Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

3 years ago to the day

We came from behind to beat Villa 3-2 in dramatic fashion. Without wishing to rewrite history do we think the title win would’ve still happened if we’d have lost that game? In a season full of big moments where does this rank?

it really seemed to kick start our season and bring a belief that we could do anything. Oh and Tim Sherwood’s face was a picture lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I right in thinking if they'd held on for the win they would've been level on points with us, or at most one point behind? I know it was early on the season but as foxfanzer says it set the tone for the whole campaign. One of my favourite matches ever. 

Edited by bovril

Just now, goose2010 said:

I know we won the league it was amazing yay! celebrate.. but lets move forward or we will slowly become like the Nottingham Forest and be stuck in a time warp.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Nice and positive again I see

Wasnt that positive enough for you?

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

A super day. Normally we were on the receiving end of those comebacks on the mid 00s but was a sweet one not so long after the great escape. 

Strange that villa gave us 2 of our toughest games given how the teams form couldn't have been any more different. 

Should have battered them in both really- we were well on top for the whole home match despite going 2-0 down and we would have probably put 3 or 4 past them if Riyad scored that penalty away.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

While we're reminiscing 

History is made in Belgium

Probably my best (or second best) away day. (Manchester City away the season prior does come close too).

One of the top 3 games ever at the KP in my opinion only behind the 5-3 win over Man United and the game against Sevilla (the Everton game where we won the trophy coming in at number 4). We were getting points coming from behind time and time again and it really felt even then like the connection between fans and players was genuine. Villa scored two excellent goals in that game but we still turned it on when it mattered most. The energy and effort put into the game at the end was incredible and it says it all that the smallest man on the pitch, who was a loan signing still threw himself at the ball to get the winner. It was that team spirit and desire that was incredible to see that season.

Amazing celebration by Jim! He shouldn't feel ashamed at all about that, he literally represented what we were all doing in the stadium. The crazy thing is that celebration was for 2-2! I can't even imagine what he did for the winner ha ha ha! Great to see staff at the club care just as much as we do.

I could never stand for any criticism of Dyer after this game.

He came here as a loanee but threw himself into that goalmouth regardless of his height or safety.

Came to embody the kind of never say die attitude that won us the league.

• Like 1