Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

Forget Eddie Howe, I'd be amazed if he leaves anywhere from Bournemouth, it's a match made in heaven. He suits them and they suit him, he's a living legend there already. Why would anyone want to change that for the uncertainty of some other club and high expectations of its owners and supporters. 

Sampaoli, that's interesting. He did very well with Sevilla in La Liga but I thought he was the worst Argentina manager in years, with all the creative talent at his disposal, even Maradona did better! Hmm, maybe we should get Diego in, at least we would have better luck with the handballs ;)

I'd like us to have someone from Europe, even a gamble would be better than most 'safe' options that are linked with us. Philip Cocu could be available sometime soon as he's doing poorly at Fenerbahce (I wouldn't make too much of it though, Turkish league is specific). He was great for PSV. Defensive minded, so he could sort us from the back but his team often played counter attack against strong teams and he had a good hand for creative players. Speaks English well, so... more qualiteee!

3 hours ago, l444ry said:

Lucky to be still in a job. People jump through hoops to find positives for this fella. Been here a year and we seem incapable of stringing 90 decent minutes together in one shift. If mediocrity is your tipple then Puel’s the man for the job.

This! I don’t get what people are seeing to defend him and his toss football! It’s down to him playing the youth I think! 

Don't know what to make of Claude's reign overall.

Promising youth coming through, mid-table security and does get the team passing it about.

On the other hand leaving Morgan in the team has been a major negative and our attack hasn't been as weak since 2008.

He looks more of a middle of the road type manager. Not O'Neill/Pearson standard but not exactly Holloway/Taylor either.

When asked if Vardy had had a stomach complaint, Puel replied: "Yes, [he] couldn't digest the penalty decision."

Puel is claiming the penalty decision was so egregious that Vardz s*** himself

He gets funnier every single week.  People need to appreciate the progress he is making

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was always going to be hard for a manager to come in and live up to what we had from 2009-2017 (sousa/Sven 12 months + time aside).

During that time there was excitement that we were on the way back and it's a cliche but it felt like every game mattered. Trying to reach the playoffs, aiming for a league win on top of promotion, survival leading to the greatest escape and then the greatest title win of all time in perhaps sports history  along with a champions league quarter final spot losing out narrowly to one of the most accomplished teams not to have won the European (CL) Cup.

What followed was always going to be a 1970 style 60s hangover.

How many fanbases across the globe have had the euphoria of that 8 year cycle. Going from being around the 200th or so world ranked team in the summer of 2008 to a last 8 team in the worlds most elite club competition by 2017, on top of 3 title wins.

The last 2 years have been a bit dull and though I have doubts about Claude they are the right kind of dull if that makes sense.

Might be a while before we are on the ascendancy again.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

When asked if Vardy had had a stomach complaint, Puel replied: "Yes, [he] couldn't digest the penalty decision."

Puel is claiming the penalty decision was so egregious that Vardz s*** himself

He gets funnier every single week.  People need to appreciate the progress he is making

Yep he’s a better comedian than he is manager! 

12 minutes ago, adam1 said:

If he goes (please note that I am not wanting him too), there is in my opinion only one manager who would suffice.... Rafa.

Which would require pretty much ripping up our squad and he plays a style of football different to what the owners seem to want.

oh yeah every where he goes he has trouble with the board

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

If he goes (please note that I am not wanting him too), there is in my opinion only one manager who would suffice.... Rafa.

Benitez has zero track record at investing time and energy in to a set of younger players. It would be ground zero, yet again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Forget Eddie Howe, I'd be amazed if he leaves anywhere from Bournemouth, it's a match made in heaven. He suits them and they suit him, he's a living legend there already. Why would anyone want to change that for the uncertainty of some other club and high expectations of its owners and supporters. 

Sampaoli, that's interesting. He did very well with Sevilla in La Liga but I thought he was the worst Argentina manager in years, with all the creative talent at his disposal, even Maradona did better! Hmm, maybe we should get Diego in, at least we would have better luck with the handballs ;)

I'd like us to have someone from Europe, even a gamble would be better than most 'safe' options that are linked with us. Philip Cocu could be available sometime soon as he's doing poorly at Fenerbahce (I wouldn't make too much of it though, Turkish league is specific). He was great for PSV. Defensive minded, so he could sort us from the back but his team often played counter attack against strong teams and he had a good hand for creative players. Speaks English well, so... more qualiteee!

Forget Eddie Howe, I'd be amazed if he leaves anywhere from Bournemouth, it's a match made in heaven. He suits them and they suit him, he's a living legend there already. Why would anyone want to change that for the uncertainty of some other club and high expectations of its owners and supporters. 

Agree on this.!! 

I would love the Howe-management,even more than Dyches small but still  successfull management.

Howe more than Dyche most likely has another good club in him.

So I wouldn't mind the gamble....despite that thought!!

If Puel was to be ousted,( not my wishes). I would still like to see the owners put down a massive offer for Howe!!!

But fans must also expect,another growth and rebuild era!!! That's why I don't understand the "now" from some of our

Puel-out fanatics!!! 

M.O'neil. Had also over his 1st 2 seasons hardened dissenters...makes you think dunnit!!..:yesyes:

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Benitez has zero track record at investing time and energy in to a set of younger players. It would be ground zero, yet again.

