Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Over 70 million spent by the club on Slimani, Nacho and Musa

Let that sink in a little while.....

No longer can we laugh at other clubs over-spending. We’ve done some decent business since we won the title, but we’ve done some terrible business too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No longer can we laugh at other clubs over-spending. We’ve done some decent business since we won the title, but we’ve done some terrible business too.

Good job you left Silva out Col or it would start to look quite bad, almost as if someone didn't know what they were doing at that time ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RoboFox said:

He hasn't got long to pull his thumb out of his a*se, that's for sure. 

In his fleeting appearances over the last few months he hasn't even looked anything like a professional footballer, let alone someone totally devoid of confidence and seemingly terrified of playing. The crowd getting on his back certainly doesn't help, but it's a catch 22. They want to see effort and commitment.

I'm beginning to wonder whether he's really just totally dogsh*t, and that he's just blagged it thus far.

Maybe Pep had it sussed straight away and Man City have been laughing ever since he joined us.

My biggest fear.

This has been every bit as bad a signing as Slimani so far. Worse in-fact. Slimani did produce the goods for us in a couple of games when the game was level and he made the difference. Iheanacho has scored against generally awful sides bar those two at the end of last season.

When your national manager is digging you out like that as well it's not a good look.

I'm starting to fear that he's going to be viewed in future as one of these joke players. Bloke frequently looks totally out of his depth playing for us.

I'd be more sympathetic if you felt he gave a shit but I'm not convinced he does. There's plenty to back that argument up.

Rodgers will be the judge here but I can see him being binned quickly at this rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

“It’s not good enough to be funny all the time “  so Nacho is a bit of a joker , who knew ? 

Was going to mention this! In another article it quotes "Iheanacho is the life and soul of the dressing room with City and Nigeria"  Maybe Spider Man was Nacho!

He looks a right miserable git whenever I've seen him...

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Was going to mention this! In another article it quotes "Iheanacho is the life and soul of the dressing room with City and Nigeria"  Maybe Spider Man was Nacho!

He looks a right miserable git whenever I've seen him...

Go on the players Instagram and you'll see what they mean . Seems like the other City players think he is a good laugh .

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Some have not liked by harsh assessment of Nacho. Well I can only judge him on what I've seen, his application, demonstrated motivation etc etc. The conclusion I come to is quite simple really.

Haven’t seen what you posted but it can’t be much worse than what I’ve said ...   :)    I don’t mind as long as players puts in some effort but I’m not seeing (or hearing) that from him.   I really doubt a new manager will suddenly make a difference to his game/attitude but who knows ...   I’d say now he’d  be better off seeing a psychologist rather than running round  a training ground every day. 

16 hours ago, surrifox said:

“It’s not good enough to be funny all the time “  so Nacho is a bit of a joker , who knew ? 

Yes indeed, who knew, though seemingly it appears to be true. I think Rodgers conversation with him needs to be on the lines of 'Stop pissing about, you're paid to play football, not the clown. Wake up because your career is very quickly going down the shitter!  The fact that you're international manager is making comments in the press and you're not getting a game here is called a clue, the problem is with you. Get your arse into gear, show me you can work or your on your way son, you're a complete shambles of an excuse of a footballer at the moment so wake up! If you work hard I'll back you and if up to standard, I'll pick you, if you don't I'll burn you. You have until the end of the season to prove yourself!

An arm round the shoulder doesn't work for lazy wankers that just want to shamble about using their clowning as an excuse for their incompetence. If he doesn't improve before the end of the season then for me he needs to go. It could serve to reinforce the fact that Rodgers can be tough and expects full commitment from his players. Once he Slimani and Silva have gone it will remove the stench of bad, expensive and ill researched transfers of the past. Time to move on. At least Pearson used to try and look at more than just the footballing ability of a player.

