Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

I’m sorry. It may be painful to take, but our team of shrinking violets deserve all the pisstaking going for their spineless collapse this year - be it from United ‘fans’ or anyone else - and will just have to suck it all in.

All I hope is that it gets to them and they respond with a fierce determination to make amends next season - as City teams have done in the recent past, including, yes, this one when they won nine games in a row last autumn after conceding that excruciating last-minute penalty at Anfield.

• Like 1

Maguire has had a season which most of us predicted he would..decent, nothing more nothing less, to say hes lived up to the price tag is scandalous and the fact old Garth has him in his team of the season is further proof that the english media, no matter what find it hard to admit that an England darling hasnt been quite as good as the 80 million fee would suggest

I have no feeling towards Maguire at all, he did a good job for us the 2 seasons he was here and thats about it, just another player who came, went, and we got an obscene amount of money for, he had his head turned by arguable the biggest club in world football, players careers are short and if he felt moving would give him a chance to win trophys and earn more money, fair play to the lad, I dont hate him, I dont like him, just meh

As for taking the banter from rival fans thats part and parcel of supporting your team, the bigger and more successful you become, the more hatred and eyes are going to be on you, take it as a compliment, I remember being at school in my city kit with Izzet on the back in the mid 90s, no one gave a s**t about us because we were just plucky Leicester who were comfortable mid table and did well in the Coca Cola/Worthington cup

Remember that alot of the piss taking you see on social media is from people who support United etc, but were born and raised in Leicester

Bring on the banter and hatred I say, because as long as it lasts, it means we are still a threat to the "big 6" 

4 hours ago, copunk said:

Maguire has had a season which most of us predicted he would..decent, nothing more nothing less, to say hes lived up to the price tag is scandalous and the fact old Garth has him in his team of the season is further proof that the english media, no matter what find it hard to admit that an England darling hasnt been quite as good as the 80 million fee would suggest

I have no feeling towards Maguire at all, he did a good job for us the 2 seasons he was here and thats about it, just another player who came, went, and we got an obscene amount of money for, he had his head turned by arguable the biggest club in world football, players careers are short and if he felt moving would give him a chance to win trophys and earn more money, fair play to the lad, I dont hate him, I dont like him, just meh

As for taking the banter from rival fans thats part and parcel of supporting your team, the bigger and more successful you become, the more hatred and eyes are going to be on you, take it as a compliment, I remember being at school in my city kit with Izzet on the back in the mid 90s, no one gave a s**t about us because we were just plucky Leicester who were comfortable mid table and did well in the Coca Cola/Worthington cup

Remember that alot of the piss taking you see on social media is from people who support United etc, but were born and raised in Leicester

Bring on the banter and hatred I say, because as long as it lasts, it means we are still a threat to the "big 6" 

funny how before they signed him they were expecting this huge leader and made him captain. he's not a leader or captain material at all lol 

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

There’s hardly any cockneys left.You’ll be hard pressed to actually find one these days 

To me, everyone south of Northampton and North of Brighton is a cock...

-ney

Edited by Danizen

15 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

There’s hardly any cockneys left.You’ll be hard pressed to actually find one these days 

i was assuming he meant essex *****

old proper cockneys are usually extremely decent

On 27/07/2020 at 22:25, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Mancs in my experience can be sound, but they can also be pretentious and cynical.

Man Utd fans don't necessarily mean Mancs of course 😆

I lived in Salford for a while and have always been subsequently puzzled by the assumption that United fans don't actually come from the place. 

Not sure that negative human traits have that much to do with geography to be honest. 

I liked the place, but that was before its gentrification. Might be different now. 

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I lived in Salford for a while and have always been subsequently puzzled by the assumption that United fans don't actually come from the place. 

Not sure that negative human traits have that much to do with geography to be honest. 

I liked the place, but that was before its gentrification. Might be different now. 

There was a survey done a few years ago about % of season ticket holders  living close their teams  ground and Man U was no where near the lowest, i think that was Liverpool . So a bit of a myth really which i guess is because they have so many non local fans around the country .

9 hours ago, los dedos said:

There was a survey done a few years ago about % of season ticket holders  living close their teams  ground and Man U was no where near the lowest, i think that was Liverpool . So a bit of a myth really which i guess is because they have so many non local fans around the country .

Agreed. Just about everyone in Salford & Stretford (where I worked) was a United fan.

When I lived in South Manchester I'd say 80% were Man City. Course, this was a while ago when you could still stand & pay on the gate - so allowing the local population in - but I went to Old Trafford & Maine Rd frequently & the vast majority were from the place. Old Trafford attracted more Irish who came over on Friday nights, but it was the traditional Catholic club anyway.

Accept things may be different now, but let's face it, it's a very different crowd at the KP than it was at Filbert Street. 

• Like 1

Manchester United fans are very easily appeased nowadays. Incredible how much their standards have dropped. They're not a good side either. Them getting 3rd is a bad, bad reflection on this league.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2020 at 21:48, Manini said:

I stopped giving a shit about what United fans said when I realised, they are all, to a man, *****. I’ve never met a sound manc and I’ve never met a sound united fan. 

Don't be silly. There are no Manure fans in Manchester. They are all in London or Leicester. Mancs are decent people. Manure fans are the scum of the Earth. I've had my fair share Manulty fans pipping up after the game. Just respond by asking when they last won the league. I'd rather support the German national team that support the Manure. I guess each to their own but shows the person's character if they willingly support the scum. 

I think the hate for Man Utd and the impression their fans don't live in Manchester comes from the fact that no matter where you are in the world there's a Man Utd fan being a **** going on about how they're the greatest club in the world when most of them couldn't even point to Manchester on the map. It's really annoying but so frequent. 

On 28/07/2020 at 20:56, Heathrow fox said:

There's ****ing thousands mate. Nearly every young man under the age of twenty five around Leicester has the accent and the 'patter'. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the hate for Man Utd and the impression their fans don't live in Manchester comes from the fact that no matter where you are in the world there's a Man Utd fan being a **** going on about how they're the greatest club in the world when most of them couldn't even point to Manchester on the map. It's really annoying but so frequent. 

There must be a fair number on Norway as my son's partner and an ex both have parents, who live nowhere near each other and are Man Utd fans or it's a big coincidence.

I spent a lot of my life in Manchester - it is has the same proportion of sound people and berks/criminals that most cities have. Cannot be doing with vast sweeping statements about entire populaces, it is way too close to doing the same about countries or races/ethnic groups.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I spent a lot of my life in Manchester - it is has the same proportion of sound people and berks/criminals that most cities have. Cannot be doing with vast sweeping statements about entire populaces, it is way too close to doing the same about countries or races/ethnic groups.

Would be inclined to agree if Liverpool didn't exist :ph34r:

• Haha 2