Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Regardless of ability, who's your favourite player, past and/or present?

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Before he was a legend for you lads, Kasper single handedly got Notts County out of League Two. For that one season he will always be remembered. I think we've conceded more goals already this season than we did in that entire 09-10 season lol 

So, he gets my vote.

Was he brilliant that year? 

27 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Was he brilliant that year? 

Well those were the days before such a thing as iFollow, so I can only go by what I'd heard and read. From that I'd say he was yes. 

Unfortunately being how good and young he was, there was no doubt he'd be moving on to a bigger club.

When you've supported the club for 50 years this type of question is impossible. I think you have a new favourite every few years. Banks, Whitworth, Wortho, Wally, May, Leet, Hamill, Young and the list just goes on and on.

Vardy has to high on the all-time favourite list for anyone though. Doesn't he?

Not forgetting Hamza of course.

......Andy King, first time I saw him he scored a screamer at the Family End, must have been about 40 yards. He just put his hand up, no over the top celebrations, I just thought that was so cool.

Although not an LCFC player but the one player that I thought, that is how I wanted to play the game and the person I would like to be was Paul Reaney (Leeds United). Great defender and superb crosser of the ball on the run from Full back .With him it was all about the team, never about him!!!!

What a brilliant thread, no arguing or wind up merchants just great memories evoked by seeing so many great names, for me in no particular order :-

Flowers

Poole

Kasper

Fuchs

Berner

Mills

Rowett

Walshie

Huth

Elliott

Taggart

Morgan

Simpson

Izzet

Lennon

Cambiasso

Knockeart

Dyer

Kante

Drinkwater

Thompson

Guppy

Mahrez

Albrighton

Vardy

Okazaki

Heskey

Hume

And many many more :-)

Although it's going back a bit, I'm always a little surprised that Eddie Kelly doesn't get nominated, and the Youngs, Linekers and Lynexes do (accept they were all great players to watch).

In modern times I think Mahrez has been the most skillful player we've had, but because of his poor off-field antics, going to plump for Vardy.  A great player, and he snubbed the Arsenal too!

7 hours ago, FIF said:

When you've supported the club for 50 years this type of question is impossible. I think you have a new favourite every few years. Banks, Whitworth, Wortho, Wally, May, Leet, Hamill, Young and the list just goes on and on.

Vardy has to high on the all-time favourite list for anyone though. Doesn't he?

Not forgetting Hamza of course.

I love that you slipped Norman Leet in there!!

• Like 1

For some reason I've always been drawn towards a less obvious choice . Not necessarily one of our flair player's but someone who's made the best of what they've got and always given everything.Too numerous to mention unfortunately but

Woollett , Lochead , Walsh ,Young , Dickov who've all epitomised our spirit over the years. Soft spot for Frank Sinclair too.

Current favourite is obviously JV , just got everything at the moment.

Gerry Daly - we only had him briefly on loan but guy was class, he made it look effortless, always had time on the ball and made the players round him look better. Very underrated.

Mark Wallington - fantastic keeper, just unlucky to have been around when England had a number of top keepers.

Robbie Savage - never stopped running, and never seen anyone kick so many talented players out of a game !!!!!!!!

Mal Griffiths - old fashioned wing wizard and scored in the '49 Cup Final

Shinji - just for the smile