Sometimes some egotistical managers think that they can get a tune out of certain players where otherwise managers have seemingly failed thinking that they are better. Ferguson for example usually got rid of anyone who he felt was causing a problem and there's a list of them. Rodgers however signed Ballotelli and I would hope to think that he learned from that. Nacho has had more than a chance.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes indeed, who knew, though seemingly it appears to be true. I think Rodgers conversation with him needs to be on the lines of 'Stop pissing about, you're paid to play football, not the clown. Wake up because your career is very quickly going down the shitter!  The fact that you're international manager is making comments in the press and you're not getting a game here is called a clue, the problem is with you. Get your arse into gear, show me you can work or your on your way son, you're a complete shambles of an excuse of a footballer at the moment so wake up! If you work hard I'll back you and if up to standard, I'll pick you, if you don't I'll burn you. You have until the end of the season to prove yourself!

An arm round the shoulder doesn't work for lazy wankers that just want to shambles about using their clowning as an excuse for their incompetence. If he doesn't improve before the end of the season then for me he needs to go. It could serve to reinforce the fact that Rodgers can be tough and expects full commitment from his players. Once he Slimani and Silva have gone it will remove the stench of bad, expensive and ill researched transfers of the past. Time to move on. At least Pearson used to try and look at more than just the footballing ability of a player.

Sometimes some egotistical managers think that they can get a tune out of certain players where otherwise managers have seemingly failed thinking that they are better. Ferguson for example usually got rid of anyone who he felt was causing a problem and there's a list of them. Rodgers however signed Ballotelli and I would hope to think that he learned from that. Nacho has had more than a chance.

Hopefully, this is the point where Nacho realises he needs to pull his finger out and can't keep relying on the "great-prospect from Man City" tag and start to show what all the hype was about. Think he really needs a summer, like JV had a year after signing for us, where he works on his pace, strength and get the ability to start to buzz around the top of the pitch rather than have things put on a plate for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Hopefully, this is the point where Nacho realises he needs to pull his finger out and can't keep relying on the "great-prospect from Man City" tag and start to show what all the hype was about. Think he really needs a summer, like JV had a year after signing for us, where he works on his pace, strength and get the ability to start to buzz around the top of the pitch rather than have things put on a plate for him. 

I agree but he arrived here in August 2017 and whilst some players need time to settle in,  he's only come from Manchester not Nigeria. If his national manager has voiced his concerns about lack of commitment and combine that with his inability to get in the team here after what in August will be 2 years, I think he's had enough time. There are many that offer excuses that he can't play off the main striker or be a loan one so what do we do? When has been given the number 9 role he's looked crap and clueless. Unless he vastly improves by the end of the season, for me, he needs to take his endearing personality elsewhere, we need a footballer not a clown and he's clogging up a squad spot and probably being paid a fortune.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Some have not liked by harsh assessment of Nacho. Well I can only judge him on what I've seen, his application, demonstrated motivation etc etc. The conclusion I come to is quite simple really.

You've seen his DNA? 

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

An arm round the shoulder doesn't work for lazy wankers that just want to shambles about using their clowning as an excuse for their incompetence. If he doesn't improve before the end of the season then for me he needs to go. It could serve to reinforce the fact that Rodgers can be tough and expects full commitment from his players. Once he Slimani and Silva have gone it will remove the stench of bad, expensive and ill researched transfers of the past. Time to move on. At least Pearson used to try and look at more than just the footballing ability of a player.

What a horrible thing to say about a young lad that you've, most likely, never even spoken too.

You seem deeply angry about something in your own life tbh mate.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 17:08, Col city fan said:

This always seems to happen when clubs suddenly have a wad to spend.A bit like going into town with a months wages in your back pocket and buying 3 shirts that you only wear once.

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

What a horrible thing to say about a young lad that you've, most likely, never even spoken too.

You seem deeply angry about something in your own life tbh mate.

Don't need to speak to him, I think the clues are all there to see both from his international manager (two occasions now which is why he's not in the squad) and his on field performances for us. Mistakes, lack of confidence are things that can be forgiven if supporters feel a player is giving of his best. His age doesn't come into it, he's getting paid as a professional and needs to act like one, he's been here two years in August and failed to deliver. It does make me angry when people take wages off any employer and don't keep their half of the bargain.