Cardiff_Fox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we want to compete we need every single penny we can get, otherwise we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage. We should be pulling £10m easy. 

Can't see King Power giving up the chance to push their brand. The amount of times King Power is written on the inside of the stadium is ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Definitely, though I would be disappointed if we got sucked into the Betting Company roundabout; it's not a good moral sponsor and a number of them have horrendous logos. 

I’m not having a pop, just asking, but say we were sponsored by Carlsberg, would you have the same issue? 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we want to compete we need every single penny we can get, otherwise we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage. We should be pulling £10m easy. 

I agree, though I wonder if they're just being cautious regarding FFP rules? As far as I can recall they haven't announced a renewal of the deal since the takeover. Since that was signed the value of the club has shot up more than tenfold - perhaps KP will upgrade the sponsorship package to reflect that?

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’m not having a pop, just asking, but say we were sponsored by Carlsberg, would you have the same issue? 

I wouldn’t be overly keen on it either, but I think the association of gambling and football has gotten too strong recently. 

We already have an official betting partner, it’s not that we’d morally turn it down it’s just that we’ve probably not been approached with a big enough offer 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Probably.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I wouldn’t be overly keen on it either, but I think the association of gambling and football has gotten too strong recently. 

Fair play. 

A lot of people I’ve spoken to about this before said they would feel more strongly against a betting company than an alcoholic drinks company. Which I think is ridiculous IMO. 

The good thing gambling is illegal in Thailand (apart from the lotto and on coarse horse racing in Bangkok) so it would surprise me if we go down that route.

Edited by goose2010

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Or King power can just pump another 6 million in, its back pocket change to them. 

38 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The good thing gambling is illegal in Thailand (apart from the lotto and on coarse horse racing in Bangkok) so it would surprise me if we go down that route.

so it is legal then.

• Haha 2

I reckon we are way too valuable to the KP brand to let someone else be emblazoned across our shirt. 

imagine how it'll look in Bangkok airport - King Power touting it around that they own the plucky 2015/16 darlings of English Football, then next to one of their shops there's 40ft Andy King Billboard with "Londis"as the shirt sponsor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest, the money that King Power potentially generates from the extra exposure of having the brand emblazoned on the shirt and around the stadium in mass probably means that the figure there is smaller than the benefits our owners gain. 

10 hours ago, Master Fox said:

How much did we get from Topps Tiles? £50 quid?

We’ve come a long way from those days. Jesus 

£27.50 plus 30% staff discount for Milan Mandaric but only if he gets clearance from the store manager first. 

Forest being a big club is an absolute myth. If people are totally, utterly honest, the three clubs are all quite similar sized.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest being a big club is an absolute myth. If people are totally, utterly honest, the three clubs are all quite similar sized.

Derby had the 2 titles in the 70s great achievement,  forest had the 2 European cup wins great . achievement,  we had the premier win great achievement , all 3 clubs have done great things at different times ,at the moment we are pulling away due to being in a higher league,  more money,  new training ground and ground expansion but things can change.  But at this time we are the bigger club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Derby had the 2 titles in the 70s great achievement,  forest had the 2 European cup wins great . achievement,  we had the premier win great achievement , all 3 clubs have done great things at different times ,at the moment we are pulling away due to being in a higher league,  more money,  new training ground and ground expansion but things can change.  But at this time we are the bigger club.

In this moment, surely?  We’ve had enough minutes now to say this is our biggest moment. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers to Manchester United seems to be the talk of the papers. Why would he want to join that basket case of a club?

About a billion pounds to spend. Massive stadium and global recognition.