Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Maximum points with 4 games to go. A win this weekend puts us on 62, meaning any dropped points for Wolves or Sheff United Abe we are guaranteed top 5. Spurs play Arsenal and Sheff Utd Play Chelsea so there will be dropped points for teams around us.

Wolves Everton and Man Utd Southampton could be interesting this weekend.

Chelsea       72

Leicester     71

Man Utd      70

Wolves        64

Sheff Utd     63

Spurs           61

Arsenal        62

Burnley        61

When you put it like that, it shows how ridiculously massive this Bournemouth game is. I'm bricking it.

I still think that we need two wins and a draw at a minimum from these last four to get Champions League. Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, plus a point from one of the other two (last day against Man Utd. with us pipping them to 4th courtesy of GD would be amazing). 👍

27 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

When you put it like that, it shows how ridiculously massive this Bournemouth game is. I'm bricking it.

I still think that we need two wins and a draw at a minimum from these last four to get Champions League. Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, plus a point from one of the other two (last day against Man Utd. with us pipping them to 4th courtesy of GD would be amazing). 👍

Yep - same here. Exciting isnt it :-)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, davieG said:

....and only they can explain why if/when Leeds get promoted they'll be considered before us as well.

They should stop using the phrase top/big six and just call them the Media Darlings.

You've  hit on it davieG..!!   

From Now on,on this forum,lets Drop Big six,from our narrative, in all instances,or just in passing they should be only known as...

Media Darlings...

Then push this idea around other forums,Plus to be taken on by our very own foxestalk-journalists.....

Just the thought an a player/manager interview...I

Hello Fernando, 'How was your First PL Experience and the game flow,playing in one of the  Media Darling teams...??'

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of negative post to this thread.

I see that the Football Writers have voted for charismatic Jordan Henderson as their player of the year. Fair enough.

Two LCFC players received unknown number of votes - James Maddison and Johnny Evans.

Yet none of them considered Jamie Vardy to be worthy of a single vote.  Very probably top scorer in the Premier League this season, reaching 100 goals and at the  grand old age of 33.

If he was playing for Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc, he would undoubtedly receive greater recognition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Sort of negative post to this thread.

I see that the Football Writers have voted for charismatic Jordan Henderson as their player of the year. Fair enough.

Two LCFC players received unknown number of votes - James Maddison and Johnny Evans.

Yet none of them considered Jamie Vardy to be worthy of a single vote.  Very probably top scorer in the Premier League this season, reaching 100 goals and at the  grand old age of 33.

If he was playing for Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc, he would undoubtedly receive greater recognition. 

I get what you are saying, but he has scored goals this season but he hasn’t been Leicester’s best players, let alone getting votes for the whole division, and if he isn’t payed for the big 6 he wouldn’t get voted for as he would be getting splinters from the bench 

10 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

I get what you are saying, but he has scored goals this season but he hasn’t been Leicester’s best players, let alone getting votes for the whole division, and if he isn’t payed for the big 6 he wouldn’t get voted for as he would be getting splinters from the bench 

that's a matter of opinion. for me he has been the best player. 5 assists and 23 goals with the service he gets is phenomenal. he'd probably be on double figure assists if barnes and perez could finish properly lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

that's a matter of opinion. for me he has been the best player. 5 assists and 23 goals with the service he gets is phenomenal. he'd probably be on double figure assists if barnes and perez could finish properly lol 

Agree mate, it is a matter of opinion, I could easily say Barnes and Perez would have scored more if vardy dropped deep to create space in tight games. Works both ways. He has scored goals this year and if you think he has been our best player that’s your opinion, I would say Pereira, Cags and Evans have been better. And for a first full season in the prem, Harvey Barnes stats are very very good

45 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Agree mate, it is a matter of opinion, I could easily say Barnes and Perez would have scored more if vardy dropped deep to create space in tight games.

You could do with someone decent instead, like Jimenez. 

:whistle:

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

To be fair I love Jimenez, quality forward, can play with back to goal, play on the shoulder, link play, similar to Firminho

Firminho isn't fit to lace Jiminez's boots, I honestly think Jiminez and Vardy are the 2 best strikers in the league. Aguero and Kane are up there but injuries often play havoc with them.

I'd never trade Vardy for anyone but as an all round striker, Jiminez is a beast. I dread to think how good Liverpool could be if they had him with Mane and Salah.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Firminho isn't fit to lace Jiminez's boots, I honestly think Jiminez and Vardy are the 2 best strikers in the league. Aguero and Kane are up there but injuries often play havoc with them.

I'd never trade Vardy for anyone but as an all round striker, Jiminez is a beast. I dread to think how good Liverpool could be if they had him with Mane and Salah.

He is an amazing player. But on the Firminho side I have to disagree, his work rate, positioning and link up play is the reason Mane and Salah score so many goals, he is a very clever player and moves players out of position to create the space for the wide men to run in to. I love Vardy as a goalscorer, but he is a very limited player, if he played for Liverpool he would probably score 35 goals a season, but Mane and Salah’s return would be a lot lot less in my option

2 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

Think I voted for Johnny or Vardy but it must've been Johnny if they didn't mention Vardy's name.

Not that I'm biased or owt.

1 hour ago, Cecchini1976 said:

He is an amazing player. But on the Firminho side I have to disagree, his work rate, positioning and link up play is the reason Mane and Salah score so many goals, he is a very clever player and moves players out of position to create the space for the wide men to run in to. I love Vardy as a goalscorer, but he is a very limited player, if he played for Liverpool he would probably score 35 goals a season, but Mane and Salah’s return would be a lot lot less in my option

Firminho as a link up player is as you say, very good but so is Jiminez. He would be just as effective at that and score many more goals.

