Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha the irony is, the year we pissed the league we spent a grand total of about 400k on Mahrez and a few free transfers. I don't know whether it was the Sven era that caused the FFP investigation but when you consider what Championship teams are doing ever since in the pursuit of the Prem I'm adamant we didn't do a lot wrong. 

The wage bill contributed to that overspend I’d have thought.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I'm preaching to a partisan crowd here but that Man City fan got one thing right. You did overspend your way out of The Championship. And you were rightly (but lightly) punished for it. That's indisputable that you broke the rules unfortunately.

In fact yeah, your whole Premier League success afterwards has been tainted by it and they should take that title off you lol Bunch of cheating ****ers! :whistle:

Well however true that may be at least we didn't need to sell our soul to a dodgy arrangement with an agent to get us out of the league unlike some club did. All our players were acquired by our own efforts rather than by some underhand method.lol

• Like 1

Our very own Matt will come in here and say we are forcing a rivalry with Everton (like Sunderland, Wolves etc) when in reality its once again coming from Everton. The vitriol and anger and hatred is very one sided. 

I laugh at Everton fans but the feed the scouser bit is kinda cringey.

9 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Got a good point about our sh£t support in the eighties though

Nothing wrong with our away support in the 80's.

We regularly took 5000-7000 to Forest, Derby, Cov (and Notts County).

We had a good following in most Cup ties (especially FA Cup ties).

In the League, we took 10,000 to Orient (in 1980) and 9,000 to Fulham (in 1983).   Plenty of other good away turnout's as well.

Admittedly, home crowd in the mid 80's were dire.   But then so were lots of others too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the League, we took 10,000 to Orient (in 1980) and 9,000 to Fulham (in 1983).   Plenty of other good away turnout's as well.

Admittedly, home crowd in the mid 80's were dire.   But then so were lots of others too.

I think the ongoing threat of violence contributed, i know it did for me and my kids, well that and the cost as there were no freebie tickets for kids back then.

• Like 1

Re the FFP, it did sound quite dodgy but the EFL came out with this: 

“In reaching the settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive and that the dispute arose out of genuine differences of interpretation of the rules between the parties.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

Make of it what you will :dunno:

13 hours ago, murphy said:

I didn't.  Not one bit.  It had to happen.  one point from 7 games in 2017 and zero goals.  Relegation seemed inevitable.

That new manager bounce gave us 5 wins on the bounce and saved us from the humiliation being relegated champions.

The media and wider football world seemed to think that we should have meekly accepted relegation as the price to pay for the title.  As if any other club would have!  Ranieri achieved the miracle and will always be a legend but he had to go.  I dread to think where we would be now if we hadn't had the balls to make that call.

Man City sacked Mancini as champions.  Chelsea sacked Mourinho as champions.  Neither club was in the bottom three like we were.  Hypocrites!  

One of my particular bugbears I'm afraid, whatever a bugbear is.

Exactly. And the pundits who slagged us off for getting rid of Ranieri are now lining up to praise us as a “well run” club! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Promotions,cups games and local Derby’s.We've always turned up in numbers for those games.It was the 500/1000 hardcore a lot of the rest of the time.As for home support.While Man City would be getting crowds of 20000+ we would be at the -10000 mark.Pick any random weekend from that period,you will be shocked.Often way less support than teams a league below.

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our very own Matt will come in here and say we are forcing a rivalry with Everton (like Sunderland, Wolves etc) when in reality its once again coming from Everton. The vitriol and anger and hatred is very one sided. 

I laugh at Everton fans but the feed the scouser bit is kinda cringey.

Not at all, its preachy Scousers ain't it with their sense of injustice.

The Sunderland, Wolves ones I still don't really get but whatever.

Burnley I understood with Dyche's pound notes moaning (he does that with most teams however), Tottenham I understand and with the comments from Everton and the way they acted on Wednesday I can see why people are responding in this way, but i'll say it again, Scousers ain't it.

Although it seems to have turned all abit too political for my liking - Seems some people will turn anything into a political argument at the moment though.

Hope that's justified for you.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

FFP is a massive load of contrived shite.  No reason why an owners shouldn't put their cash in as long as it is equity not debt.  They always have, and Man City is as much an example of that as anyone.

100%. All it is designed to do is preserve the status quo and that is the exact opposite reason of why people watch sports.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davieG said:

Man City fan.

Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals.

Could there ever be a more Pot calling the kettle black than this quote?

Absolute weirdos them lot.

