Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Who knows, maybe, just maybe Brendan can work with him and get him firing on all cylinders? 

He's still young and he's the first to admit his form is terrible. BR has a record of taking players and improving them. 

He does indeed, there are so many youngsters here though that its inconceivable to think all will become a success. If they do, WOW!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Got a feeling BR is going to get Nacho really firing on all cylinders. We may have a 20 goal striker for free next season!

I'm not so hopeful but it will be interesting to see who falls in and out of favour under Rodgers. Hopefully you are right.

• Like 1

If Rodgers gets this guy going it will be amazing. 

I get the sneaking suspicion that Kelechi can only really play in a team like Man City, which we will never be. The endless creativity around him in the city team meant he could knock them in from five yards, profiteering from the confused defences. 

• Like 2

Annoys me on tunnel cam that nearly all the players shake the staffs hands as they enter the changing room suited and booted before KO but Nacho just walks straight past everyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

If Rodgers gets this guy going it will be amazing. 

I get the sneaking suspicion that Kelechi can only really play in a team like Man City, which we will never be. The endless creativity around him in the city team meant he could knock them in from five yards, profiteering from the confused defences. 

I agree. Obviously, I'd love to see Nacho be a success here, but I think he's too limited. I don't think there's that much more to him than being a lethal finisher when handed chances on a plate. Perhaps BR can turn the team into one that would serve Ian well, but it is some ask. I expect BR will be looking for forwards who press and make a nuicance of themselves, and KI isn't that.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree. Obviously, I'd love to see Nacho be a success here, but I think he's too limited. I don't think there's that much more to him than being a lethal finisher when handed chances on a plate. Perhaps BR can turn the team into one that would serve Ian well, but it is some ask. I expect BR will be looking for forwards who press and make a nuicance of themselves, and KI isn't that.

In a Brendan Rodgers team if your a striker and you can't press you can't play. Ask Mario Balotelli. For a guide as to how its done. See Luis Suarez. I've never seen a human being with so much energy and sheer will.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

In a Brendan Rodgers team if your a striker and you can't press you can't play. Ask Mario Balotelli. For a guide as to how its done. See Luis Suarez. I've never seen a human being with so much energy and sheer will.

I thought that was the case. Rodgers will be happy to have Vardy in the team, then. JV hasn't had the best season, but then that's no surprise considering how he was being asked to play. He will also probably be in the best mood out of all the players now Puel's out the door.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

You ain’t seen me at the all you can eat buffet then 

If we return Vardy to being the high pressing all action Billy Wizz on steroids character he used to be then baring in mind it's 18 months since he's played that way and he's that bit older we may need to be resigned to him managing 70-75 minutes at that intensity. It's therefore essential we have subs we believe in.

At the moment I'd trust Shinji more than Nacho to do that, my last memory of Nacho was managing to head a cross towards him back out of the box like a centre half leading to an opposition breakaway - bizarre.

However  I still thank back to that finish at Wembley last season, get his confidence up and he'll finish well by instinctively snapping up any loose balls but when he has time to think or tries to join the build up play he's as random as Schlupp was - anything can happen and usually does!

Would love to see 20/30 minutes of one or two of our u23 strikers before the end of the season for comparison sake and to see what options we already have coming through.

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hate to do this while he is still here and you never know he might turn it round. But Is there an argument for this being our worst ever signing? When you consider the price tag and expectation.

Silva in recent times. Just as expensive as Iheanacho, and I definitely expected more - not to mention we weren't paying for potential, he has won serious stuff. Plus, deadline day debacle.

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I thought that was the case. Rodgers will be happy to have Vardy in the team, then. JV hasn't had the best season, but then that's no surprise considering how he was being asked to play. He will also probably be in the best mood out of all the players now Puel's out the door.

I just want the games to begin! As for Vardy my only concern for him was his age and his ability to do the work rate much longer. I know he can be prolific.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Nacho Man. Some of his movement and technical skills look awesome on youtube. But that's youtube. I don't want to criticize players who I haven't seen play. In a Rodgers team you train as hard as you play. If he does it in training he'll play. One thing he will get is all the help he needs to succeed.