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Both have just 1 goal in the league this season so that sounds about fair.  

in 60% of the minutes while adding a hat trick against shaktar  in the champions league. Both have scored against League 1 clubs in the cup.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

Just now, Silebyfox_89 said:

Jury's still out on him personally not covering himself in glory at the moment. He really needs to step up and take his chances when Vardy is out the team, maybe a new striker in January might keep him on his arse

Edited for you.

He looks half asleep un motivated not sure anymore if he has what it takes to be a top player. The lad can finish but his all round play is poor he also seems to coast through games. Maybe playing in formation that lets you play two strikers suits him more.

9 minutes ago, tetly said:

He looks half asleep un motivated not sure anymore if he has what it takes to be a top player. The lad can finish but his all round play is poor he also seems to coast through games. Maybe playing in formation that lets you play two strikers suits him more.

I completely agree. He would be much better in a front two of Vardy and Okazaki.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The general consensus is he is either lazy or he is young and needs more time. My perspective is its the latter. But the problem is and its why he is getting so much stick is he isnt an out an out striker. Thats fine, but when Vardy is injured or perhaps will need resting, we pretty much have no one else. So he gets stuck in the hole doesn't score & the forum is up in arms.

Our options currently are limited.

• Shinji who can do a great job as impact sub but it never seems to work when he starts.
  • Gray, well we have all seen that this isnt what he is best at.
  • Slimani recall (if its even possible) he started well, decent stats to game time to goal ratio, but i dont think there were many that was dissapointed in the summer when he went out on loan.
  • Barnes recall.. Doing great at West Brom, but isnt he best left there and is he even any good in this position?
  • A new striker in January.

FWIW, the last option for me really is a must. We get a new striker (target man if you like) and we slowly bring on Nacho in his preferred position. Whether that means loaning him out or playing him in a 2 with the new guy, i dont know. Sadly thats not going to help us now :( 

Edit;- we could always try Shinji and Nacho together, have we done that before? 

I agree, it looks like we need a new striker.  The trouble is, how do we buy anyone good that is happy to sit on the bench when Vardy is fit?

Maybe we should be looking at a loan deal to cover us for the rest of the season.  Pinch Abrahams from Villa maybe?  I'm sure Chelsea would prefer him to be playing in the Premier League.

Just as a side note, could we please have a fine system for over used FT cliches like "There's a player in there somewhere"?  That is a particularly irritating phrase that keeps cropping up (shows how many players we have with very hidden talents).   Makes my teeth itch.