Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Probably.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I wouldn’t be overly keen on it either, but I think the association of gambling and football has gotten too strong recently. 

Fair play. 

A lot of people I’ve spoken to about this before said they would feel more strongly against a betting company than an alcoholic drinks company. Which I think is ridiculous IMO. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If we want to compete we need every single penny we can get, otherwise we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage. We should be pulling £10m easy. 

Or King power can just pump another 6 million in, its back pocket change to them. 

I reckon we are way too valuable to the KP brand to let someone else be emblazoned across our shirt. 

imagine how it'll look in Bangkok airport - King Power touting it around that they own the plucky 2015/16 darlings of English Football, then next to one of their shops there's 40ft Andy King Billboard with "Londis"as the shirt sponsor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest being a big club is an absolute myth. If people are totally, utterly honest, the three clubs are all quite similar sized.

Derby had the 2 titles in the 70s great achievement,  forest had the 2 European cup wins great . achievement,  we had the premier win great achievement , all 3 clubs have done great things at different times ,at the moment we are pulling away due to being in a higher league,  more money,  new training ground and ground expansion but things can change.  But at this time we are the bigger club.

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Derby had the 2 titles in the 70s great achievement,  forest had the 2 European cup wins great . achievement,  we had the premier win great achievement , all 3 clubs have done great things at different times ,at the moment we are pulling away due to being in a higher league,  more money,  new training ground and ground expansion but things can change.  But at this time we are the bigger club.

In this moment, surely?  We’ve had enough minutes now to say this is our biggest moment. 

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

In this moment, surely?  We’ve had enough minutes now to say this is our biggest moment. 

Yes fully agree. 

49 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

About a billion pounds to spend. Massive stadium and global recognition.

Giant club failing. Years of reconstruction that you'll probably be sacked before you complete. High expectations that are almost impossible to meet. Greatest manager still in very recent history that you'll be held up against. Apart from that it's great job.

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Giant club failing. Years of reconstruction that you'll probably be sacked before you complete. High expectations that are almost impossible to meet. Greatest manager still in very recent history that you'll be held up against. Apart from that it's great job.

Can you think of anyone with a big enough ego to think they'd could turn all this around?

• Haha 1

Manchester United is hard to reject but I think if you had any sense you would realise going there is going to set your career back a good five years, certainly in Rodgers' case. He was considered by many a joke figure post Liverpool (harshly really in my opinion) so if he was to then go to Manchester United and fail (and he would, it's a poisoned chalice, anyone will fail there) his reputation would be in tatters.