The state of their fanbase. I will bet it's within the first 5 mins tomorrow they'll sing about us "stabbing" Ranieri in the back. I'll look over a laugh at them. I find it ironic that this is the same club that sacked Mancini and, especially, Pellegrini (he was told to basically fvck off mid season when they were 2nd) after those managers won trophies with them for the first time in years. 

Also they don't need to comment on FFP and money given they've bought the league over the decade having won two top tier titles in their first 70 years of existence.

Man Utd and Liverpool fans wind me up but at least they aren't small time and sing songs about us which have fvck all to do with them.

I've gone all Keegan here but if it's one ground I love walking out of having won it's theirs.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

.I know MCFC hate being told this but they literally won the lottery. Their success could have been Newcastle or Aston Villa or West Ham or Leicester, or 10 other clubs in England. 

I have more respect for Southampton finishing 5th in 15/16 than I have for Man City winning another league title. 

I dont outwardly hate them but I think their fan base have a small club mentality with their constant whining and conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Re the FFP, it did sound quite dodgy but the EFL came out with this: 

“In reaching the settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive and that the dispute arose out of genuine differences of interpretation of the rules between the parties.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

Make of it what you will :dunno:

i think we can all agree that deal was dodgy but par for the course in football.

also that FFP is a joke designed to **** everyone out of the big six anyway. 

we've paid a fine now let's move on.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The state of their fanbase. I will bet it's within the first 5 mins tomorrow they'll sing about us "stabbing" Ranieri in the back. I'll look over a laugh at them. I find it ironic that this is the same club that sacked Mancini and, especially, Pellegrini (he was told to basically fvck off mid season when they were 2nd) after those managers won trophies with them for the first time in years. 

Also they don't need to comment on FFP and money given they've bought the league over the decade having won two top tier titles in their first 70 years of existence.

Man Utd and Liverpool fans wind me up but at least they aren't small time and sing songs about us which have fvck all to do with them.

I've gone all Keegan here but if it's one ground I love walking out of having won it's theirs.

There’s never been a club that sums up the pathetic state of modern football quite like Man City. They are an absolute farce, and the most depressing thing is their own fans know it. 

I got 4 tickets for their CL quarter final against Liverpool a couple of years ago - 4 tickets, on general sale, for arguably the biggest game in their history. Mental mate. Absolutely mental. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Makes you laugh, coming from a team that dropped into the old 3rd div, have come good being owned by a country, how can that be right? also being investigated on 5 issues of payments and always living in the shadows of Man U. truly some sad, brainless morons in Manchester, who cares about the past, we should only live in the now. Where I am currently working there are a few Man City fans, they are no better than the idiot here, prefer the Spurs fans and that is saying something.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It would be nice to get this thread back on track with the posting of intelligent, informed comment or critical analysis about us as opposed to the rantings of some ill informed, glory seeking wannabe . 

No come on mate - the only reason I reckon the majority of us come in here is to see who’s been slagging us off this week lol 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

No come on mate - the only reason I reckon the majority of us come in here is to see who’s been slagging us off this week lol 

I can save you the time and effort - it’s normally Tyson (aged 7) from Slough and Amir aged 13 from Kazakhstan 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Koke said:

.I know MCFC hate being told this but they literally won the lottery. Their success could have been Newcastle or Aston Villa or West Ham or Leicester, or 10 other clubs in England. 

I have more respect for Southampton finishing 5th in 15/16 than I have for Man City winning another league title. 

I dont outwardly hate them but I think their fan base have a small club mentality with their constant whining and conspiracy theories.

Man City used to be the preferable, more likeable team from Manchester before the oil money.

They seem to have become entitled, spoiled little shits like the Red half in the last few years.  Makes them very hard to like as they become as odious as United.

I hope that we can emulate them and become as odious a club to other fans as they have become.  It means we are successful.  I just hope as fans we keep remembering where we have come from and appreciate rather than expect unlike theirs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Man City used to be the preferable, more likeable team from Manchester before the oil money.

They seem to have become entitled, spoiled little shits like the Red half in the last few years.  Makes them very hard to like as they become as odious as United.

I hope that we can emulate them and become as odious a club to other fans as they have become.  It means we are successful.  I just hope as fans we keep remembering where we have come from and appreciate rather than expect unlike theirs.

I'm to old now to change into a spoilt twat, turning grumpy though dang nabbit:unsure: and having supported the club when we were in admin, with a bleak future I doubt I'll ever become an entitled cockwomble:innocent:

What was the point again, oh yeah, Mancs:ph34r:.

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I genuinely think when we won the title most fans of other clubs were happy we broke the status quo.  Now i think they see us in a different light almost as if we have had our moment in the sun and really should go back to being little Leicester.  With success comes envy.