Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Regardless of ability, who's your favourite player, past and/or present?

Mark De Vries 

mainly as he scored that winner against spurs in the FA Cup and that's the first game i can remember watching on the TV. 

Now it's JV

His die hard nature to the game and how he gives his all for the shirt and the fans no matter what. I really appreciate how much work he had to do to get where he is now and think he's a great role model in terms of his work ethic 

Past would have to be Izzet. Was my first ever favourite player. 

Current lot would have to be Vardy and King. Gotta love king... if the fact we were on the verge of a great escape wasn’t enough king scoring a couple made it all the better. Him scoring on the day we lifted the premier league as well was so so sweet. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

And the Liverpool goal you mentioned earlier. With the added bonus of commentary from Hugh Johns. :scarf:

"That is beautiful!"

He also scored a screamer v Liverpool in a night match in '84 when we drew 3-3 but I can't find a clip of it anywhere :(

Lloyd Dyer. Don't think he ever walked off the pitch having not given his all. Always had the potential to do something either completely magical or equally absurd, which was very entertaining.

As many have said, currently it's Vardy. Absolute club legend.

• Like 1

Lloyd Dyer always and forever. Love his randomness and his goal that guaranteed us promotion...with his right foot!! Blessed with massive ability?...no but he never gave up and always put a shift in. Full backs hated his unpredictability and his speed. Christ, I don't think he knew what he was going to do!! 

Another is Iain Hume. Again a grafter and stood out when everyone around him was failing him. 

Bruno Berner...still loves the club and was way too good for us in league 1. Cultured and calm full back who added stability to the  back line. He was only beaten by my next favourite left back in Fuchs. Actually add Fuchs onto the list. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

His autobiography is a great read. Nothing staggering in there but makes you feel nostalgic

Showed what a real gent and human being he is.

I'd like to add Nugent to my list just for the smile he always had obviously really rnjoyed his football

Great post.

In no particular order..

Wallington - no idea why, he was the goalkeeper when I was at school and kind of an ever-present 

Muzzy

Kamark

Elliott

Riyad

Vardy

Forgot Fuchs...top bloke 

Edited by Milo

Muzzy and Walsh will always be up there. Got a real buzz watching Stan Collymore in his short stint too. Claridge was a cult hero, almost anti modern football, he just had it though. Had a weird love for Phil Gee too. 

Current crop I find a bit characterless if I'm honest, but that seems to be a theme of the modern game. I predict Maddison will become the player I most enjoy watching. 

Shout out also to Steve Guppy and Gary Parker. **** me they could cross a ball. 

Edited by SecretPro

Love that there's a couple of Gunnlaugsson shouts - I liked him but I must admit I wasn't paying an awful lot of attention at that point.

Was fond of Walshy for his goals in '94 and I remember him signing my ball at Groby Newsagents when I was about 6 (still a bit confused as to how that came to pass) but my first proper favourite was Kingy - his best couple of seasons coincided with an increase in my attendance.

Love Wes and Kasper but Vards is the main man. Hero.

Gibson .Stringfellow,Goodfellow .Weller...Worthington...Elliot..Glover...R.Fern...G.Cross,..Rodriguez, Lineker, M.Izzet...J.Vardy....Wallington...,Shilton

I can't chose a favourite from any of these ..for me all individual favourites....I

Forcing my hand I could fit it down to 4,but then in seconds procrastinate and contradict myself...

Gibson

Weller

Worthington

Vardy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Gibson .Stringfellow,Goodfellow .Weller...Worthington...Elliot..Glover...R.Fern...G.Cross,..Rodriguez, Lineker, M.Izzet...J.Vardy....Wallington...,Shilton

I can't chose a favourite from any of these ..for me all individual favourites....I

Forcing my hand I could fit it down to 4,but then in seconds procrastinate and contradict myself...

Gibson

Weller

Worthington

Vardy

How about this as a front 5

Worthington  Vardy

Weller.    Gibson.      Izzet

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Muzzy and Walsh will always be up there. Got a real buzz watching Stan Collymore in his short stint too. Claridge was a cult hero, almost anti modern football, he just had it though. Had a weird love for Phil Gee too

Current crop I find a bit characterless if I'm honest, but that seems to be a theme of the modern game. I predict Maddison will become the player I most enjoy watching. 

Shout out also to Steve Guppy and Gary Parker. **** me they could cross a ball. 

Leicester's all-time top goalscorer in the Anglo-Italian Cup. If that doesn't ensure legend status, nothing will.

• Haha 1

My "All time favourite-but-not-necessarily-best Leicester XI"

Schmeichel

Whitlow, Morgan, Walsh, Fuchs

Kante

Zagorakis, Izzet, King

Vardy Heskey

Subs - Poole, Taggart, Elliott, Cambiasso, Knockaert, Okazaki, Cottee

That was a hell of a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. I'm a goalkeeper myself and I really could have filled my be changed with keepers. I've loved so many of the City keepers I've seen in my time! Walker, flowers, Keller, even Zeljko Kalac is a Leicester legend as far as I'm concerned!

Edited by TiffToff88