Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jaspa

Jamie Vardy ● Legend

2 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Reckon he should have a statue before he finishes playing to be honest. Never thought I’d love a City player more than Walshy. The goals, the work rate , the giving jip to the away fans when he scores, the chat shit get banged chavvy persona. Love the guy, he’s up there with my wife for me to be honest

What a weirdo. 

I love him far more than I love my Mrs.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He'll go down as the club's biggest ever legend by the time he retires for sure. If he's not already.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets a statue and a stand named after him at the KP once he retires.

We should have a statue or two, possibly three, damn it go for four :)

Banks, Claudio, Vardy, O'Niell

13 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Doesn't get enough love? Just lol. Try to find a post bad mouthing him.

Thanks for stating the obvious though, as if no one knew he's a legend and that he'll go down as one of the club's greatest, if not the greatest ever. 

There actually was one guy the other week moaning that everyone was up Vardy’s arse lol

I couldn’t even take him up on it I was that shocked 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

There actually was one guy the other week moaning that everyone was up Vardy’s arse lol

I couldn’t even take him up on it I was that shocked 

I saw that too. Should have really been in the 'unpopular opinions you hold' thread in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

What a weirdo. 

I love him far more than I love my Mrs.

I’ll be honest, given the choice between the Mrs. packing up the kids and leaving me or Vardy going to Arsenal this summer. 

I wouldn’t have to worry about waking anyone up when he scores against Wolves in the early hours of Sunday morning.

• Haha 2

The last three years Leicester transformed into a new kind of club. We don't know what it will be, but it will never be the same again. Whatever the stats say, Vardy is the engine who powered the revolution. Sure, Mahrez, and others will be remembered as sublime talents, but talent can't create a revolution: That takes pure, unbridled fury. Vardy is the hammer who broke the shop window; the others just followed him through. Someday, two or three decades from now when football has moved on, I hope to sit down and buy him a pint. 

Edited by Pete from the USA
  • Like 2

For me, Vardy epitomises everything I have always loved about football. Passion, grit determination to succeed, lots of goals and a little bit of swagger mixed in.

I remember going to the open training session at the KP before the 12/13 season started and watching him crack in every shot he took that day. I left thinking what a player we have here! However, as we all know he struggled but there was still that respect for an out and out grafter. I think the real turning point for him was the goal away at QPR in the promotion season. For Vardy to settle such a big, tight game in the promotion race in our favour seemed to give him a real boost and he kicked on nicely from there going from strength to strength throughout the seasons. He's achieved some stunning feats since then.  

Nothing triggers me more than when people make comments like 'one season wonder', 'limited player', 'only has pace'. It's a load of bollocks and people need to open their eyes more. But for Kane he'd of been England's main striker at the last two international tournaments. Class player. Legend. Enough said. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

He’s an absolute legend, and it’s a crying damn shame he never got given the opportunity to show what he could do earlier.... however I think that’s what has made him into the player he is... he’s elevated himself to godlike status, Leicester very own Brazilian Ronaldo. He deserves a statue, as a constant reminder that holding onto hope is the most important thing you can do, because at some point you’ll be given a chance to show exactly what you can do.....

I love him. I think he probably is the best player we've ever had. Add to that the fact that he clearly loves the club and has been an absolute lynchpin in almost certainly our most successful era, and I don't think there can be any doubt that he's up there with the club's few greatest legends of all time.

Everyone knows all about his pace, but he's got so much more than that. His finishing is excellent, and his work rate and stamina are god-tier. How many players in the world score goals like the rocket against Liverpool or the over-the-shoulder, weaker foot volley vs WBA?

Maybe it is a bit of a shame that he was a late bloomer. If he had been playing at a higher level earlier in his career, he may have ended up an even better player than he is now. However, we can only speculate. As it is, his story reads like a heartwarming tale of rags to riches, never giving up and daring to dream. Non-league at age 25, PL champion and England first team a few years later. If there is a film made, anyone who didn't know better would not believe it was a true story.

He is Mr. Leicester City F.C.

• Like 1