Can't fault what Puel's done for Chilwell, because he may not have got the chance under other managers, but the likes of Ndidi and other have played consistently for others

But what's the ultimate aim? To be a feeder club for the big 4 (although put up a brave fight along the way, but still ultimately sell our best player each summer)

Or to achieve in the here & now (whatever your definition of success is, eg 7th, Europa, a cup, consistent top half finishes etc.)

ps. I wouldn't choose Rafa at all... He's got Q's to answer over his methods... and his results this season, especially against Cardiff, us & Brighton

Edited by cc_star

5 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Can't fault what Puel's done for Chilwell, because he may not have got the chance under other managers, but the likes of Ndidi and other have played consistently for others

But what's the ultimate aim? To be a feeder club for the big 4 (although put up a brave fight along the way, but still ultimately sell our best player each summer)

Or to achieve in the here & now (whatever your definition of success is, eg 7th, Europa, a cup, consistent top half finishes etc.)

ps. I wouldn't choose Rafa at all... He's got Q's to answer over his methods... and his results this season, especially against Cardiff, us & Brighton

I suspect the ultimate aim is to build a squad of younger players that develop and get success with us and want to stay because of that. The squad evolves by adding further young talent and there will be occasions we move a player on that hasn't been as good as expected or who wants to leave and we receive a significant amount for them. For this to bring success though you have to be very proactive in recruiting replacements, we're due to lose our 2nd recruitment director in 3 years. I like the idea of this model but as always if the results aren't seen in the short/medium term then what's the fcukin point when there's no guarantee they'll arrive in the long term? These talented youngsters are ambitious and we've a reputation for scouting well and bigger clubs coming to us rather than doing their own scouting in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect the ultimate aim is to build a squad of younger players that develop and get success with us and want to stay because of that. The squad evolves by adding further young talent and there will be occasions we move a player on that hasn't been as good as expected or who wants to leave and we receive a significant amount for them. For this to bring success though you have to be very proactive in recruiting replacements, we're due to lose our 2nd recruitment director in 3 years. I like the idea of this model but as always if the results aren't seen in the short/medium term then what's the fcukin point when there's no guarantee they'll arrive in the long term? These talented youngsters are ambitious and we've a reputation for scouting well and bigger clubs coming to us rather than doing their own scouting in the first place. 

I like the grand plan, the Q is whether Puel is the man capable of delivering it - Because, like you say you need the results on the pitch too

But as Saints have showed, just like WHU before them with Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick... You eventually run out of real talent

Other clubs are also buying up U-21s to add to their own academy stock, in fact the EPPP tiered academy system dictates it (IIRC)

But losing 2 recruitment directors is a ridiculous situation, absolutely ridiculous, although whoever was responsible for Gheezal & maybe Iheanacho (in my harsher moments) should be sacked ;)

• Like 1

Of course Eddie Howe would come here. What more is he ever going to achieve at Bournemouth?

He's done an incredible job with them but there's a hierarchy in football and Bournemouth's top flight success has a shelf life. The only way from here is down.

We have a pedigree, resources, ambition to cement ourselves at European level and a history and fan base which far outweighs any that Bournemouth could ever dream of.

Without achieving at a club of our size, the reality is that Eddie Howe is never going to get a crack at a club any bigger than Leicester City.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Of course Eddie Howe would come here. What more is he ever going to achieve at Bournemouth?

He's done an incredible job with them but there's a hierarchy in football and Bournemouth's top flight success has a shelf life. The only way from here is down.

We have a pedigree, resources, ambition to cement ourselves at European level and a history and fan base which far outweighs any that Bournemouth could ever dream of.

Without achieving at a club of our size, the reality is that Eddie Howe is never going to get a crack at a club any bigger than Leicester City.

He has complete control over everything at Bournemouth. He’s already managed them above us once in the Premier League and he’s lined up well to do it again. 

He left Bournemouth once and his family life didn’t fit leaving the place. 

We are no more of an attraction. In an era where clubs have admitted that they don’t need fans to fill their ground for financial game, the money all comes from television. We are on the same playing field as them. 

He stays at Bournemouth - he’s the next England manager 

• Like 1

I think the trickiest thing is that there doesn't seem to be much progress being made. Strange subs, often too late and not really knowing what kind of football we go to see anymore. 

We have gone from one of the most exciting teams to watch in the prem, to being like England, sideways and backwards and trying to pass it into the net. We have barely scored from open play this season apart from counter attacks like we use to play. 

Possession play works great when you have the players of devi e ability like man city/arsenal etc do. We have no final killer pass, vardy is not suited to this kind of play and nacho just disappoints almost every game. 

I have not seen anything this season yet that gives me much hope, hopefully I'm wrong, and who would I have take over? God knows tbh, but then that's not my job! I just wish I looked forward to watching us each week, this football is dire and certainly isn't going to get us noticed around the world like our owners want. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, l444ry said:

Lucky to be still in a job. People jump through hoops to find positives for this fella. Been here a year and we seem incapable of stringing 90 decent minutes together in one shift. If mediocrity is your tipple then Puel’s the man for the job.

When he's getting credit for 21 year olds signing new bumper deals then I think there's a bit of desperation quite honestly.

He's decent up to a point but this constant shooting himself in the foot is going to put a glass ceiling above his head, and I think we're probably about at that point.

He's got a bit more time for me but I'm struggling with him.

• Like 2