Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Last one I promise. 

I know scousers can be a bit dim but ambulances take you to hospital....

An ambulance from Everton to Leicester, I’d take a slap or two for that just for the saving on transport.

👊🏻 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Shmokeee said:

I know scousers can be a bit dim but ambulances take you to hospital....

An ambulance from Everton to Leicester, I’d take a slap or two for that just for the saving on transport.

👊🏻

Just scousers showing their intelligence level and the fact neither team have won a prem and one is never likely too. Both live in the past, live for the now.

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

No issue what so ever,  i only stated the truth that in the 80s the relationship between city and tigers fans was extremely poor,  to state otherwise would be a lie, i also stated that thankfully that has changed,  as a Leicester born and bred i want a Leicester team to win at any sport.

I never really found this and I went to a lot of Tigers games in the mid 80's to 2000's, there were always the snobby knobheads who show a distain to football and there still is, it is their loss not mine I am happy at either game. The elitism comes from the public school fraternity, yet some of the best players were from working class backgrounds.

This Merseyside person's "if it was the 80s they’d have made it home from goodison in an ambulance."

Is this a condoning of football violence? 

And of fans fighting? 

And of fences being put up to divide the terraces into pens to segregate fans?

And of pitch invasions?

And of fences being put up at the front to stop pitch invasions?

And of police treating fans as potential hooligans instead of peaceful spectators?

We know where this leads to, don't we?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Spurs reached the European cup final less than six months ago ........lloris is a World Cup winner from a year ago ....

let’s not get overly worked up by irrelevant stuff ......I’m sure the players don’t ........

Agreed but even so....Dele Alli?? Seriously??

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's one of the unspoken truths of forest, who.look back on thr80s through sepia glasses, that their support was garbage and Clough regularly slagged off the crowds. 

(Plus of course, Clough frequently ripped off his own club via inflated transfer fees which he skimmed off the extra and cup final tickets he helped himself to and flogged on the black market)

Funny too that they had no firm in the 80s. Nothing. It's silly now but those things were important in the 80s. Yet nowadays they are a tough lot up for trouble now that scene is 30 years out of date!

Executive Crew? 

Edited by Izzy

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Gray doesn’t play, and Barnes is hardly a great counter attacker. He ever been involved in a decent counter?

I agree there. But isn't that more of an issue with his tactical awareness rather than pace? Flat out I'd say he's one of the quickest in the league. Not that it's useful if you can't utilise it effectively! 

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Executive Crew? 

Could be. Wasn't my scene so easily could've missed out but I was never in fear at forest of being picked off like I was at stoke,Brum, west ham, Millwall, Portsmouth etc. In fact I often felt emboldened at forest as City at that time always turned up in force.

I always wondered if forest's success blunted their edge in that scene. Too many grandads with blankets and flasks frothing over their Clough football. I suppose like us nowadays whereas now, of course,  they are complete crap, they are a nasty lot with a chip on their shoulder.

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Tigers fans are not all poshos. 

I'm convinced we lost a couple of thousand to them. Go to any suburban boozer today in Anstey or Glenfield or Blaby and there'll still be working class middle aged men supporting tigers and droning on about a man's game

My father in law(a big city fan and went to the fa cup finalv man city and a season ticket holder for years) went to the tigers when thing's were bad with hooliganism.My mrs is down welford road now.....people allways say why did we get together,as i have no interest in rugby and her football!

14 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

My father in law(a big city fan and went to the fa cup finalv man city and a season ticket holder for years) went to the tigers when thing's were bad with hooliganism.My mrs is down welford road now.....people allways say why did we get together,as i have no interest in rugby and her football!

What colour is her football ? 

6 hours ago, Toddybad said:

The Barnes thing was never a penalty in a million years.

Attackers get wiped out after getting shots away all the time.

Absolutely. Once Barnes gets his touch the ball is going wide and at pace and there's nothing that can be done to prevent that whether he's clobbered or not. In the Alonso incident there's every chance that if the keeper doesn't take him out that he can get to the ball and get a shot away/set someone up. 

• Like 1