Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Man City fan.

Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals.

Could there ever be a more Pot calling the kettle black than this quote?

They stabbed Mancini in the back and their whole success is “tainted” on the virtue of them overspending their rivals by millions every season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Man City fan.

Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals.

What a sad little Tw@y  Cockwomble !!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Man City fan.

I want to join their forum just to shine a light on this arsehole 

having read their match thread, they really aren’t very confident .....

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This 'stabbed Ranieri in the back' is probably one of the biggest myths going in football as well ffs.

Wasn’t our most glorious hour….   Hated it when it happened and felt quite ashamed…

I’m on my way to recovery though as I watch march on to another premier league title :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Wasn’t our most glorious hour….   Hated it when it happened and felt quite ashamed…

I’m on my way to recovery though as I watch march on to another premier league title :ph34r: 

The bloke had plenty of time to try and turn things around. Not anyone's else's fault that he thought Slimani would be the right man to play behind Vardy, and then taking off Slimani for Albrighton every match. The one thing Slimani could be useful for was in the box, but he insisted on taking him off whenever he brought our best crosser on. 

Glad to have had him, glad to have moved on. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, murphy said:

I didn't.  Not one bit.  It had to happen.  one point from 7 games in 2017 and zero goals.  Relegation seemed inevitable.

That new manager bounce gave us 5 wins on the bounce and saved us from the humiliation being relegated champions.

The media and wider football world seemed to think that we should have meekly accepted relegation as the price to pay for the title.  As if any other club would have!  Ranieri achieved the miracle and will always be a legend but he had to go.  I dread to think where we would be now if we hadn't had the balls to make that call.

Man City sacked Mancini as champions.  Chelsea sacked Mourinho as champions.  Neither club was in the bottom three like we were.  Hypocrites!  

One of my particular bugbears I'm afraid, whatever a bugbear is.

A bugbear….   Never questioned that before…!

Uncle Claudio would’ve got it right in the end…

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The fact that nearly 3 years later fans are still holding it as a grudge against us is what annoys me. All they see is 15/16. They seem to forget we were heading downwards, at an alarming rate from the highest of highs, under his leadership. We made the right call. Even more so in hindsight. Fans need to get over the fact that we did what we needed to and did what was best for us. Gotta be cruel to be kind!

Stan…. I’m over it…. I felt very glum at the time!

it was the ultimate come down after the ultimate high

Plus I’m a sentimental fool 

54 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

The bloke had plenty of time to try and turn things around. Not anyone's else's fault that he thought Slimani would be the right man to play behind Vardy, and then taking off Slimani for Albrighton every match. The one thing Slimani could be useful for was in the box, but he insisted on taking him off whenever he brought our best crosser on. 

Glad to have had him, glad to have moved on. 

I’m still delirious that we had him…. And still despite everything very sad that he the dream died 😔 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I want to join their forum just to shine a light on this arsehole 

having read their match thread, they really aren’t very confident .....

Wonder why someone would write this, I mean it’s not as though a bunch of Leicester fans on a Man City forum would get wound up reading it.

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

And Man City fans are weirdly obsessed with it. Only ones who still give us grief.

Yet we're small time, apparently. Probably just guilt for pushing two title winning managers out of the door themselves, Pellegrini's farewell speech was given in front of loads of empty seats.

• Like 3