Vardy a limited player? Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid. When he plays in a front 2 he is often a very intelligent provider but our normal style of play requires him to stick to a very specific role. He's different to a drop deep and link play type but he is more than capable of getting on the ball in the final 3rd and providing others with chances, he has got better and better at this as he's aged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Firminho as a link up player is as you say, very good but so is Jiminez. He would be just as effective at that and score many more goals.

Vardy a limited player? Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid. When he plays in a front 2 he is often a very intelligent provider but our normal style of play requires him to stick to a very specific role. He's different to a drop deep and link play type but he is more than capable of getting on the ball in the final 3rd and providing others with chances, he has got better and better at this as he's aged.

If Maddison was playing some of the through balls Vardy did against Sheffield United the football writers would be adding £20 million on to his price tag.

I think Vardy will become a Maddison-type player in a couple of years when his pace goes, just without falling over under every touch and turning back into play three times when he has space to move.

• Like 1

In the build-up to the last game of the 19/20 Premier League season, few teams have as much depending on the fixture as Manchester United and Leicester City, who as fate would have it face each other on the very last day, as they continue their fight to clinch a spot in the top 4, subsequently getting Champions League football. With United on 63 points and a +28 goal difference and Leicester on 62 points with the exact same goal difference, a draw would only leave their fate in the hands of Chelsea, whose loss against Wolves could end up seeing them out of contention.

But both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Brendan Rodgers would be willing to take control in their own hands and get a certain victory and not rely on the off chance that Chelsea might lose, which only means a challenging game on Sunday with both teams raring to go. Leicester have seemed a bit off the pace compared to their form in the initial stages of the season, having bagged only 20 points from the last 48 available which is largely due to missing key players like James Maddison, Ben Chilwell, and Ricardo Pereira. Even with the sidelined players, Leicester are far from an easy opposition, and here’s a look at 5 players who are definitely capable of damaging United’s top 4 hopes and the ones Ole would be definitely wary of.

Analysis here - https://redrants.com/five-leicester-city-players-who-can-shatter-manchester-united-dreams/

Charlie Nicholas' end-of-season Premier League grades

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12037380/charlie-nicholas-end-of-season-premier-league-grades

Leicester - B

At the start of the season, you'd say if Brendan Rodgers could get Leicester into Europe he'd be sitting there thinking that's pretty good. Jamie Vardy obviously got his award, but in general terms, I thought Leicester deserved to get into the top four. But football's cruel at this level.

Jamie Vardy wins Premier League Golden Boot

Leicester 0-2 Manchester United - Match report and highlights

Before the lockdown, you could see they were questioning themselves, James Maddison went off the boil, Vardy wasn't getting the supply, and I think when I break down the defence he had, he deserves a lot of credit for his style. I like it a lot.

But he does get lucky most of the time with injuries - but on the last day it pinpointed to me with Wes Morgan coming in, he's hardly used any defenders. Ben Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira get injured and they suddenly look all over the place. Have they got enough? The fact of the matter was, Leicester's squad has been too small.

But overall, for the season people might say they blew the top four. I never anticipated them being there. I thought they had a chance of the top six or seven, but fifth is a very good finish. It's their own fault, they blew it, but if you said to them if they'd be happy with finishing fifth next season, I think they'd take it again.

What grade does YOUR Premier League club get this term?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8563851/Premier-League-clubs-graded-2020-Liverpool-Norwich-City-did-club-season.html

LEICESTER
First half of season: A+. Second half of season: C at best. They missed out on Champions League football on the season's final day and that will hurt. But the Europa League is not a bad consolation prize.

Grade: A-

The intriguing Premier League table since June restart

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/intriguing-premier-league-table-june-restart-where-sheffield-united-aston-villa-and-leicester-city-finished-2925091?page=4

16. Leicester City - 9 points
P9 W2 D3 L4 GF13 GA17 GD-4

Only Bournemouth , Watford, Palace and Norwich worse than us.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, davieG said:

Charlie Nicholas' end-of-season Premier League grades

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12037380/charlie-nicholas-end-of-season-premier-league-grades

Leicester - B

At the start of the season, you'd say if Brendan Rodgers could get Leicester into Europe he'd be sitting there thinking that's pretty good. Jamie Vardy obviously got his award, but in general terms, I thought Leicester deserved to get into the top four. But football's cruel at this level.

Jamie Vardy wins Premier League Golden Boot

Leicester 0-2 Manchester United - Match report and highlights

Before the lockdown, you could see they were questioning themselves, James Maddison went off the boil, Vardy wasn't getting the supply, and I think when I break down the defence he had, he deserves a lot of credit for his style. I like it a lot.

But he does get lucky most of the time with injuries - but on the last day it pinpointed to me with Wes Morgan coming in, he's hardly used any defenders. Ben Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira get injured and they suddenly look all over the place. Have they got enough? The fact of the matter was, Leicester's squad has been too small.

But overall, for the season people might say they blew the top four. I never anticipated them being there. I thought they had a chance of the top six or seven, but fifth is a very good finish. It's their own fault, they blew it, but if you said to them if they'd be happy with finishing fifth next season, I think they'd take it again.

What grade does YOUR Premier League club get this term?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8563851/Premier-League-clubs-graded-2020-Liverpool-Norwich-City-did-club-season.html

LEICESTER
First half of season: A+. Second half of season: C at best. They missed out on Champions League football on the season's final day and that will hurt. But the Europa League is not a bad consolation prize.

Grade: A-

The way Charlie Nicholas has penned that is giving me a migraine

• Haha 1